OASIS vs ALLURE ?

I just want opionions on which ship is better & what are the free restaurants on each one. Also, what do crown & anchor members receive, i think i am gold or soon will be. Thanks !

The ships are virtually identical, I couldn't pick which was better. However Oasis sails on Saturday and Allure sails on Sunday if that makes a difference to you.

Here is a restaurant guide:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/10020614_Allure_Specialty_Restaurant_Flyer.pdf

Edited by clarea

The real important difference is that Oasis sails on Saturday and Allure sails on Sunday. That may be significant considerations for vacation time off from work or flight availability/cost.

Also, they sail opposite itineraries on any given week, so if you have a preference of eastern verses western, then pick the ship that is doing the itinerary you prefer on the week you can cruise.

The big musical on Oasis is now Cats, and on Allure it is Chicago.

The Allure has a pseudo mexican restaurant and the Oasis (at the moment) has the fish restaurant. If I am wrong, please correct me. Allure has Chicago and Oasis has Hairspray.

This is accurate right now. Things may change in Oasis (such as Hairspray changing to Cats) after the drydock in October.

Edited by clarea

On the Boardwalk, Allure has The Dog House and Oasis has a donut shop. These are both complimentary.

Other than the different sail days and musicals which have been mentioned, these ships are very much alike.

I've been on both and I actually enjoyed the Oasis better, only b/c the staff seemed to really care about the passengers and really interacted w/ us. Not saying the Allure isn't nice, and the staff was nice, But I will say we went not too long after it sailed for the first and I think the crew was learning the new ship, etc.

Just sailed the Allure last week and enjoyed it.

We booked it because we wanted the Sunday to Sunday cruise.

Next year things have changed with work schedules.

So we are sailing the Oasis................Saturday to Saturday.

We love the western route and looked for the weeks available.

Cannot wait.

Sea Ya

I just want opionions on which ship is better & what are the free restaurants on each one. Also, what do crown & anchor members receive, i think i am gold or soon will be. Thanks !

You become Gold after your 1st cruise with Royal Caribbean...which based on your signature you have already taken...so yes...you are at least gold depending on if any of your cruises were in suites you may be Platinum....you can expect to have the Crown & Anchor coupons loaded onto your seapass card..there will be a list in your cabin as to what your discounts are...they no longer give the gift's in the cabin to C&A member's like they used to.. once you reach Emerald & higher you will get a snack basket in your cabin 1 per cabin...with a beverage(soft drink, juice or water) 1 per person..Platinum & higher get's balcony discounts...I think that's about it for onboard C&A benefits...

Edited by kc320

I was on the Allure last year and there was a host in the comedy club. He wasn't memorable or anything but he was there.

One "plus" of the Oasis is the Comedy Club host, Simeon. Allure has nothing like him. The comedians just come out and perform.

:)

Also, the rumor is that the Oasis is going to get the Boardwalk Dog House during the October dry dock. Nobody knows for sure though.

Edited by jalpert

One "plus" of the Oasis is the Comedy Club host, Simeon. Allure has nothing like him. The comedians just come out and perform.

:)

Boy, seeing Simeon perform on our cruise a few weeks in the Comedy Club as well as in the Improv Shows would tip the scales way forward towards the Oasis. Hard to believe a guy with his talent has never broken through commerically.

On the Boardwalk, Allure has The Dog House and Oasis has a donut shop. These are both complimentary.

There is a donut case where you serve yourself across from the Allure Boardwalk Dog House. I give the nod to Allure as I like it slightly better.

A lot will depend on when you plan to cruise. We will be on Oasis after the drydock. We are hoping the Dog House will be added as we have heard. The show is changing from Hairspray to Cats at that time. We liked Allure and I am sure we will not be disappointed in the Oasis.