What exactly does a personal cruise consultant do?

rc1973

I have received a few calls from my personal cruise consultant. However, I am unsure as to what exactly they do? If you have used their services, could you let me know what their role is? Thanks.

Well our PCC was the pits!

Once we made final payment it was nearly impossible to reach him. He never returned email or phone messages... ever. The only way I knew he was still around was that one time we needed to speak with him and of course he never answered - we then called the main NCL number and spoke with a supervisor who got in touch with him for us, and only then did he return our call.

In fact two families in our group couldn't reach him to make final payment, they had to call someone else. Really, really poor customer service with this guy. :mad:

We had the same with ours. Once you booked he would never return any calls or emails. And if you happened to get a hold of him he would try to rush you off the phone as quick as possible like he had better things to do.

We stopped even bothering him or using him and I just book everything direct myself.

Some people have used travel agents which seem to have better customer service results but definitely try to find someone that is very familiar with cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have been told no to certain requests by my PCC and the called back and spoken to a random PCC and had much better results. This happened on my 1st 2 cruises where there were huge price drops after the PIF. I was told there was nothing NCL could do. After reading these boards I called back and was offered upgrades both times which I declined but got some OBC

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Like customer care employees of all companies, personal cruise consultants will vary widely in their skill sets, drive, ambition, and knowledge. My PCC has always responded to my emails and calls in a timely manner. When I'm ready to book a cruise, I usually get an idea of cost and timing via the NCL website. Then I contact her to discuss and finalize. On one occasion, she was able to get me some OBC or discount that I had not found on the website or known about. But usually she just books me in the same manner that I could book it myself on the website. When I needed to cancel and rebook a different cruise, she was more than eager to help me with the changes. From reading on cruise critic, all PCCs are not equal. It seems to be a luck of the draw whether you get a good one or not.

My PCC has been awesome. I've always been able to get a hold of him and when he's not available, he always calls back in a resonable amount of time. Same thing when I send him emails. I booked our last cruise with him and was thinking about switching to a 3rd party as they were a little cheaper. He gave me such good service that I decided to keep the booking with him. Like others have said some are good and others aren't.

I'd try to find another PCC to go with and you might have better luck.

Our PCC is very good as well. When we booked our current trip, our dates were flexible, so she looked around for the best price for us. She also made sure we got discounts and OBC that I wasn't able to receive if I had booked it online.

Before we went on our cruise in January, she called to see if there was anything she could do for us and followed up with us after the cruise. In addition, she was able to get us additional OBC after final payment was due when a promotion was featured on the website.

I have received a few calls from my personal cruise consultant. However, I am unsure as to what exactly they do? If you have used their services, could you let me know what their role is? Thanks.

Essentially a PCC is a Personal Cruise Consultant who is like a travel agent except they are only NCL agents. The biggest advantage is that you have the same go-to person rather than getting a different person every time you phone NCL.

Most PCC's are more knowledgeable than the average NCL phone rep.

The good PCC's are fantastic. The bad ones will drive you nuts. We are fortunate in that ours is fantastic. When we email him we get an answer in a few hours, even if it is a weekend. If the answer to our question or request isn't brief then he phones us with the answer or explanation. We got lucky in getting him.

I just book with an online TA with the best price. Handle all questions via email, which gives me a written record. Never had any issues. Always get OBC and perks. However, I do my homework and learn about the ship and cabins before booking.

my PCC was brilliant for the EPic cruise, she took care of lots of things after booking

When I went to book for the next one, I couldn't get them to return calls or emails so booked with someone else

Maybe she thought I was too demanding, but that's what they are there for

I needed 2 pedicures at the same time and you can't do that online, so she did it for me

When I booked my cruise, my PCC told me about saving 5% if I signed up for AARP (even though I'm not yet 50). He also called a month after I booked and gave me an extra $100 OBC because of a new promotion I didn't know about.

Clearly, your mileage may vary. Our PCC has been great. She sometimes forgets to follow-up on things, but a reminder brings an immediate apology and action. Her level of service and accessibility continued after final payment, and she has always been very friendly, nice, and accommodating, and even went out of her way once to accommodate a request that would not normally have been honored (won't mention what as I don't want to get anyone in trouble . . .)

What exactly does a personal cruise consultant do?

The last one I used booked me on a cruise that wasn't legally bookable, corporate NCL unbooked us, then the PCC turned around and booked us on the same cruise again the same afternoon we were unbooked. Oh, and recharging my credit card that still hadn't been refunded from the 1st go around which created even more problems and confusion. All I can say it is a good thing I hadn't booked my air fare. I'd have been royally pissed.

So what does a PCC do? Just reinforces in my opinion about NCL's shore side service in one word...... Sucks. :eek:

My PCC got my cruise fare reduced by over 45%. She has stayed in touch with me every time I have emailed her, and sometimes she emails me with info that she thinks is helpful to me. She is a fantastic PCC!

In a nutshell, a PCC is a travel agent who works directly for, and only books, Norwegian Cruise Line cruises.

As to their exact duties:

POSITION DESCRIPTION:

BASIC SUMMARY:

This position is responsible for selling Norwegian Cruise Line products directly to consumers by initiating outbound telephone calls and then cultivating and maintaining customer relationships, to include building rapport, recommending modifications to products and services which promotes customer retention, driving direct sales and ensuring an overall superior customer service experience with Norwegian.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

Promotes sales to direct consumers by initiating calls, acting on leads and/or prospects in order to identify travel needs, present/explain Norwegian Cruise Line products and make travel recommendations.

Establishes and maintains quality customer relationships by delivering exceptional customer service, establishing rapport, identifying and meeting customer needs and expectations to include meeting customer retention goals and following up with consumers as necessary, in order to close sale and meet/exceed revenue goals.

Builds and maintains effective relationships with new and existing consumers. Maintains consumer prospect lists/contact database in order to identify client travel trends; Proactively and consistently seeks opportunities to promote and sell Norwegian Cruise Line products based on client travel history.

Acquires in depth industry and company knowledge in order to articulate cruise product features, benefits, pricing and make recommendations to include promotions, itineraries, and auxiliary products such as stateroom upgrades, onboard credits and other shipboard amenities.

Attends and actively participates in daily team meetings or relevant sales training in order to ensure appropriate sales techniques are being used and accurate information is being communicated to direct consumers.

Participates in department approved mass e-mail campaigns targeting specific guests' profiles.

Perform other job related functions as assigned.

My cruise consultant is great. He always returns my calls promptly and last cruise he called me out of the blue to tell me I had been upgraded from an interior to a BX! I enjoy talking to him about cruising and also we touch on other subjects as well, ever so briefly. I have found that using a consultant is the best way for me. He has been great, I have got the best deal and he knows the ship inside and out. If you aren't happy with your consultant, just politely ask for another. Like any job, there will be good employees, OK employees and not good.