Favorite Dessert or Main entree

gigi65

While reviewing the sample menus that were posted for the MDR, Just curious, what others "seasoned" cruisers would suggest. I love Creme Brulee and I see that is a regular item. Is it any good? I have seen many reviews of the speciality restaurants but wondering what recommendations you have for the MDR entrees and desserts.

Okay, not to be Debbie Downer, but I reallllly didn't like the BBB creme brulee on the every night dessert menu. I am a big fan normally but the sugared top wasn't hard at all, and the custard was liquid-y and didn't seem to be fully set. It was almost like a flan. Not my favorite :( Maybe just a bad night/batch?

BUT I absolutely loved the filet of beef on formal night #1 and the braised beef duo later in the week! (Can you tell I love beef?) The lamb was also really good and came out nice and medium rare (as I ordered) :) I also love the souffles and the bread and butter pudding!

I loved the bread & butter sticky pudding (I think that's the name of it) on our last cruise. I didn't try it until the 2nd to last night and I could have eaten it every night of our cruise if I'd have known how good it was!

I always look forward to the roast duck. Cruising is the only time I really order/eat duck, but it's my favorite!

I second the scallop risotto, and have successfully ordered it as an entree rather than an appetizer.

We always used to order a duck entrée to split, but the last two times have found that it was dry and stringy. We still like the potato croquettes and red cabbage that accompany it, though.

Wasabi encrusted fish fillet, scallops risotto, turkey dinner, also I thought that the fisherman's platter was very good! I love the fruit flavored cold soups! For desserts, BBB creme brulee, sticky bread pudding, and anything fruity!