Today's sailing of Vision of the Seas

Watching the Port Everglades web cam and listening to the marine radio, there has been quite a delay in the ship sailing. From what I have heard, the delay had something to do with needing to disembark some crew. May be wrong, but it sounded as if there were too many crew aboard. And, now just as they started to take in lines, a decision was to disembark one more crew member.

Anybody else watching/listening and can you figure out why this is going on? I think a reason was given by the Pilot of the ship, but I did not clearly hear it.

Yes I did hear that they were going to leave late, but all I heard was that it was because of (now here is where I cant swear to what I heard), but sounded like somebody was ill and needed to be taken off of the ship. I did not hear if it were passenger or crew. I was watching to see Carnival Freedom leave, and heard someone aboard VOS say they would be right behind Carnival, but see that they are still there.

interesting view there now...yacht express with a nice yacht or two on the deck.

I think Vos is ready to leave now about 6pm.

Edited by SMSACE6

Yes, they are on their way. I did hear that a passenger needed to be disembarked because of a medical issue and initially thought it was Vision. But, I now think that was Freedom. Based upon the Pilot's voices on the radio, I am almost sure that the number of crew issue was on Vision. I can't imagine what that could be about!

Then another question: What happens to the suddenly disembarked crew regardless whether it was from Freedom or Vision? Do they go camping (LOL) on Fort Lauderdale beach until the next sailing?

Hopefully they will be looked after:) and at a decent hotel. doesnt have to be luxury, but at least clean. It sounds like having too many crew would be an internal crew booking issue, and should not be their problem, so again, hopefully they get looked after without having to spend much if any out of pocket.

but now you have planted visions of cruiseship crew camping out on FLL beach LOL.:D I have camped out in worse places, but those sand fleas can wreak havoc.:eek:

Yes too many crew on Vision! Finally she in underway! [emoji41]
They also took off a sick passenger by accident. Friends are on the cruise so I was watching the sailaway and via Facebook posts (from theim and their friends). Carnival Freedom left first then the Yacht Transport ship and then VI

They also took off a sick passenger by accident. Friends are on the cruise so I was watching the sailaway and via Facebook posts (from theim and their friends). Carnival Freedom left first then the Yacht Transport ship and then VI

Wait. What does that mean? How do you take a sick passenger off BY ACCIDENT?!?!?!?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Wait. What does that mean? How do you take a sick passenger off BY ACCIDENT?!?!?!?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Completely agree:confused: I am also wondering how they end up with too many staff:confused: they should know how many crew are due to be on board from the contracts:confused:

Just off Vision yesterday, I know they mentioned outboard that they had "doubled up" on a lot of the entertainment staff because they were training the replacements on our cruise and then the experienced group were getting off yesterday, maybe some of them tried to stowaway ?

OK--this is a very strange thread. A sick passenger taken off accidentally? . . . What--the passenger didn't realize he/she was leaving the ship?

The training of entertainment staff makes more sense. Some may have thought they were on for another sailing. [but, it does not seem like the ship is very organized!] :rolleyes::eek: That does not inspire confidence.

We heard the PortFever audio discussion between pilot and someone regarding Vision delay and which ship would follow which ship :-)

They said a woman had fainted on Vision and after the ship's doctor saw her, it was decided she needed to leave the ship for further medical evaluation so an ambulance was coming.

Also heard something about being overbooked but not sure which ship they were talking about.

Always interesting chatter between pilot's, small boat captains, freighters and the tugs in Ft. Lauderdale

Meant sick patient taken off by Ambulance. Sorry Trying to multitask and fell short.

Edited by SherriZ366

Yes - the delay was because of "us" being taken off due to fainting and decision not to sail but to check out what happened. We are thankful that we are OK, they were great in helping us off and getting us to hospital. They would have taken care of us if need local attention but we are South Florida residents and did not need further assistance. But the miracle is.... we had opportunity to help a very sick friend (not a sailor) connect to meet a need. Sorry the delay!