Do the S Class bathrooms have a clothesline?

sue58

Do the S Class cabins have the retractable clothesline in the bathroom like the M Class bathrooms do? I use the clothesline in the M Class bathroom almost daily when I cruise. So if they aren't in the S Class bathrooms where do you hang your wet bathing suits, bits of hand washed clothing, etc?

I was assuming that all cabins had this clothesline but after reading prim8keeper's trip report where he commented on them I'm no longer sure.

Unfortunately, no. We just got off the Silhouette. There are 2 hooks inside the shower stall, another 2 hooks on the bathroom door, and 2 towel racks inside the bathroom. We ended up using those and then once we were in port, I would take our swimsuits and hang them on the balcony chairs to dry some more.

Thanks for the replies.

I'll pack my travel clothesline.

You may find that the shape of the shower will make using the clothesline a little difficult (probably the reason Celebrity didn't put one in), and that if you only have one with suction cups, you might have trouble finding a place for it where someone won't get decapitated. When we were on the Eclipse, we were happy to have a travel clothesline that has Velcro straps on each end (besides suction cups), which gave us more placement options (like doorknobs and towel bars).

Have a great trip!

I clip items on a hanger and use the two hooks on the inside of the bathroom door and the two hooks on the wall outside the bathroom. Clips are ones I removed from hangers (could use a clothespin). I also clip them to the backs of the chairs on the balcony so they stay, and the chairs are back in the corner when I do this so completely out of sight.

I do pack clothespins when I travel and find they come in handy for all sorts of things. It really isn't a big deal not to have the clothesline but I did get used to it.

I was out looking for the magnetic hooks yesterday.....nothing at Lowe's and only cheap ones at Home Depot. I do have some magnetic clips I bought but they aren't very strong.....I'll keep looking. Might be something to put on my "next time in the States" shopping list. :)

And to think that the S class ships had design input from an advisory panel of women and there are no clotheslines.

However, the good news is that there is a lower shelf in the shower stall so that you can comfortably rest your foot while shaving your legs. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Glad I saw this thread about there not being a clothesline in the shower. Who'da thought?? I always travel with a couple of clothespins. Now I'll throw a hanger or two with clips in my luggage, since I'm not flying and won't have to worry about the weight of my luggage. :D

Maryann

No complimentary Clotheslines on the S-Class Ships (they are however on the M Class Ships... Poor decision IMO to eliminate them)

We knew this going in from being here on CC... So this is how we made do. We brought along our traveling clothesline and our magnet hooks (walls in cabins are all metal)

Stung the clothes line from the knob in the shower stall (some claim it is there in lieu of a clothesline to hang your wet bathing suit on) to a magnetic hook we placed also up at ceiling height other side of the bath near the mirror.

Sorry cannot find the photos to correspond right now (although I may have posted them on CC in the past)

It worked out well.

We've found that Magnets & Magnet Hooks have lots of great uses when on a cruise... Also good for extra hanging space (robes, long items outside of the limited wardrobe space etc)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

And to think that the S class ships had design input from an advisory panel of women and there are no clotheslines.

However, the good news is that there is a lower shelf in the shower stall so that you can comfortably rest your foot while shaving your legs. :D

The advisory panel of women apparently didn't wear a lot of clothes because the closets are smaller and there is very limited drawer space. And don't get me started on those ridiculous bedside shelves. They did do a good job on the bathrooms.

Celebrity needs to consult with experienced cruisers before it designs its next class of ships.

Not sure who designed the S Class ship. Not having a clothesline in the bathroom is just one of the many things we disliked about Silhouette. We had a hard time with wet clothes and bathing suits. (my husband sweat at the gym his clothes are always soaking wet).

The advisory panel of women apparently didn't wear a lot of clothes because the closets are smaller and there is very limited drawer space. And don't get me started on those ridiculous bedside shelves. They did do a good job on the bathrooms.

Celebrity needs to consult with experienced cruisers before it designs its next class of ships.

Well, you know what they say about a camel being a horse designed by a committee! :) Based on the frequency of contrasting opinions expressed on this board, the consultative process could be quite entertaining.

I found a travel clothes line, complete with clothes pins at CVS (drug store that is more a mini store) for about $3. The ends have hooks so you can hook around anything or hook to itself. I love the S class ships so I make frequent use of these. I have used in shower, on balcony chairs ( set back from edge so really can't be seen from shore) and on the bathroom door.

The "Advisory Panel" knows I like great bathrooms lol. What do you put on the bedside shelves? I even stopped bringing the "over the door" shoe thingy on S Class because there was so much storage in the bathroom. We did a B2B on S Class and the storage was fine, just different from M Class. Most of my stuff was packed already on wire hangers so I just hung them up when I got my luggage. I would gladly keep the S Class bathrooms over any M Class bedside tables/shelves. JMO lol

Edited by Christine Frances

Thanks for the replies.

I'll pack my travel clothesline.

There are two silver hooks in the hallway and a place behind the TV to hang the clothesline. This works perfectly and does not take very much room, as it is against the wall at the foot of the bed. Your clothes dry overnight. Using your own clothesline this way leaves the bathroom free...:D and hangs about 8 or so items. Our room steward said it was very easy to clean our room and wished others would do the same. Sorry, but I don't have a photo.

Edited by Lastdance

...:D i always use a town to roll out extra water before hanging.

I'm sorry -- but I just sprayed iced tea all over my keyboard! ;) I know it was a typo (I make LOTS of them :o), but my immediate reaction was: Dang, that must be one big sink-full of clothes they're hanging! :D

Oh, and I'd like to second the suggestion for the REI travel clothesline. I take it on Solstice-Class ships - works great in either the showers or the tub (if you have a suite). :cool:

Not sure who designed the S Class ship. Not having a clothesline in the bathroom is just one of the many things we disliked about Silhouette. We had a hard time with wet clothes and bathing suits. (my husband sweat at the gym his clothes are always soaking wet).
We were only told that the cabins were designed by a panel of 5 women, but they neglected to mention that it was obviously a panel of very tall women with hairy legs on a nudist cruise.

That explains their priorities, the insufficient and inconveniently located clothing storage areas, the need for a leg shaving bar, and lack of a clothesline for hanging wet swimsuits in the shower as no swimsuits were needed. ;)

I'm sorry -- but I just sprayed iced tea all over my keyboard! ;) I know it was a typo (I make LOTS of them :o), but my immediate reaction was: Dang, that must be one big sink-full of clothes they're hanging! :D

Oh, and I'd like to second the suggestion for the REI travel clothesline. I take it on Solstice-Class ships - works great in either the showers or the tub (if you have a suite). :cool:

It is a very small town(towel).:eek: I am so glad you got a laugh out of it; sorry about your keyboard!

Edited by Lastdance

Maybe the advisory panel of women felt they do enough laundry at home and don't want to bother with it on vacation :P

I'm clearly in the minority because the hooks in the bathrooms on the S class ships worked fine for our swimsuits. Likewise, we found the cabin storage to be sufficient. We had more than enough storage space for the clothes we took with on our 11 and 12 night sailings.

If someone does laundry in their cabin then packing a travel clothesline is a good idea; however, if it's just swimsuits that you'll be drying the hooks will be fine.

Edited by lovemylab