RCL Stock, Time to Sell?

I'm not giving advice, just telling you what I'm doing: move everything into holdings that will be unaffected by a market crash. I don't own any RCL stock, but I will when the dust settles (and probably more than 100 shares).

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/were-in-the-third-biggest-stock-bubble-in-us-history-2014-07-15?link=MW_popular

I was thinking along similar lines myself.

It came to the point where having ownership was like having a lawn ornament. It was nice to have, but without combine-ability with CA it was a conversation piece.

When I purchased the stock was lower and the Canadian dollar was at par with the US. When I sold the US dollar was higher and so was the stock. I wanted to sell for a while, I just waited until the time was right. As with any investment it is purchased to make money. For me it was successful and for a period of time there were cruising perks, as well as the stockholder payments. I was a happy owner while I had it.:)

I'm not giving advice, just telling you what I'm doing: move everything into holdings that will be unaffected by a market crash. I don't own any RCL stock, but I will when the dust settles (and probably more than 100 shares).

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/were-in-the-third-biggest-stock-bubble-in-us-history-2014-07-15?link=MW_popular

Don't forget the old saying that "thestock market climbs a wall of fear"!

I sold mine last fall at a tidy profit. Once we started to get balcony discounts as well purchase FCC the noncombine-able aspect made stock ownership unnecessary.

We sold ours' last fall for the exact same reasons. The benefits just ceased to exist.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I'm an inside cabin cruiser and I use it on every cruise. The benefit is always more than any next cruise or RCL OBC offer. The benefits I've received so far have paid for the stock twice over and the stock has appreciated as well.

I hadn't use the benefit in years, then I sailed on the Grandeur in an OV cabin a couple of weeks ago. $100 OBC paid for my gratuities and half of my excursion to Universal Studios.

:)

We as well have not used it in years but the other day it was applied to my non balcony Splendour cruise in Oct and I have also used it recently on my Celebrity cruises so we are still holding on to it

We as well have not used it in years but the other day it was applied to my non balcony Splendour cruise in Oct and I have also used it recently on my Celebrity cruises so we are still holding on to it

Same with us. Occasionally we book an OV on a short cruise, and the $50 OBC covers half the gratuities.

I bought my 100 shares in October 2001 ofter 9/11. It was at $10.84/share. I received enough OBC long ago to cover that $1100 investment. Now I just watch it go up and down and enjoy the OBC when I can use it and don't fret when I can't.

It's a long term investment. I don't lose or make any money on it until I sell.

The nice thing is, when I bought it, it was combinable. We would get on board booking OBC, our stock OBC, and our RCCL visa OBC. Maybe we are the reason they don't let us combine anymore

Edited by chessbriar

I've got my 100 shares of RCL stock, too, but I haven't received any shareholder benefit from it for quite some time. Fortunately, watching the stock price climb has been entertaining enough.

However, now that I've used up my stash of NextCruise bookings and given the paltry onboard credit that's offered for an open booking in an inside cabin, I'm more likely to be able to use the shareholder benefit in the future. I may still purchase NextCruise bookings, but only for the reduced deposits if I can get the shareholder benefit's onboard credit instead.

I'm an inside cabin cruiser and I use it on every cruise. The benefit is always more than any next cruise or RCL OBC offer. The benefits I've received so far have paid for the stock twice over and the stock has appreciated as well.

I don't blame you and others who have said similar, when we eventually buy RCL and CCL stock, I'm not going to worry about the market unless I have more than 100 shares. We're more OV and Promenade cabin cruisers, so the benefits will go into the foreseeable future. :)

We normally cruise on Princess and I have never had a problem getting the Shareholder Credit. We are cruising 2 time on RCL next year so I am considering buying the 100 shares. I read so much on how they do not let you combine discounts/promos. Both cruises we booked on the BOGOHO sale and also the WOW. I called RCL today and asked if the shareholder credit could be combined with these discounts and they said yes. I hope it's true!

Edited by Tripin'

We normally cruise on Princess and I have never had a problem getting the Shareholder Credit. We are cruising 2 time on RCL next year so I am considering buying the 100 shares. I read so much on how they do not let you combine discounts/promos. Both cruises we booked on the BOGOHO sale and also the WOW. I called RCL today and asked if the shareholder credit could be combined with these discounts and they said yes. I hope it's true!

It is your Crown and Anchor Club OBC that is not combinable with shareholder benefits, where Carnival Corporation lets you stack them. For those who prefer inside and OV cabins, the shareholder benefits outweigh the loyalty perk. You should be fine with BOGOHO.

Both cruises we booked on the BOGOHO sale and also the WOW.

I think the WOW sale typically offers onboard credit. If that's the case, then you would have to give that up to get the shareholder benefit. You can't have both.

Edited by Daghis