Previous and future cruises?

The future cruises is do friends can also see what your booked on and keep tabs yourself. But past cruises is for me to keep track of my history

Others is to show off how much they have done

I took my past cruises off to do signature size and my future one is out of date and missing a number of cruises

Really it is personal but good way to select a cruise if friends are on it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The reasion why I list our past and future cruises on my Signature is so people know what cruises I have been on and where I have been / and going to.

It also handy to have my future cruises listed as well, because it helps other people who are on your cruise find you and sometimes you got told about there roll calls :)

For me it is so I can remember where and when I have cruised and where and when I will be cruising. A good way to have a record. I quite often exclude my sig block from posts by unticking the Show your signature below so only those who are really interested can have a look at my profile if they want to see it.

I have had numerous friends interested in where I ahve been to gather info for when they go there, it is also good for those you wish to join us on a cruise.:D

I thought it was so that people could see you were genuine if you make a statement. I know people could fake their signatures, but to me, I take people on face value, and if they talk about the difference between cruise lines and they have been on certain ships, it shows their experience. Say if the question is about Oasis, then if I comment about Royal Caribbean people know I have been on some of the lines ships, but not Oasis.

I find it interesting to see what cruises people have been on.

Sometimes things that are put on here are criticized by people. Each to their own opinion.

In that case, I'd have none listed, as I haven't been on any "flash 4 or 5 star" ships.

No Marion a cruise is a cruise,:) it's not about the quality it's about the quantity, or at least that's what I meant by my comment ( in jest ). I really enjoy reading the posters P & F lists, it give a great insight into what everybody has been up to although it does make you envious sometimes:D

No Marion a cruise is a cruise,:) it's not about the quality it's about the quantity, or at least that's what I meant by my comment ( in jest ). I really enjoy reading the posters P & F lists, it give a great insight into what everybody has been up to although it does make you envious sometimes:D

Definitely.

I see some people's sig block and think that I will not only need the next forty years to do that but I will also need to win the lottery. My wife and I have already done a lot and plan to do heaps more (our bucket is like an Olympic sized pool) but there is no way we could do what some people have done.:D

Being relatively new to cruising and new to Cruisecritic, I love seeing and reading what cruises people have been on, it's quite fascinating.

I have no idea how to do it though..!

Its quite simple....heres how....

Look for the bar near the top of the page that has UserCP. Thats User Control Panel. Click on that and it will bring up options Select Edit Signature and enter what ever you like into the box, as if posting a reply. You can preview and if its OK click Save Changes.

Also in User CP you have the Option to have the Signatures showing or have them switched off. I have them switched off as I find the page loads faster, although these days theres not much difference. If I want to see where someone has been or is going , I just have to click on their User Name and I can check out their Profile and /or view all their postings.

I have never done it.

Its a bit annoying to me as it makes the posts too long to scroll through at times!

And why I am at it lol I hate it when people quote when the original post had pictures in it, you have to scroll the same pictures over and over again to read the comment!

Each to their own though :D:D:D

....And why I am at it lol I hate it when people quote when the original post had pictures in it, you have to scroll the same pictures....

Totally agree with you on this, very frustrating!

I have never done it.

Its a bit annoying to me as it makes the posts too long to scroll through at times!

And why I am at it lol I hate it when people quote when the original post had pictures in it, you have to scroll the same pictures over and over again to read the comment!

Each to their own though :D:D:D

When I first discovered cruise critic, I was reading one of the forums and there was a lot of discussion as to the pro's and con's. A lot expressed the same view as fish taco as some cruisers had accrued heaps. I took the conservative view as to not upset the apple cart and have not listed (don't know how, anyway). With cruises 23 and 24 coming up this season, I can see how it would be a page waster. But I have no record of when and what cruises without looking up the photos, so listing does serve as a factual reminder for the cruiser.

Edited by megsie

When I first discovered cruise critic, I was reading one of the forums and there was a lot of discussion as to the pro's and con's. A lot expressed the same view as fish taco as some cruisers had accrued heaps. I took the conservative view as to not upset the apple cart and have not listed (don't know how, anyway). With cruises 23 and 24 coming up this season, I can see how it would be a page waster. But I have no record of when and what cruises without looking up the photos, so listing does serve as a factual reminder for the cruiser.

I am with you and Den about quoting pictures, and reviews that are really long!! I sometimes pick the section I want to quote and delete the rest.

I have my cruises listed in one box, but I can choose to not have my signature showing by unchecking the box under the submit reply box, which I have done in this post......but forget sometimes:o it is good in rollcalls that are really active and lots of posts.

I too have forgotten what cruises I have done and the list helps what year etc

I also like to look at what ships others have been on, their preferred line and know that if they are giving me info and advice it comes from their experience.

Chez

xx

Edited by cheznandy

And here's me with fancy colours in my signature - never really gave it any thought - I was on the Costa Boards a few years ago - and they all seemed to do it that way - (sheep or what :o) though I do like my penguins :p:D

And here's me with fancy colours in my signature - never really gave it any thought - I was on the Costa Boards a few years ago - and they all seemed to do it that way - (sheep or what :o) though I do like my penguins :p:D

Luv your signature.....don't change it! wish I knew how to do the fancy stuff.....I have been on this forum for nearly 10 years:eek: and still do not know how to multi quote haha!

Chez

xx

Luv your signature.....don't change it! wish I knew how to do the fancy stuff.....I have been on this forum for nearly 10 years:eek: and still do not know how to multi quote haha!

Chez

xx

Wohho.......I love your profile where you have all your cruises - where do I get one of those from - I could do that with mine - and still keep my penguins :D;) and if I forget where I have been - I can always find out :eek:

Edited by dizzy1948

Wohho.......I love your profile where you have all your cruises - where do I get one of those from - I could do that with mine - and still keep my penguins :D;) and if I forget where I have been - I can always find out :eek:

Haha. see I forgot to hide it again:rolleyes:

Just click on the box in my signature, then go to home, then click on the links.....you can register, username password etc, then add cruises and ports.

I just saw lots of others using it and it saved having the list, taking up space......then I went and booked some cruises and added countdowns and took up more space, this damn cruising thing is addictive:p

Chez

xx

I am with you and Den about quoting pictures, and reviews that are really long!! I sometimes pick the section I want to quote and delete the rest.
I do this most of the time as well

I have my cruises listed in one box, but I can choose to not have my signature showing by unchecking the box under the submit reply box, which I have done in this post......but forget sometimes:o it is good in rollcalls that are really active and lots of posts.

I nearly always do this.

I too have forgotten what cruises I have done and the list helps what year etc

This is one reason why I keep a sig block full of cruises past and present.

I also like to look at what ships others have been on, their preferred line and know that if they are giving me info and advice it comes from their experience.

This is the other

Chez

xx

Edited by MicCanberra