"Dynamic dining is going fleetwide"

ryano

[quote name='OfTheSeasCruiser']Agreed. They need something to distinguish themselves from that.[/QUOTE]It will be interesting to watch the rollout. When RCI instituted My Time Dining, they allowed cruisers to make reservations before they sailed which helped. Folks who wanted to could re-create traditional in My Time at their preferred times. On Princess, there was a lot of putting cruisers who booked Traditional being put into their Anytime Dining if a large group booked and wanted Traditional. Both NCL and Princess had long waits. Felt that RCI does a better job with My Time than the other lines.

Hope they are not duplicating NCL's Freestyle.

[quote name='chiquita cruiser']We are booked on Quantum's first Carib. cruise out and I can tell you from our experience and those of the folks traveling with us that DD has been a royal pain.... we had to settle and never did get our first choice but one night. If that sounds good to you then go for it.

To be fair, I have read cc posters saying that they got all their requested dinner selections, but I really doubt it judging from our experience.

[/QUOTE]

Hello Chicita! Are you sailing Dec 1? If you haven't done so come join our roll call [url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1851589[/url]

If all 4000 cruise passengers wish to eat at 6pm, it's impossible. Obviously approx 1/2 of the cruisers need to eat at approx "late" seating times. Currently I find that the "early" seating time is extremely hot and desired on most cruises anyways, so I feel it was inevitable that earlier booking times on DD would be booked quickly.... just like on regular traditional cruising where early seating is waitlisted very early on but late seating almost always available... [U]there is no difference whatsoever!!![/U] This is no different at all to your cruise on Vision, Radiance, Voyager or Freedom if early seating is fully booked.

I did not get all of my preferred seating times, however 6 of my 8 bookings are either 6pm or 6:15pm. The other two are The Grande at 7:15 & 7:30, so I feel my dining times have worked out really well. I've left 3 nights to figure out when I'm on board.

By the way I booked my cruise the day after the China deployment was announced... from what I can tell with from the lack of available cabins I'm guessing I was in the last 10% of those who had booked.

[quote name='springaussie']Royal has only said Oasis of the Seas will get Quantum style dining at dry dock next month to start in March 2015.
My guess is Voyager will Quantum style dinning modifications in November dry dock to start at a later date.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

Possibly why I could not secure late dinning on VOS in the MDR when booking over a year out for an April 1015 cruise? Edited by fishtaco

[quote name='fishtaco']Possibly why I could not secure late dinning on VOS in the MDR when booking over a year out for an April 1015 cruise?[/quote]
Not sure, it seems that the inability to get desired dining far in advance of the cruise has been going on for a while now.

[quote name='Life is Good Cruising']DD may not be to everyone's liking, but we are looking forward to these changes.

IMO, DD to me is very similar to MTD. I pre book our dinner time for MTD and did the same thing for Quantum. The only difference for [U]us[/U] would be instead of eating in the same dining room each night, Quantum/Anthem will have many complimentary restaurants and specialty restaurants to eat in, which gives everyone more food choices for their dining pleasure.

It doesn't matter to us if we don't have the same table, or the same waiter, it's no big deal. change is good. And, we prefer a table for two.[/quote]

Disagree change is not always good.Change is only good for the changer.:eek:

[quote name='Hoopster95']Hello Chicita! Are you sailing Dec 1? If you haven't done so come join our roll call [url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1851589[/url]

If all 4000 cruise passengers wish to eat at 6pm, it's impossible. Obviously approx 1/2 of the cruisers need to eat at approx "late" seating times. Currently I find that the "early" seating time is extremely hot and desired on most cruises anyways, so I feel it was inevitable that earlier booking times on DD would be booked quickly.... just like on regular traditional cruising where early seating is waitlisted very early on but late seating almost always available... [U]there is no difference whatsoever!!![/U] This is no different at all to your cruise on Vision, Radiance, Voyager or Freedom if early seating is fully booked.

I did not get all of my preferred seating times, however 6 of my 8 bookings are either 6pm or 6:15pm. The other two are The Grande at 7:15 & 7:30, so I feel my dining times have worked out really well. I've left 3 nights to figure out when I'm on board.

By the way I booked my cruise the day after the China deployment was announced... from what I can tell with from the lack of available cabins I'm guessing I was in the last 10% of those who had booked.[/QUOTE]Glad to hear early seating is "hot." If we are on a ship that has Dynamic Dining, it should be easier for us to book dining as we like to eat at 8 or 8:30 PM. We noticed when we have used My Time (at 7 or 7:30 PM) that the dining room seemed to empty out after 8 PM. Good for us.

[quote name='clarea']Not sure, it seems that the inability to get desired dining far in advance of the cruise has been going on for a while now.[/QUOTE]

Noticed that for my Freedom sailing for October 2015. The only thing available was Open dining and that was also true for the other sailings in October.

[quote name='David1951']We will be among the first passengers on voyager in November after it's refurbishment it will be interesting to see if they included it[/QUOTE]

Did you have a dinning request and was able to secure it or just go MTD?

[quote name='SherriZ366']Glad to hear early seating is "hot." If we are on a ship that has Dynamic Dining, it should be easier for us to book dining as we like to eat at 8 or 8:30 PM. We noticed when we have used My Time (at 7 or 7:30 PM) that the dining room seemed to empty out after 8 PM. Good for us.[/QUOTE]

We are the same and they are usually kicking us out every night:)
But its disappointing when you cannot secure a "Late" option when you book far in advance knowing full well that early is the preferred time as is my problem for my next cruise.

[quote name='fishtaco']Did you have a dinning request and was able to secure it or just go MTD?

I just tried to book chops grill and Dining options isn't available just MDR options on time wait list, my time dining wasn't available either Edited by David1951

[quote name='fishtaco']We are the same and they are usually kicking us out every night:)
But its disappointing when you cannot secure a "Late" option when you book far in advance knowing full well that early is the preferred time as is my problem for my next cruise.[/QUOTE]I was told by a CVP on the D+ desk that they sometimes hold capacity back and then release it closer to sailing. We have always gotten Late Traditional on RCI except once when my TA screwed up but we got it when we got on the ship and had a great table.

I sometimes wonder why people go on cruises. They don't want their routine changed, no noise, hog the chairs and have the exact same service every day on a ship. My only complaint on the cruises I've been on was, the cruise lines changed destinations without telling us a month before we were to leave, putting United Airlines in a tough position of changing, dates and routes at Christmastime. Fortunately we were sent to Bali for 2 days (BOO HOO!) instead of flying home from Bangkok. Like I said, I'll eat when I want and not on an asssigned schedule like school. If I want a cookie at 6 I may not want to eat til after a show. I drink, coffee, milk, water, soda, milkshakes and an occasional beer and no Waiter can read my mind. I eat everything except Baby Food so they can't predict what I will order.

[quote name='UNV-IT!!!']I'm interested to see what physical changed are made in the dry dock. If they are truly making changes for DD how will us TA people bringing her back eat when we are scheduled for normal dinning[/quote]

According to Royal Caribbean's facebook page, they are re-fitting the MDR during drydock, but they are not rolling out Dynamic Dining on Oasis until March 2015.

So, on the TA, you will still have traditional dining, however the dining room will look different.

[quote name='WupperAV']I sometimes wonder why people go on cruises. They don't want their routine changed, no noise, hog the chairs and have the exact same service every day on a ship. My only complaint on the cruises I've been on was, the cruise lines changed destinations without telling us a month before we were to leave, putting United Airlines in a tough position of changing, dates and routes at Christmastime. Fortunately we were sent to Bali for 2 days (BOO HOO!) instead of flying home from Bangkok. Like I said, I'll eat when I want and not on an asssigned schedule like school. If I want a cookie at 6 I may not want to eat til after a show. I drink, coffee, milk, water, soda, milkshakes and an occasional beer and no Waiter can read my mind. I eat everything except Baby Food so they can't predict what I will order.[/QUOTE]

Well put and my sentiments also [emoji106]

[quote name='bouhunter']Yeah, just drop "Adam" an email, I'm sure he'll make that change straight away. Anyone else have any ideas send them along, I'm sure RCCL is ready and waiting to implement them :)

I guess that's a bit flippant and sarcastic, but after over 300 posts what is left ? :)

All I know is our next two cruises over the next 18 months will be on ships not affected by DD. But it will be entertaining to watch the threads here as things unfold![/QUOTE]

I'd be inclined to drop Lisa Lutoff-Perlo an email, since she clearly states
(at 1.25 in the video) that passengers will be able to eat when and where they want, depending on their mood at the time.... :rolleyes: I will believe that when I see it. Based on comments that people are making about the difficulty of booking anything on Quantum so far..

[url]http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/restaurants/#prettyPhoto/0/[/url]

[quote name='DonnaK']According to Royal Caribbean's facebook page, they are re-fitting the MDR during drydock, but they are not rolling out Dynamic Dining on Oasis until March 2015.

So, on the TA, you will still have traditional dining, however the dining room will look different.[/QUOTE]

So the MDR will be split into different venues during dry dock but serving the same menus as each other until DD is rolled out? Edited by fishtaco

[quote name='fishtaco']So the MDR will be split into different venues during dry dock but serving the same menus as each other until DD is rolled out?[/quote]
Nobody knows the details for sure, but that's what it sounds like now.

[quote name='clarea']Nobody knows the details for sure, but that's what it sounds like now.[/QUOTE]

Then it looks like DD for a few ships only and MTD only for the rest of the fleet as I predict:) Mainly to gain pre paid grats from all cruisers no matter what their tipping/dinning preference:)

Better to do it the Aussie way and just put the grats in the cruise fare and be done with it lol:D

MTD has been the only evening dinning choice for a few years now on some lines down under:(

[quote name='fishtaco']Then it looks like DD for a few ships only and MTD only for the rest of the fleet as I predict:) Mainly to gain pre paid grats from all cruisers no matter what their tipping/dinning preference:)

Better to do it the Aussie way and just put the grats in the cruise fare and be done with it lol:D

MTD has been the only evening dinning choice for a few years now on some lines down under:([/quote]
Maybe I've missed it, but do we know for sure that Dynamic Dining will require prepaid gratuities?

[quote name='fishtaco'][COLOR="Red"]Then it looks like DD for a few ships only and MTD only for the rest of the fleet as I predict[/COLOR]:) Mainly to gain pre paid grats from all cruisers no matter what their tipping/dinning preference:)

MTD has been the only evening dinning choice for a few years now on some lines down under:([/QUOTE]

I really hope that instead of rolling out DD on all ships, that they will just put MTD on the smaller ships as you said. I would't be opposed to it since I could just reserve a set time each night (probably around 7pm for me) and request the same waitstaff.