Aqua Shower Size - S class vs M class

stevea36

Hi,

We're travelling this November on S class (reflection) for the first time, in AQ. We have travelled in M class (summit) in aqua and were very pleased with the shower size. Can someone tell me how the size of the shower in an A1 on reflection compares to the one on summit as we are travelling with others who may need a larger shower.

thanks,

Steve

Hi,

We're travelling this November on S class (reflection) for the first time, in AQ. We have travelled in M class (summit) in aqua and were very pleased with the shower size. Can someone tell me how the size of the shower in an A1 on reflection compares to the one on summit as we are travelling with others who may need a larger shower.

thanks,

Steve

They're corner showers on s-class and the door doesn't leak all over the floor like in m-class aqua. You'll like the s-class bath a whole lot more. Floor volume is probably the same but you can spread out your elbows better in s-class.

Edited by goofysmom99

The S class may be a little larger and is like a 1/4 circle. If it is too small they can always use those in the Spa, gym or possibly in the Persain Gardens, although I have never seen anyone really using those in the Persian Gardens for anything other than rinsing off.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I've been in Aqua on "M" class three times - twice on the Summit and once on the Connie. Always in the "new" deck 11 cabins. Never had a leaky shower once.

That is good to know as I have an Aqua booked on Deck 11 for an upcoming cruise on an M-Class Ship

I'm really trying to find out the physical size of the shower on S class ships as opposed to those in the Aqua class staterooms on M class ships...

Steve

I am now curious about this too.

Funny I just assumed that they would be the same on both Ship Classes post Solsticization... Especially on Deck 11 on M-Class as the cabins would have no doubt been installed as modules vs just retrofits elsewhere when they converted them to Aqua Class, and the Solsticization fittings similar (same suppliers ?) to those found on S-Class Ships

Cheers!

Ps... I should add I don't have measurements of the enclosed showers on the S-Class Ships (lol I did seem to measure everything else in our Solstice Cabin to share here on CC). But we did find the shower very nice and quite roomy (looking forward to something similar on the M-Class in Aqua cause have to admit we missed the enclosed showers when we cruised Consierge on Summit in 2013)

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I've been in Aqua on "M" class three times - twice on the Summit and once on the Connie. Always in the "new" deck 11 cabins. Never had a leaky shower once.

And neither did I...in fact I loved our AQ room on top deck of the Connie....would book again anytime.....no leaks at all.

That is good to know as I have an Aqua booked on Deck 11 for an upcoming cruise on an M-Class Ship

I am now curious about this too.

Funny I just assumed that they would be the same on both Ship Classes post Solsticization... Especially on Deck 11 on M-Class as the cabins would have no doubt been installed as modules vs just retrofits elsewhere when they converted them to Aqua Class, and the Solsticization fittings similar (same suppliers ?) to those found on S-Class Ships

Cheers!

Ps... I should add I don't have measurements of the enclosed showers on the S-Class Ships (lol I did seem to measure everything else in our Solstice Cabin to share here on CC). But we did find the shower very nice and quite roomy (looking forward to something similar on the M-Class in Aqua cause have to admit we missed the enclosed showers when we cruised Consierge on Summit in 2013)

The M class cabins added on Deck 11 are still the same size as cabins on other floors of the ship, they also ALL have beds next to the bath area, not every other one like the "S" class, so there are differences. The bathrooms are somewhat smaller on "M" class but I don't think the shower itself is smaller in those new rooms, remaining space is and I don't remember having the "heated" mirror on Connie either, but it was still a great room and would love to be on her RIGHT NOW!!!:)

The M class cabins added on Deck 11 are still the same size as cabins on other floors of the ship, they also ALL have beds next to the bath area, not every other one like the "S" class, so there are differences. The bathrooms are somewhat smaller on "M" class but I don't think the shower itself is smaller in those new rooms, remaining space is and I don't remember having the "heated" mirror on Connie either, but it was still a great room and would love to be on her RIGHT NOW!!!:)

Thanks GRACIE115... So looking forward to our upcoming Connie cruise... And Aqua Class (we have always been Concierge in the past on both Solstice & Summit)

Lol, I will once again bring along my trusty measuring tape, camera & notebook so I can share important info with other cruisers (my posts on here from the Solstice in 2012 still are very active / helpful for folks in the planning stages)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Ilgirl, a bit OT, but how do you like the new deck 11 cabins compared to the Aqua cabins on the lower deck? thanks.

Deck 11 might be the difference. I had a retrofit cabin on 9 and the shower doors didn't overlap very much = water all over the floor after every shower, especially when using the body jets (same jets and shower head as on an s-class). We just threw our towels on the floor to sop it up after drying off. Next time I'm on an m-class, I might try Deck 11 if I can get one of the aft cabins that have some cover; can't use the Deck 11 side cabins because I need to have shade (health issue).

Edited by goofysmom99

I wish I could compare the deck 11 Aqua cabins to the deck 9 cabins but I have only been on 3 Celebrity cruises and they were all deck 11 on "M" class. Will be trying the Equinox later this year, also in Aqua, I hope we enjoy it as much. The deck 11 cabins are beautiful.

All of the showers in the cabins on the S class that aren't suites are the same size, as are all balcony cabins. All of the balcony cabins look the same. The only difference is the shower head and amenities. Some balconies are larger.

The new cabins on the M class on deck 11 are made to look the same as those on deck 9. Naturally everything is newer. The balcony door is more like those on the S class. Except for the aft cabins the balconies are very narrow and no larger than those on deck 9.

When we had a cabin on 11 the water always leaked thru the doors flooding the floor. We solved that problem by grabbing towels from the pool on our way back to the cabin and make a towel dam at the base of the shower.

Happy cruising 🍸🚢🇺🇸🌅

All of the showers in the cabins on the S class that aren't suites are the same size, as are all balcony cabins. All of the balcony cabins look the same. The only difference is the shower head and amenities. Some balconies are larger.

The new cabins on the M class on deck 11 are made to look the same as those on deck 9. Naturally everything is newer. The balcony door is more like those on the S class. Except for the aft cabins the balconies are very narrow and no larger than those on deck 9.

When we had a cabin on 11 the water always leaked thru the doors flooding the floor. We solved that problem by grabbing towels from the pool on our way back to the cabin and make a towel dam at the base of the shower.

Happy cruising

Our balcony, 1116 on Connie was most definitely deeper than the Deck 9 balcony we had had 6 months previous, by about a foot. Deck 9 had two small chairs and that was it. 1116 had two chairs, a foot stool and a table. This was on Connie, which had the Deck 11 staterooms added last so maybe that's the difference, I don't know. And our shower never leaked either, so maybe X corrected that problem.