El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Now if anyone spots a good bargain between 3 and 19 April make sure to give us a heads up, but as it's school hols I think that might be wishful thinking.

Ship Name: Carnival Legend

Cruise Code: CG511

Departure Date: Sunday, 5 April 2015

Cruise Name: South Pacific

Nights: 11

Departing: Sydney

from $1266.53

with $500 obc

Cruise Code: CG511

Departure Date: Sunday, 5 April 2015

Nights: 11

from $1266.53

with $500 obc

Thanks I'd seen the cruise but not the OBC, also watching a couple with RCL for 6th and 12th.

Ship Name: ms Oosterdam

Cruise Code: HO511

Departure Date: Friday, 16 January 2015

Cruise Name: South Pacific and Fiji

Nights: 14

Inside from $998 pp

Cruise Code: CG504

Departure Date: Friday, 23 January 2015

Cruise Name: South Pacific / Fiji

Nights: 12

Inside from $849, Oceanview $899 pp

Ship Name: Pacific Jewel

Cruise Code: J505

Departure Date: Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Cruise Name: South Pacific/Fiji

Nights: 14

Inside from $999, Oceanview $1099, Balcony $1299 pp, Mini Suite $1999 pp

Ship Name: Radiance Of The Seas

Cruise Code: RD31JAN15

Departure Date: Saturday, 31 January 2015

Nights: 12

Departing: Sydney - Australia

Inside from $952, Oceanview $1152 pp

11 Night Australia Cruise departing from Sydney, Australia

Royal Caribbean International - Radiance Of The Seas

Ports of Call: Sydney, Australia | Isle Of Pines, New Caledonia | Lifou, Loyalty Island, French Polynesia | Luganville, Vanuatu | Champagne Bay, Vanuatu | Port Vila, Vanuatu

Sailing Date - 20 January 2015

Inside - $1,073 AUD

Oceanview - $1,073 AUD

Balcony - $1,173 AUD

:D

Ship Name - Diamond Princess

Cruise Code M506

Departure Date:Friday, 27 February 2015

Cruise Name:Around Australia

Nights 28

Departing:Sydney

From $2715 pp inside. Less than $100 per day for 28 days per person. Not too shabby

Edited by icat2000

Ship Name:Carnival LegendCruise Code:CG506NDeparture Date:Friday, 13 February 2015Cruise Name:Tasmania and MelbourneNights:7Departing:Sydney

From $599 pp inside, $649 oceanview pp.

Ship Name:Carnival LegendCruise Code:CG505Departure Date:Wednesday, 4 February 2015Cruise Name:South PacificNights:9Departing:Sydney

From $649 pp inside, $699 oceanview pp, balcony (obstructed) $799 pp

South Pacific/Fiji

28 January 2015

14 Nights

Pacific Jewel

Twin From $549 pp (inside)

Quad From $1669 pp

We got that email too. Interesting that the email sender now has a slightly higher price on their page, and the cruiseline website higher again. I didn't go right through the booking to the end though, where often, for example, on RCI the price is very different to what it looked like at the start of the booking process! Not sure if that happens on other cruise lines? That is why I like to compare with the online TA, they have a pretty good price model on their page and only the prepaid grats need to be added at the booking stage, if that applies. Is there gratuities required on P&O?

You have to have a good look around. We thought the mini suite price looked pretty good too at about 2G each for 14 nights. We can't go on any of these ones though, we are already going in Feb. Just looking at all these cruises for the purposes of research so that when we see a bargain we know what things have been going for.

Would be interested in doing a last minute special one day, but we have too many others booked for the next year or so. :eek:

I'm going to do last minute for my cruise in April 2016. I tossing up with a few options so I going to wait and wait and see if I can snag a bargain:D.

Don't know if you have been checking, but Easter is 27 Mar 2016, and NSW school holidays are 9 Apr to 25 Apr 2016. Not sure about Vic holidays. We have been checking out April a bit also, and during school holidays the price gets steep even in April.

We have found the end of January cruises have been bargains for a few years now, but we have already booked next January so we can go on a trip with relatives in the cabin we want to choose.

Don't know if you have been checking, but Easter is 27 Mar 2016, and NSW school holidays are 9 Apr to 25 Apr 2016. Not sure about Vic holidays. We have been checking out April a bit also, and during school holidays the price gets steep even in April.

We have found the end of January cruises have been bargains for a few years now, but we have already booked next January so we can go on a trip with relatives in the cabin we want to choose.

Yeah I know. Its the best way to maximise my leave options. I just wait and watch.

If you want to try a longer segment of a World Cruise , Holland America have last minute specials on Amsterdams Grand World Voyage in todays travel section of NZ Herald. Leave from either Auckland ,5 Feb ,or Sydney, 10 Feb and cruise to Singapore or Dubai.

Excellent value for what you get.:):)

Is there gratuities required on P&O?

no gratuities required on any aussie ships, wonder how long before the US ships follow and include it in the price of the fare

Not too far away, perhaps for the next aussie season but only for the ships that come here. Some agencies have already started doing it on some cruises.:D

My First contribution to this thread.

RCL – 7 Night Thailand & Vietnam Cruise – 11th Feb 2015 to 18th Feb 2015 Singapore to Singapore – Mariner Of the Seas

I’m a gold member Crown and Anchor member (1 previous RCL crusie)

Cost booking direct through RCL for me with C&A membership logged in is

$873.64AUD for ocean view guarantee with $100 obc(USD?) including pre-paid tips for 2 people. Or 62$ a day per person.

Hope someone can take advantage!

$806 for internal guarantee but no obc included (last night It was included.)

$1332 for balcony guarantee with $200 obc (95$ a night for balcony per person per day)

OV is the sweet spot imo.