Diamond + 1st night of cruise in Portofinos

I pre-booked dinner in Portofinos for the first night of our upcoming cruise for DW and I. We will be Diamond + and I understand there is a BOGO Free coupon (loaded on account). I am assuming that since we paid full price with the pre-booking that $25.00 would be credited to our onboard account when we use the coupon. Sounds easy but I don't want to run into problems with this on the ship. Did call C&A but they could not give me a definitive answer.

Does anyone have an answer.

Thanks

I pre-booked dinner in Portofinos for the first night of our upcoming cruise for DW and I. We will be Diamond + and I understand there is a BOGO Free coupon (loaded on account). I am assuming that since we paid full price with the pre-booking that $25.00 would be credited to our onboard account when we use the coupon. Sounds easy but I don't want to run into problems with this on the ship. Did call C&A but they could not give me a definitive answer.

Thanks

Just mention your coupon to the person at the reception desk in Portofino. They will arrange a credit to your onboard account.

C&A did suggest doing that. Hopefully I can cancel my second reservation.

Since DW and I are D+ we usually do the BOGO in Chops on night 1 and then see if we can get a second on another night (In any specialty restaurant). 90% of the time they allow that. If you wanted to try that then you can use the second person charge towards your second night BOGO. Food for thought.

When it's only the two of us, I'll pre book the specialty restaurant for the first night and pay in advance for only 1 person.

We used to do that until once on Adventure when they told us it was more difficult to account for it that way, and they would appreciate if we would book two and get the credit. Don't know if it was just that ship that had the problem.

Edited by clarea

Thanks

We pre-booked our reservations for Portofinos on our Freedom cruise earlier this summer. We went to Portofinos on embarkation day and talked to the hostess about using our BOGO coupons. She arranged the credits and we had no issues at all. Also, the Mystery dinner was being held the first night so we rescheduled for the following night.

We pre-booked our reservations for Portofinos on our Freedom cruise earlier this summer. We went to Portofinos on embarkation day and talked to the hostess about using our BOGO coupons. She arranged the credits and we had no issues at all. Also, the Mystery dinner was being held the first night so we rescheduled for the following night.

That is exactly what we do. And had the same experience at Portofinos booking with

the mystery dinner schedule too, which was nice as we used it during the formal night.

Much less hassle to just go straight to your specialty restaurant of choice on embarkation day to book. Many of them now will allow you to choose a different day, but may have you prepay while you are booking. Works for us. On Enchantment, during the last day, one of the crew members from Chops stopped us on the stairs and tried to get us to book that night using the BOGO.