Has Creme Brulee really gone from the PG Menu?

richardukcruise

Was the menu changed late last year, or has it changed again?

The reason I ask is that I found the article below. It appears to tie in with the already discussed amended menu on this forum, but I noticed that they said the dessert menu stayed the same.

Does this mean Crème Brulee IS still on?

http://www.travelingwiththejones.com/2014/01/27/a-peek-at-holland-americas-new-pinnacle-grill-menu/

Edited by richardukcruise

We are currently on the Westerdam and I am happy to report that we had creme brulee last night in Le Cirque and the three-flavor HAL version Sunday with a regular Pinnacle dinner. Maybe the issue is on certain sailings or vessels?

I had creme brulee almost every night on our Panama Canal cruise. Yes there are a few other gluten free items but I also can't have most fruits and chocolate. I didn't like their vanilla ice cream. One night I did have cheese cake and they removed the crust.

I had creme brulee almost every night on our Panama Canal cruise. Yes there are a few other gluten free items but I also can't have most fruits and chocolate. I didn't like their vanilla ice cream. One night I did have cheese cake and they removed the crust.[/

Those with severe sensitivity or celiac should not eat cheesecake with the crust removed. Most cheesecake recipes call for 1-3 Tablespoons of flour although it can be made without. It is a shame that cruiselines do not venture into more diverse gluten free desserts.

Someone reported here a while ago that crème brulee was on the "always available" menu for the main dining room.

But some of us mentioned that on cruises we were on that it was not always available every night in the main dining room.

We were on the Eurodam in March and Creme Brulee was on the always available menu. Had it about every night!

Those with severe sensitivity or celiac should not eat cheesecake with the crust removed. Most cheesecake recipes call for 1-3 Tablespoons of flour although it can be made without. It is a shame that cruiselines do not venture into more diverse gluten free desserts.

True, I can eat the cheesecake as I am sensitive to gluten but not severely. Those who are severely affected by gluten know to be very careful. It is a matter of finding your point of sensitivity.

My understanding is that it will be replaced by Baked Apple Crème Brulee.

no gluten issues at all:p

It's in line with the new apple pie policy of HAL and the Apple 4 Explore programme http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43681672&posted=1#post43681672 :p:D:p (kidding):p

Edited by kazu

My understanding is that it will be replaced by Baked Apple Crème Brulee.

no gluten issues at all:p

It's in line with the new apple pie policy of HAL and the Apple 4 Explore programme http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43681672&posted=1#post43681672 :p:D:p (kidding):p

LOL, it's going "cruise critic" viral!

Carol

Edited by CJcruzer

We concur. It was not on the PG menu when we ate last week on the Amsterdam. Others said they thought it was there on other nights. Would they actually switched things up on various nights?

I was also disappointed that Steak Diane wasn't offered anymore, but that may be old news. ...