Assigned Seating

Ugaaucruisers

We are sailing on the Summit and have late seating. My question is this: how do you let Celebrity know what size table you would like....a table for 2, 4 6 etc? We booked through a TA and our reservation says late seating, but says nothing about table size. Should I contact my TA or Celebrity?

Thanks!!

We are sailing on the Summit and have late seating. My question is this: how do you let Celebrity know what size table you would like....a table for 2, 4 6 etc? We booked through a TA and our reservation says late seating, but says nothing about table size. Should I contact my TA or Celebrity?

Thanks!!

Your TA should be able to mark your reservation as you wish. No guarantees though that it can be honored.

But do contact your TA, and when you board, go direct to the Restaurant and check your status and if necessary that can move you or put you on a list to change, 1st come 1st served type of thing.

Thanks!!

Speak to your TA, who should have included your preference when making the booking.

Thanks!!

Once you're onboard, you can go to the MDR and have the Maitre'd check on your table assignment. If it's not to your liking, you can request a change -- easier to do it then, than later. :cool:

Never once have we been assigned to the size of table we have requested. We now book Select.

We have always had Select and enjoyed it on our first 3 Celebrity cruises, but really didn't enjoy it the last cruise in April, so we decided to try assigned seating. Were you able to sit at the table size that you requested once you got on-board? Did you speak with the dining room staff when you got on the ship? Don't want to jump from the frying pan into the fire!

Thanks

Past cruises we've gone with Traditional Dining... No complaints.

First cruise we found that friends of ours would also be aboard, so the guys saw the Maitre D to arrange for new table arrangements for all of us (table for 4)

On the last cruise, we told our TA anything but a 2 top... We were seated with 2 other couples at a tabe for 8... Made some ne friends. It was great.

Have to admit, a tad worried about our upcoming Aqua Class Cruise and all the 2 tops I hear about... As we much prefer meeting new people

But to answer your Question... Ya we've always found Celebrity accommodating in helping to find a solution that works for us

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

No worries, Sloop-JohnB - the two tops in Aqua Class are so close together you virtually have no choice but to meet your neighbors:). One of my very few complaints about that venue. If you are next to someone friendly and are in a talking mood, it can be great. If you are next to someone who does not speak your language or who clearly does not care to speak to anyone but their table mate it can be a tad awkward.

Past cruises we've gone with Traditional Dining... No complaints.

First cruise we found that friends of ours would also be aboard, so the guys saw the Maitre D to arrange for new table arrangements for all of us (table for 4)

On the last cruise, we told our TA anything but a 2 top... We were seated with 2 other couples at a tabe for 8... Made some ne friends. It was great.

Have to admit, a tad worried about our upcoming Aqua Class Cruise and all the 2 tops I hear about... As we much prefer meeting new people

But to answer your Question... Ya we've always found Celebrity accommodating in helping to find a solution that works for us

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

We thought the same thing before our last cruise on the Summit (out of NJ). My DW was very concerned about the 2 tops as she really enjoys meeting folks onboard.

But... The summit has an embarkation day brunch in Blu for Aqua folks. well, by the end of the meal we had made friends with about 10 others who were eating in Blu. In fact, by the second day, the Maitre'D was setting a dinner table for 9 of us every night !!!

Happy Sailing

Steve

No worries, Sloop-JohnB - the two tops in Aqua Class are so close together you virtually have no choice but to meet your neighbors:). One of my very few complaints about that venue. If you are next to someone friendly and are in a talking mood, it can be great. If you are next to someone who does not speak your language or who clearly does not care to speak to anyone but their table mate it can be a tad awkward.

We met several of our AQ class neighbors the first night and for the rest of the week, we had a table for 6 or 8 in Blu. It was fantastic! The staff had no problem setting us up, as we told them each morning how many and what time.

sloop ...It's different of course that a large table, but you can make lasting friendships in Aqua. The tables are close enough together. Then when you find your dinner tribe you can request tables together or actually have a larger table in aqua.

If someone needs to leave early or make a show it is a tad more graceful.