What ship will eventually replace Majesty?

Just off the Majesty this past weekend - another great cruise on her - and we grilled one of the senior officers during the welcome back event. He said, that yes, the original plan was for Majesty to go to Pullmantur and for Enchantment to take over in Miami. But that the powers that be were not going to move anything more to Pullmantur until it becomes profitable with the berths they already have. As he said, Enchantment is doing well in PC, and Majesty is a money maker - there is no need to change anything right now.

I think you could easily see her sailing in Miami until 2017.

Majesty has a dry dock in January for a touch up, nothing major.

It will be a shame when she leaves - I'm not sure you will ever get that intimate "welcome back" feeling from another ship in the fleet ever again.

Wow-you go on so many Majesty cruises.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Just off the Majesty this past weekend - another great cruise on her - and we grilled one of the senior officers during the welcome back event. He said, that yes, the original plan was for Majesty to go to Pullmantur and for Enchantment to take over in Miami. But that the powers that be were not going to move anything more to Pullmantur until it becomes profitable with the berths they already have. As he said, Enchantment is doing well in PC, and Majesty is a money maker - there is no need to change anything right now.

It will be a shame when she leaves - I'm not sure you will ever get that intimate "welcome back" feeling from another ship in the fleet ever again.

DH and I are trying to go on Majesty for our 11th time over Thanksgiving weekend. We have always enjoyed the little get away on her after spending the day with family.

Several years ago on a Majesty cruise one of the senior officers elaborated that thoughts were for a larger ship to take over Majesty's run, when she was retired because it is such a successful 3/4 day set of itineraries out of the Miami port. Enchantment would not give the runs more capacity, even though it would give them more balcony cabins without the balconies having to be JS.

• 1 month later...

The reality is that Majesty is a wonderful 'cash cow' for the company....and it may not be in a great rush to move her out of their service. They will eventually....and something with more pizzazz will probably take over. Because this is the only routes that cruise out of Miami, I think the line will consider something bigger than Enchantment for the runs that Her Majesty has. My personal vote would be for a Voyager class ship.....but time will tell....but so far her timetable for departure, just isn't here yet.

So to others...take a cruise on Her Majesty and ENJOY.

We'll be on her in February for the 8th (B2B) and 9th times. Have been on Oasis and Allure, and most of all the other class ships. It's always lots of fun to come back and sail on MJ again! The staff and crew are outstanding!

Rick and Deirdra

Will be heading out on Majesty for our 26th time next Friday. Great for a weekend getaway. Know for sure she is here at least for part of 2016. She will go into drydock in Jan for a few upgrades, mostly maintenance I am sure.

But they now have a true DL/CL with free drinks and food each evening. the 25% off is gone and we are really happy about that.

I would love Enchantment to take her place, we really like that ship. But we would also have no issue if a Voyager Class took her place at some point. Hubby loves the promenade through the middle of the ship:)

The reality is that Majesty is a wonderful 'cash cow' for the company....and it may not be in a great rush to move her out of their service. They will eventually....and something with more pizzazz will probably take over. Because this is the only routes that cruise out of Miami, I think the line will consider something bigger than Enchantment for the runs that Her Majesty has. My personal vote would be for a Voyager class ship.....but time will tell....but so far her timetable for departure, just isn't here yet.

So to others...take a cruise on Her Majesty and ENJOY.

Im doubtful it will even sail to her last published sailing, it's just not a competitive ship. Even carnival has upgraded there 3/4 day ship.

Definitely if royal wants to shake up that market they should put a voyager class ship, it's not really too far off being that freedom class ships already do 4/5 day runs.but I would imagine we would end up with either vision or grandeur doing the run.

Let's see

Edited by SaintL

Im doubtful it will even sail to her last published sailing, it's just not a competitive ship. Even carnival has upgraded there 3/4 day ship.

Definitely if royal wants to shake up that market they should put a voyager class ship, it's not really too far off being that freedom class ships already do 4/5 day runs.but I would imagine we would end up with either vision or grandeur doing the run.

Let's see

If they want to blow the competition out of the water, a Voyager Class ship with Flowrider will do the job.

Let's see

Well, all those people who DO go on her week in and week out, who have other options for spending their cruise dollars and time, prove she is 'competitive enough' or they would not be sailing on her.

Her Majesty is a 'cash cow' filling a nice piece of the profitability bottom line.

Would I love to see a Voyager class ship handling those itineraries, for sure...it would be great for me, when DH and I want a weekend away.

Edited by Paulette3028

The more I think about it having a Voyager class for the 3 and 4 day runs would be pretty awesome.

Someone just posted St.Maarten port schedule for 2016, and looks like Freedom will call frequently on Sundays there, indicating that she will be go to San Juan. If that is the case, my educated guess is that Adventure will move to Miami. Time will tell.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like the time is upon us to get a pool going.

I think Navigator. A Voyager class ship would blow NCL and Carnival away, no doubt. RCI could command higher prices, which in turn helps them to command higher prices for the 4 - 6 day market as well. If RCI is serious about raising fares they have the opportunity to raise the game on the 3-4 day market. NCL Sky? Carnival Fantasy-class? Forget about them.

And hey, RCI, you should do an alternating 4 day route; one that is sea day/labadee/sea day; and run that every other week. You'd get more B2B's so people could make a Bahamas trip on the 3 day and then a more leisurely labadee trip on the 4 day. Or a B2B2B for a somewhat unique 11 day itinerary. Lots of captive RCI owned stops on there, ifyouknowwhatImean.

Sad to see the Majesty go. A beautiful ship and enjoyable getaway.

I think Navigator is better than Adventure due to the exterior appearance so I think if any Voyager class goes to it,it would be Adventure,the Navigator still could command a better itinerary. As much as I would want Adventure in, I think we will either end up with Vision or Grandeur.

Vision doing out of Tampa is not very impressive for a 7 day cruise and Grandeur is just wasting away in Baltimore.

Maybe a good shock would be Brilliance.

Grandeur is just wasting away in Baltimore.

Grandeur gets all that big Bermuda $$$. No way they would give up Baltimore.

A Radiance class ship would be nice but I don't think they'd relegate one to a 3/4 day market full time anytime soon.

I'm guessing it is going to be 3 - 4 months before we would officially know??

I think Navigator is better than Adventure due to the exterior appearance so I think if any Voyager class goes to it,it would be Adventure,the Navigator still could command a better itinerary. As much as I would want Adventure in, I think we will either end up with Vision or Grandeur.

Vision doing out of Tampa is not very impressive for a 7 day cruise and Grandeur is just wasting away in Baltimore.

Can't take a Vision or Radiance class ship from Tampa as those are the only two classes than can fit under the bridge. Can't take a Vision class ship out of Baltimore as Radiance and higher can't fit under the bridge (there's been plenty of discussion that maybe Radiance can but I have not followed at all in detail... if Radiance can in fact get under, then Baltimore is realistic with it's winter schedule & Canada itineraries)

I feel Radiance Class in Miami would be a colossal waste of time and a big mistake. They are cold weather ships with extremely small pool decks/pools & propulsion systems needed for the Alaska/Baltics itineraries for environmental issues. Miami needs a warm weather ship that shows off RCL's WOW amenities with massive outside pool decks and more balcony staterooms, something that can provide consumers choice with things to do on board if they cannot tender in CoCoCay & for the many that stay on board in Nassau as well (ie. Florider, Full sports court, ice rink, etc). Navigator would be phenomenal imho.

Bob said it very well on the other thread that's currently going... maybe Enchantment to Miami because she can fit much easier into Key West and NoS to CC to replace Enchantment.

Edited by Hoopster95

I cannot believe that any Radiance Class ship replaces Majesty on the short runs.

Those ships are designed for longer cruises and with their open spaces and glass fronts, they are best for Alaska, Northern Europe and Mediterranean (where I expect them to go in 2016 again...).

MAYBE one of the Vision Class ships - maybe Vision itself (if she is not returning to Europe or sailing year-round from Tampa) or Grandeur maybe??

At least one of the two Voyager-Class-ships (Adventure, Navigator) should sail from Southampton again in 2016...

Can't take a Vision or Radiance class ship from Tampa as those are the only two classes than can fit under the bridge. Can't take a Vision class ship out of Baltimore as Radiance and higher can't fit under the bridge (there's been plenty of discussion that maybe Radiance can but I have not followed at all in detail... if Radiance can in fact get under, then Baltimore is realistic with it's winter schedule & Canada itineraries)

I feel Radiance Class in Miami would be a colossal waste of time and a big mistake. They are cold weather ships with extremely small pool decks/pools & propulsion systems needed for the Alaska/Baltics itineraries for environmental issues. Miami needs a warm weather ship that shows off RCL's WOW amenities with massive outside pool decks and more balcony staterooms, something that can provide consumers choice with things to do on board if they cannot tender in CoCoCay & for the many that stay on board in Nassau as well (ie. Florider, Full sports court, ice rink, etc). Navigator would be phenomenal imho.

Bob said it very well on the other thread that's currently going... maybe Enchantment to Miami because she can fit much easier into Key West and NoS to CC to replace Enchantment.

My argument here is that the can take away those ships for that area, Baltimore is a hard sell and Tampa only has a so so cruise market . They may be better of placing those ships elsewhere.

If that is the case, my educated guess is that Adventure will move to Miami. Time will tell.

It was me who posted that Freedom calls frequently at St. Maarten on Sundays, and is very likely to sail from San Juan - in fact that implies that Adventure moves elsewhere.

Adventure is listed in several european ports for 2016 (Gibraltar; Villefranche/Nice; Civitavecchia/Rome; Skjolden/Norway; Le Havre/France etc...), so she might be the ship sailing from Southampton in 2016 - or she is just a placeholder for Navigator, which also might sail from Southampton in 2016...

Sadly we cannot do more than wait and guess right now... :rolleyes:

Edited by celebrity_fan

My argument here is that the can take away those ships for that area, Baltimore is a hard sell and Tampa only has a so so cruise market . They may be better of placing those ships elsewhere.

Ah ok, I gotcha :)

Baltimore topic has been discussed quite a bit, they seem to always fill the ship at what I consider high pricing when I've been looking at it the last couple of years. I feel that RCL is there to stay. Vision in Tampa on the other hand... I was surprised when they announced re-deployment of Vision there alongside Brilliance, and last winter there were many $299pp 7-day offerings on the Tuesday sales.

Adventure is listed in several european ports for 2016 (Gibraltar; Villefranche/Nice; Civitavecchia/Rome; Skjolden/Norway; Le Havre/France etc...), so she might be the ship sailing from Southampton in 2016 - or she is just a placeholder for Navigator, which also might sail from Southampton in 2016...

This is a really good point... Florider in Europe on a port intensive itinerary? Adventure already has history sailing out of Southampton so that makes perfect sense with NoS in Miami (or Cape Canaveral, switch with Enchantment)

Ah ok, I gotcha :)

Baltimore topic has been discussed quite a bit, they seem to always fill the ship at what I consider high pricing when I've been looking at it the last couple of years. I feel that RCL is there to stay. Vision in Tampa on the other hand... I was surprised when they announced re-deployment of Vision there alongside Brilliance, and last winter there were many $299pp 7-day offerings on the Tuesday sales.

We are also booked on Vision out of Tampa for April 2015, at a relatively low price - I do not have any clue whether Tampa does not sell well?? :confused:

Or is the ship not arrtactive enough for most people??

If she was pulled away from Tampa, maybe whe would do well out of Miami.

Or: Vision to Port Canaveral, Enchantment Miami.

What I asked myself: Miami is the home of RCI, and the only RCI ship sailing from there is the oldest ship in the fleet???

If a Voyager class ship does replace the Majesty I think it will stay in Miami instead of going to Canaveral to replace Enchantment. It seems to me that the Enchantment has been discounting her prices a lot more than Majesty has been.

This would suggest that because if the vastly larger market that Miami has it would be a lot easier to sell the extra 800 or so berths that the Voyager class ships have over the Majesty or Enchantment.

It also would not surprise me that if they did use the Voyager class ship for the 3/4 day runs that they would drop Key West as a port. With the larger ship there is more opportunity to get people to spend more money on board instead of in a port.

Edited by Ourusualbeach