"Dynamic dining is going fleetwide"

ryano

[quote name='OfTheSeasCruiser']On our recent cruise on the Radiance, the early seating was completely full. When we were going in the MDR to check our table, we heard a man talking to the Maitre'D about how his family had been split up to two different tables far away from each other. The Maitre'D said he was very sorry, but there were simply no other tables to put the group.[/QUOTE]As my anecdotal observances suggest, early seating is "hot." When did you sail?

We like early seating being "hot" as it means we have no trouble getting late seating. Edited by SherriZ366

[quote name='SherriZ366']As my anecdotal observances suggest, early seating is "hot." When did you sail?

We like early seating being "hot" as it means we have no trouble getting late seating.[/QUOTE]

Yes, as you said, early seating seemed to be very popular. We sailed the end of May into the beginning of June to Alaska. We also prefer late seating. :)

[quote name='poncho1973']
The proof is in the pudding. MTD used to be a small corner of one floor of the MDR. Then it was 1/4 of the floor, then half, then an entire floor.

I do not agree that the cruiser chooses MTD for themselves all the time. When requesting 1st seating in the past, RCCL informed us that it was full and we had to take MTD. We still went and enjoyed the cruise, but definitely would prefer MDR. RCCL has deemed that this is how they would rather serve guests, and therefore expanding this concept. We are not going to stop going on RCCL because of it, but definitely a small disappointment at this time. Edited by KKMurphy2

[quote name='KKMurphy2'][quote name='poncho1973']
I do not agree that the cruiser chooses MTD for themselves all the time. When requesting 1st seating in the past, RCCL informed us that it was full and we had to take MTD. We still went and enjoyed the cruise, but definitely would prefer MDR. RCCL has deemed that this is how they would rather serve guests, and therefore expanding this concept. We are not going to stop going on RCCL because of it, but definitely a small disappointment at this time.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way, we will still always sail Royal because we cruise for more than just the dining experience.

BTW - the more I hear and read about Dynamic Dining, the less I am opposed to it. Dynamic Dining on Quantum was not what I was opposed to, but I was just kind of upset at it being rolled out onto the older ships. I actually want to try Dynamic Dining [B]on the Quantum[/B], but I just don't want the option of traditional dining on other ships to completely go away. Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

[quote name='OfTheSeasCruiser'][quote name='KKMurphy2']

I feel the same way, we will still always sail Royal because we cruise for more than just the dining experience.

BTW - the more I hear and read about Dynamic Dining, the less I am opposed to it. Dynamic Dining on Quantum was not what I was opposed to, but I was just kind of upset at it being rolled out onto the older ships. I actually want to try Dynamic Dining [B]on the Quantum[/B], but I just don't want the option of traditional dining on other ships to completely go away.[/QUOTE]Also if it is being imposed on ships like FR, they are doing an adaptation. The scuttlebutt from what folks heard at top tier events is that there will be 3 separate dining rooms -- Silk, The Grande and another one that the officer could not remember. So it is less options on a ship that is not purpose built for it. I remember when NCL instituted Freestyle, they had more trouble on ships that were adapted for it than for new builds that were built to accommodate the many dining rooms.

[quote name='SherriZ366'][quote name='OfTheSeasCruiser']Also if it is being imposed on ships like FR, they are doing an adaptation. The scuttlebutt from what folks heard at top tier events is that there will be 3 separate dining rooms -- Silk, The Grande and another one that the officer could not remember. So it is less options on a ship that is not purpose built for it. I remember when NCL instituted Freestyle, they had more trouble on ships that were adapted for it than for new builds that were built to accommodate the many dining rooms.[/QUOTE]

I agree. For some reason, I see it being problematic on the other classes of ships..

[quote name='SherriZ366']As my anecdotal observances suggest, early seating is "hot." When did you sail?

We like early seating being "hot" as it means we have no trouble getting late seating.[/QUOTE]

You think so! I couldnt get late seating a year out:mad:

[quote name='KKMurphy2'][quote name='poncho1973']
The proof is in the pudding. MTD used to be a small corner of one floor of the MDR. Then it was 1/4 of the floor, then half, then an entire floor.

I do not agree that the cruiser chooses MTD for themselves all the time. When requesting 1st seating in the past, RCCL informed us that it was full and we had to take MTD. We still went and enjoyed the cruise, but definitely would prefer MDR. RCCL has deemed that this is how they would rather serve guests, and therefore expanding this concept. We are not going to stop going on RCCL because of it, but definitely a small disappointment at this time.[/QUOTE]

They just want pre paid gratuities from trad dinning guests!

The cruiseline chooses for you on previous preference and in "Their" favour.

Late dinning is also getting waitlisted for early bookers and they are allocated MTD.

Wait until we have the "Band" they will know how many sheets of toilet paper we use in the public rest rooms. lol Edited by fishtaco

[quote name='fishtaco']You think so! I couldnt get late seating a year out:mad:[/QUOTE]

I have had no problems getting late seating on the cruises that I booked this year. I had originally booked Allure for Christmas 2015 and Oasis for March 2016 and had late seating for both.

The March cruise was changed to Allure and received late seating on that with no problems.

It all depends on ship and sail date but late seating is definitely available.

First, someone in this thread goofed up the quotes and somehow I'm being quoted and the quote is what someone said in reply to me.

So some of the things between this post and my last post ARE NOT things that I said, but my name is attached to them somehow.

[quote name='SherriZ366']As my anecdotal observances suggest, early seating is "hot." [/quote]

Let me try and explain this a little bit better.

You had 100 empty glasses at one point in time that you filled up.
You gave away 10 of them and now filled up 90.
You gave away 15 more and now filled up 75.
You gave away 25 more and now fill up 50 of them.

Filling up 50 glasses doesn't mean you are increasing your output, it means your demand is shrinking and you are simply keeping up with it.

Traditional dining is still filling up AND the pool is shrinking. These are not mutually-exclusive. If you told me that [I]Freedom[/I] was decreasing their MTD tables while the rest of the fleet was increasing, this would be more relevant.

HOWEVER, the point still remains that the MTD area will take more of your traditional table next time they make an adjustment. You will still fill up the traditional dining then, as well and it won't be magic, it will be good anticipation on their part.

A little glance into the future that RCI doesn't want you to see!
DD will be brought online fleet wide ASAP!
Then shortly thereafter the number of complementary options will slowly be decreased until about 24 months after full implementation there will be no complementary dining of any type on any of the ships!
All dining will be pay as you go!
And yes this includes the windjammer!!!
And yes it will be far more expensive than the same type food establishment on shore after all they have a captive customer base!!!!

[quote name='Peterbilt Driver']A little glance into the future that RCI doesn't want you to see!
Then shortly thereafter the number of complementary options will slowly be decreased until about 24 months after full implementation there will be no complementary dining of any type on any of the ships!
And yes it will be far more expensive than the same type food establishment on shore after all they have a captive customer base!!!![/QUOTE]

The sky is falling, the sky is falling, the sky is falling!

[quote name='fishtaco']You think so! I couldnt get late seating a year out:mad:[/QUOTE]They often hold capacity on a seating and release it later. I don't know how it works in Australia but being persistent to the CVA or via your TA often gets you the seating you want. What ship?

[quote name='Peterbilt Driver']A little glance into the future that RCI doesn't want you to see!
And yes it will be far more expensive than the same type food establishment on shore after all they have a captive customer base!!!![/QUOTE]

Sorry, I don't buy that - and neither will many, many, many cruisers. I like to know up front how much the cruise will cost me. I like having the gratuities prepaid, and I budget some cash for extra tips to those who deserve them. (I don't drink alcohol or sodas, so I don't purchase a drink package.)

I cruised on Oasis in Nov. 2012, and discovered these boards. I was quite surprised by the number of people who posted that they ate more than one or two meals in the specialty restaurants, when they could have dined "for free" in the MDR. Even considering those folks, I don't see a future for cruising on a ship where every bite of food is pay-as-you-go. That isn't what budget-conscious people will accept.

Is this just speculation on your part or do you have a reliable source? If so I would love to know where you heard this!

And yes it will be far more expensive than the same type food establishment on shore after all they have a captive customer base!!!![/QUOTE]If and when they the do this they loose me as a customer. However I don't think it will ever happen.

[quote name='floridaglen']Is this just speculation on your part or do you have a reliable source? If so I would love to know where you heard this![/quote]

Don't get pulled in. This is a known pot-stirrer under a different, new name. They make these bizarre statements to get people all panicked and then re-post it in like 10 different threads. It's their MO.

[quote name='OfTheSeasCruiser']Oasis of the Seas is getting Dynamic Dining. Royal Caribbean PR just tweeted that it had been announced by an executive.[/QUOTE]

We will be on the Oasis in May. So, how is that going to affect us? We currently have Early Dining and are linked with three other couples. I am assuming that means that we will now need to plan a time & place for every evening? Interesting.

[quote name='Sunny AZ Girl']We will be on the Oasis in May. So, how is that going to affect us? We currently have Early Dining and are linked with three other couples. I am assuming that means that we will now need to plan a time & place for every evening? Interesting.[/QUOTE]

Yep!

I'm not a fan of the up charge on the up charge. My most recent visit to chops, they took my porterhouse off the menu and instead I could get it for an additional $19,99 on too of the $30 I already payed.

Isn't the point of the specialty restaurant to charge you for the better food upfront? Not to lure you in and then make you pay even more than you already spent to get what you want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk