Concierge Class - canapes

tbmrt

Do I need to request canapes early in the day (for afternoon delivery)?

Can I make requests from a menu or on phone or must we just take what is delivered?

Do we need to be there to accept delivery OR can I request a time for delivery?

I usually order some snacks from Room Service to enjoy on our balcony at 4pm or so.

Thanks

You will have a form in your cabin each day asking what time you would like to have your canapes delivered. If you are not there, they will leave them in the cabin. We asked for cheese and crackers instead of canapes and ended up getting both every evening. :)

Really not worth ordering. They will be delivered to your room by your steward and left on the table if you are not in. It is a very poor selection, you would get much better at the buffet.

As mentioned it is subjective to what people like or do not like, I forgo the canapes. I find that I am still full from lunch to worry about the nibblies, and if I do want something it tends to be things like crisps or chocolate which I have to get myself.:D

I like hummus and olives, but not so much the greasy fried chips that were served with them. Last December on the Silhouette that's what the canapés consisted of Every. Single Day. Is this still what they're serving?

I much preferred to be surprised every day with an assortment of items.

On my last cruise (in March), it was stated that the canapes would not be left if no one was in the room to receive them. Previously they had always done so. Not sure if this is still true, but thought I would mention it.

We are not huge fans of the canapes. We called room service and put in a standing order for a cheese/cracker/fruit plate at 4:00 pm. This worked out great and we advised our room steward to skip the canapes. Not saying this was the best tray of it's type we've ever had, but it was decent most days and to our tastes better than the canapes.

Do I need to request canapes early in the day (for afternoon delivery)?

Can I make requests from a menu or on phone or must we just take what is delivered?

Do we need to be there to accept delivery OR can I request a time for delivery?

I usually order some snacks from Room Service to enjoy on our balcony at 4pm or so.

Thanks

These are deliver to your room automatically. You have no choice. I found the few bites enough to hold me until dinner. They were nothing very interesting. I did not miss them when we sailed veranda vs. Concierge.

On my last cruise (in March), it was stated that the canapes would not be left if no one was in the room to receive them. Previously they had always done so. Not sure if this is still true, but thought I would mention it.

We are not huge fans of the canapes. We called room service and put in a standing order for a cheese/cracker/fruit plate at 4:00 pm. This worked out great and we advised our room steward to skip the canapes. Not saying this was the best tray of it's type we've ever had, but it was decent most days and to our tastes better than the canapes.

As much as enjoyed the sushi, I wish we had thought of this!

As mentioned it is subjective to what people like or do not like, I forgo the canapes. I find that I am still full from lunch to worry about the nibblies, and if I do want something it tends to be things like crisps or chocolate which I have to get myself.:D
We feel the same way and always tell them not to leave us anything, preferring to get what we want when we feel like having it.

The snacks at Cafe al Bacio are much better than the canapes or substitutes they bring around on the cart, while some afternoons we simply prefer to have pizza or ice-cream or a hamburger or hotdog instead.

For those with mobility problems, it is very nice if you can get a suite and have your butler bring you whatever you want, whenever you want it.

Without a suite, ordering from room service provides more variety and flexibility than just getting automatic delivery of canapes or cheese and fruit plates each day. There is no need to be limited to the same type of snacks every day, day after day.

But as long as we are able to move around easily, we would rather get a little exercise and go get whatever we want ourselves, even if we are in a suite.

We enjoy looking around to see all the different kinds of goodies that are available at the various locations around the ship each day.

This makes the butler very unhappy, if he catches us, almost making us feel guilty about sneaking out and getting snacks for ourselves instead of calling him. :D

Edited by varoo

We feel the same way and always tell them not to leave us anything, preferring to get what we want when we feel like having it.

The snacks at Cafe al Bacio are much better than the canapes or substitutes they bring around on the cart, while some afternoons we simply prefer to have pizza or ice-cream or a hamburger or hotdog instead.

For those with mobility problems, it is very nice if you can get a suite and have your butler bring you whatever you want, whenever you want it.

Without a suite, ordering from room service provides more variety and flexibility than just getting automatic delivery of canapes or cheese and fruit plates each day.

But as long as we are able to move around easily, we would rather get a little exercise and go get whatever we want ourselves, even if we are in a suite.

We enjoy looking around to see all the different kinds of goodies that are available at the various locations around the ship each day.

This makes the butler very unhappy, if he catches us, almost making us feel guilty about sneaking out and getting snacks for ourselves instead of calling him. :D

Way too much food for us lol. We have early seating and usually don't have any food after 12-1pm. We enjoy the canape's with a glass of wine while dressing for dinner. We try the reg ones first and not to our liking we order cheese and crackers. Last thing we want to be is full going to dinner!:eek::D

I wouldn't book a cabin based on free canapés - but hey, free and no effort and they "show up" Some days they sat on the desk. Other days I gobbled them up. Go with the flow. It you need more go find your new favorite snack or order from room service.

Personally my afternoon snack was the garlic bread at the pizza station or a treat from Café al Bacio!

Happy Cruising!

On our last cruise, on the Eclipse, we had to fill out a daily sheet stating what time we will be in the room to receive the canapes or they will not be left in our room if no one is there to receive them. I thought it was ridiculous to fill out this form daily and asked our attendant to have his boss come over to speak with us - when he came we explained that on vacation daily paperwork was not our idea of a good time - he understand and we received our canapes every day and it just made our life a bit easier! We only wanted cheese and crackers with some grapes, which is always a nice small plate of assorted slices of cheese and several crackers.

We do not ask for the canapés. If we decide to have a pre-dinner drink on our veranda we get cheese and Carr crackers from the buffet. For us, it works out perfectly, pick what we want and not, in our opinion, the less than appetizing canapés. But of course that is our choice and do understand and respect those who like the afternoon delights.

Edited by Oville

We just asked our Room Steward to bring them every day whether we were in our room or not. There was never a problem on any of our cruises doing that. Certainly didn't have to ask his "boss"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Christine Frances