Freedom: Deck 8 Promenade or Deck 2 oceanview?

ryano

I currently have #8315 accessible Promenade on deck 8 booked for 4-12-15. Ive stayed in this cabin before so I know what to expect. There are accessible deck 2 Oceanview available that are actually a little cheaper. Both of course real close to the elevators.

Given these two choices, what would you choose?

Edited by ryano

I currently have #8315 Promenade on deck 8 booked for 4-12-15. Ive stayed in this cabin before so I know what to expect. There are accessible deck 2 Oceanview available that are actually a little cheaper. Both of course real close to the elevators.

Given these two choices, what would you choose?

Deck 8 unless you need an accessible cabin.

Deck 8 unless you need an accessible cabin.

8315 is an accessible cabin :) An accessible cabin is the only way I can cruise :)

Knowing that, would you pick the Oceanview on deck 2?

Edited by ryano

Well, you have had a PR before, so as you say, you know them well. If you had totally, completely loved looking at the promenade, I doubt you'd ask the question. Therefore, I'd go for the OV for three reasons. First, it is something different. Second, it will also save you a couple dollars. The third reason is weak because upgrades are rare for Ab and more rare for those needing accessible. Still, should lightning strike (figuratively), the one category upgrade guideline means a PR would move you to an OV (maybe that OV), whereas if you start in the OV an upgrade might land you a balcony.

Edited by Starry Eyes

Hi,

I would go with the OV on Deck 2. I would rather look at the ocean or ports than the Royal Promenade. In February 2014, I took a cruise on the Independence of the Seas. My tablemates for dinner had an OV on Deck 2 and repeatedly said how much they liked their stateroom.

Chuck

we have a Family Prom. Stateroom on Freedom and took this for the main reason it is least expensive for a family of 5. Great size, mid ship, but no outside windows is the only drawback as we always love looking out in the water at night..Family Oceanview Staterooms are a couple hundred bucks more, so can't justify that.

Edited by Redsfan

I recently sailed in a deck 8 PR on Freedom on my first cruise and here's my take:

1. I loved being on Deck 8. We basically never took the elevators - it was so conveniently located to both deck 11 for pool/WJ and deck 5 for Promenade/dinner!

2. I really missed the sun. It was hard to know when I was waking up in the morning and we couldn't tell what the weather was like.

Basically, which matters more to you - location or sun/view?

Either way, enjoy :)

Edit: just noticed you travel in an accessible room. Since you'll take the elevators anyway, I think I'd go with the OV!

Edited by kahcarre

...2. I really missed the sun. It was hard to know when I was waking up in the morning and we couldn't tell what the weather was like....

That's our problem with the PR or inside stateroom.

That's our problem with the PR or inside stateroom.

It was my husband and my first cruise, and now he agrees that "We should definitely get a balcony next time" :) so I guess that's a win! Had to learn it for ourselves! On the bright side, we slept like rocks the whole week :p

Our SIL just booked on our cruise sailing on 8/31. There was only one PR room left on Deck 7, a few on Deck 6 and several OV on Deck 2.

We are in a balcony room on Deck 9 so she preferred being closer to us since she is sailing solo and it's her first cruise with Royal. She will be with us except to sleep, so I think this PR room will suit her needs.

We were happy to get her on the ship so close to sailing.....:eek:

Edited by GTO-Girl

We need to keep this next cruise 'cheap' so we're thinking of booking a PR cabin. We usually have balconies but have used inside cabins about 4 times (to get it cheap). Last cruise we had a window (Majesty) which was fine but we really don't have a problem with an inside if it means: cruise cheap or not at all. ;)

So what do you think? Inside or inside Promenade. I see there's several available on deck 8 but mostly deck 6 for PR... which one is better? This is for Liberty which is Freedom class. Thanks

We need to keep this next cruise 'cheap' so we're thinking of booking a PR cabin. We usually have balconies but have used inside cabins about 4 times (to get it cheap). Last cruise we had a window (Majesty) which was fine but we really don't have a problem with an inside if it means: cruise cheap or not at all. ;)

So what do you think? Inside or inside Promenade. I see there's several available on deck 8 but mostly deck 6 for PR... which one is better? This is for Liberty which is Freedom class. Thanks

It's a personal matter, so there's no universal "better". I would take the inside because I don't like the layout of the PR and lack of privacy.

We like the PR over a "normal" inside as the bay window gives slightly more room and lights can be left off and thus lighting is softer in the day. I would go for the highest deck available to minimise the odd creak and groan from the ship flexing, and bring a few clothes pegs to stop the net curtains gaping open. Enjoy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Edited by harz99