Freedom of the Seas drydock

It's great that the Freedom is able to take advantage of the currents and make great time but the test will come on the Eastern itinerary that she starts next week. The Eastern cruises in December were affected to a much greater extent than the Western route was.

Hopefully they can fix this very soon.

That is because it is uphill all the way back to Port Canaveral.

Does Disney stop at Castaway Cay on the way back? And what day? Would that interfere with another ship at Coco Cay? I know that Royal will sometimes tender 2 ships at Coco Cay but they usually don't have 2 ships when a Freedom class is one of them.

I'm sure they could do it if they wanted to but it would most likely mean rearranging a bunch of schedules.

Disney does try to stop at Castaway Cay on the last full day.

2-3 times per month there are 2 ships. Usually Majesty and Serenade but occasionally Enchantment and Grandeur. Never seen a Freedom class with another ship though....way too many people.
Agree -- as I suggested, skip Coco Cay for the next 2 Eastern (or at least for my cruise 2-22) due to the propulsion issues and do the itinerary backwards. RCI can figure out how to get enough revenue enhancement out of captive passengers on the way back to Port C without Coco Cay.

We loved the backwards itinerary in January 2014!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, it is 50/50 that you will be able to tender into Coco Cay due to weather, waves etc.

Edited by SherriZ366

I don't think the ship can go as fast backwards as it can forwards.
Ha Ha!! only itinerary is backwards -- we sailed forward in Jan. 2014. LOL

Think RCI should alternate forwards and backwards Eastern FR itinerary. It would be even better in months that have less ships like in May.

We docked at 0610. I did Express Departure which started at 0700. I was off the ship, through customs and on Cocoa Beach Shuttle to airport by 0720. I'll easily make my flight at 1100.

Welcome back, thanks for the reports along with the way. I'm still around 11 weeks, but was watching every report. Its a little warmer up here in Ohio today. We almost hit 50 yesterday.

Edited by BillOh

She's a good deal north of West Pam Beach, slowing to 22.4 knots!!!

Good morning, kids......as I type this, she's inside the harbor at PC. On time arrival this week, now let's see what she does on the Eastern run...

The ship may have been doing 22.4 knots while going up hill, the ship arrives at Port Canaveral on time, and still people are not satisfied.

Welcome back, thanks for the reports along with the way. I'm still around 11 weeks, but was watching every report. Its a little warmer up here in Ohio today. We almost hit 50 yesterday.

Hit 60 about a 100 miles south of you. Took the granddaughter to the Zoo. I'm still looking forward to 80s, sunshine and virgin piña coladas.

Again, thanks for the updates, Barklee. Maybe Columbus, Dayton and just south of Cincinnati can get together one of these days.

What is the web address to view FOS in port? When I pull up Port Canaveral webcam it looks like I am seeing 2 Carnival ships and a Disney ship.

TIA,

Pam

Take a look at the following link... you can see the stern of the Freedom. This is the "construction" cam for Terminal 1. Don't know if they are going to continue to leave it up and running or perhaps adjust it so there is a better view of the ship.

http://webcampub.multivista.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=aPublicWebcam.embed&WebcamPublicEmbedUID=873D8514-F022-46B4-94F1-2FDB6070F759&width=&height

Take a look at the following link... you can see the stern of the Freedom. This is the "construction" cam for Terminal 1. Don't know if they are going to continue to leave it up and running or perhaps adjust it so there is a better view of the ship.

http://webcampub.multivista.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=aPublicWebcam.embed&WebcamPublicEmbedUID=873D8514-F022-46B4-94F1-2FDB6070F759&width=&height

Thank you BB. She is a beaut!

Pam

What is the web address to view FOS in port? When I pull up Port Canaveral webcam it looks like I am seeing 2 Carnival ships and a Disney ship.

TIA,

Pam

http://www.portcanaveralwebcam.com/ is probably what you're looking at but it now has to pan almost 180 degrees to include new Terminal #1 where Freedom now docks. So it goes back and forth....