Diamond Drink Vouchers - Explorer

Thank you for this posting. Now all of my questions have been answered. I haven’t been on EOS in ten years. We will be on her in December for a B2B and really would like to make it a B2B2B2. We hope the price swill drop some so we can take advantage of it.

Edited by trucruising

Thank you for this posting. Now all of my questions have been answered. I haven’t been on EOS in ten years. We will be on her in December for a B2B and really would like to make it a B2B2B2. We hope the price swill drop some so we can take advantage of it.

May I suggest increasing the size of your font, and perhaps even changing it.

:)

We were recently on the Jewel, and trying out the drink vouchers for the first time. I am pregnant, so obviously, not drinking alcohol. There was not a single drink that they could make me from the list. In the DL and CL, I can at least get fruit juice.

That was a bit disappointing, but in general, I like the concept.

We were recently on the Jewel, and trying out the drink vouchers for the first time. I am pregnant, so obviously, not drinking alcohol. There was not a single drink that they could make me from the list. In the DL and CL, I can at least get fruit juice.

They could not give you a soda?

I would have talked to the Concierge or Guest Services as they should have been able to make you Virgin Drinks.

• 1 month later...

Took us about two hours to get on board we got here at 10:45 and we were in the front of the regular line and were on faster than most at 12:30. Only problem is we are still here at the dock at 6:40. Also we just made diamond and went to the Viking crown lounge after the life boat drill ( we are one boat short still) and were told this area was for suite guests only go port side to cloud nine. After having a small bit of appetizers and no bartender we were told that was diamond plus. Go to deck 3 to the chambers. So at the chambers where there was only peanuts we were told diamond only gets red or white wine , rose or champagne. To get any mixed drinks go to any bar and use the three free drinks loaded on your sea pass. Ok that's fine but really no more diamond event or lounge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Took us about two hours to get on board we got here at 10:45 and we were in the front of the regular line and were on faster than most at 12:30. Only problem is we are still here at the dock at 6:40. Also we just made diamond and went to the Viking crown lounge after the life boat drill ( we are one boat short still) and were told this area was for suite guests only go port side to cloud nine. After having a small bit of appetizers and no bartender we were told that was diamond plus. Go to deck 3 to the chambers. So at the chambers where there was only peanuts we were told diamond only gets red or white wine , rose or champagne. To get any mixed drinks go to any bar and use the three free drinks loaded on your sea pass. Ok that's fine but really no more diamond event or lounge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did the drink situation get any better as the cruise went on? We will be on Explorer in January and have really been spoiled with a nice drink selection and hot appetizers in Diamond lounges of all of our recent cruises. I would hate to go back to the limited drink menu and peanuts. If things have gotten better, please let us know.

• 4 weeks later...

Went on Explorer 11/29/14. The diamond lounge was a sham. We were offered Wine and Champagne only. No Appetizers at all. Their excuse was that they did not have a dedicated Diamond Lounge. Did not receive invites to Diamond events nor the Diamond welcome aboard gift. Worst treatment I've ever had on an RC ship.

I normally sail on Celebrity and traveling on Royal in January. I am diamond member. Do these 3 complimentary drinks come loaded onto your card each night? Celebrity doesn't let you have complimentary drinks first night so just curious.

thanks!

I normally sail on Celebrity and traveling on Royal in January. I am diamond member. Do these 3 complimentary drinks come loaded onto your card each night? Celebrity doesn't let you have complimentary drinks first night so just curious.

thanks!

Yes, every night.

Went on Explorer 11/29/14. The diamond lounge was a sham. We were offered Wine and Champagne only. No Appetizers at all. Their excuse was that they did not have a dedicated Diamond Lounge. Did not receive invites to Diamond events nor the Diamond welcome aboard gift. Worst treatment I've ever had on an RC ship.

I'm sorry but there is no dedicated DL on Explorer and thus, no appetizers or any of the drinks that are usually available on the ships with DL's. It's not a "sham", that's the way it is, unfair or not. *shrug* Sorry about your missing invites or amenity; can't explain that one. :(

That doesn't make any sense. Soda is much less expensive than alcoholic drinks/wine/beer...
Not necessarily true. A shot of duty free liquor or a glass of house wine probably costs LESS than a can of soft drink. 0ur organization picnic offered tap-beer and canned soda. Non-beer drinkers complained about paying for beer. Figures were produced showing that 12oz of tap beer was considerably cheaper than a 12oz can of soda. [bTW soda from a gun is much cheaper than canned].

Thom

I don't know what their problem is, they really are trying to "stick"it to their loyal diamond members, by giving excuses they don't have to give you appetizers or better drinks just because they didn't have a dedicated lounge.

. we went on the liberty OTS several years back & they did NOT have a dedicated lounge.. they set up the small show lounge for the evening for Diamonds, with all the drinks & apps you wanted.