MyVegas rewards

HabsFan23

That is not necessarily true. The drink packages are available with resident/military/EMT discounts. I am using the Ultimate Beverage Package on my Indy cruise on 2/28 that was booked with Canadian Resident Rate.

I just wanted to let you know that apparently my statement is no longer true. As of Jan 12, the MyVegas Royal Caribbean beverage packages are no longer able to be used with Resident rates.

I booked the Feb 28 sailing for Independence of the Seas back in November using the Canadian resident rate and had no problem using the Ultimate Beverage Package reward. I called back today to book the cruise immediately after (March 8 sailing) using the same reward and was told it was no longer combinable with any offers.

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum today. After reading all your posts I thought it would be useful to do some math on a specific cruise to see what the savings are.

As I live near Victoria BC Canada I picked the only cruise which sails to and from Vancouver BC, specifically the September 4-11, 2015 Alaska trip on Radiance Of The Seas. Since this is not one of the "select" sailings only the 35% discount for 350,000 lps would apply. I also have compared the Ultimate Beverage Package.

On Royal Caribbean website the cruise would cost $2,116.00 Canadian for 2 people as their current promotion is "second person half off"

I called Royal Caribbean on their myVegas line at 1-855-284-7463 and got lucky with a very helpful representative.

First I confirmed the website price of $2,116.00 Canadian.

Second I asked the price if Ultimate Beverage Package promo code of "myVEGASPREM" is used.

The result is $2,696.00

This is a very bad use of lps since if you bought this for 225,000 lps and used it, you would then be paying $82.16 more than if you just paid cash, and lose 225,000 lps.

Using the price above I then calculated the savings for 35% off.

This is only on the base fare, double the single price, no discount for second person, and not including taxes.

Adding it all back together result in total cost of $1,884.70 Canadian.

A savings of only $231.30 or 10.9% overall.

Meh

I bet the Comp Cruise never comes back :(

FYI, I have used myVegas Rewards in Las Vegas 3 times now with great success. Shows, room nights, and food redemptions all worked well.

I currently am level 544 with 1,039,112 lps in my account and am just waiting for the next big thing to become available for redemption. I'm pretty sure it will not be a cruise, too bad, lol.:cool:

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum today. After reading all your posts I thought it would be useful to do some math on a specific cruise to see what the savings are.

As I live near Victoria BC Canada I picked the only cruise which sails to and from Vancouver BC, specifically the September 4-11, 2015 Alaska trip on Radiance Of The Seas. Since this is not one of the "select" sailings only the 35% discount for 350,000 lps would apply. I also have compared the Ultimate Beverage Package.

On Royal Caribbean website the cruise would cost $2,116.00 Canadian for 2 people as their current promotion is "second person half off"

I called Royal Caribbean on their myVegas line at 1-855-284-7463 and got lucky with a very helpful representative.

First I confirmed the website price of $2,116.00 Canadian.

Second I asked the price if Ultimate Beverage Package promo code of "myVEGASPREM" is used.

The result is $2,696.00

This is a very bad use of lps since if you bought this for 225,000 lps and used it, you would then be paying $82.16 more than if you just paid cash, and lose 225,000 lps.

Using the price above I then calculated the savings for 35% off.

This is only on the base fare, double the single price, no discount for second person, and not including taxes.

Adding it all back together result in total cost of $1,884.70 Canadian.

A savings of only $231.30 or 10.9% overall.

Meh

I bet the Comp Cruise never comes back :(

FYI, I have used myVegas Rewards in Las Vegas 3 times now with great success. Shows, room nights, and food redemptions all worked well.

I currently am level 544 with 1,039,112 lps in my account and am just waiting for the next big thing to become available for redemption. I'm pretty sure it will not be a cruise, too bad, lol.:cool:

Just to clarify, I received 35% off the whole cabin (2 persons) not just the first passenger. As far as the drinks rewards go I really can't see that they would be of any benefit to anyone and why would anyone volunteer to pay full rack rate just to received 15$ Free Play???

I just booked a cruise using another myVegas reward. I booked the Freedom of the Seas for the March 8 2015 sailing using the Canadian resident rate and the $300OBC reward. Total price for all three of us for an interior (K) cabin was $2066 CAD. I could not use the ultimate beverage package as it is no longer combinable with resident rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

Thanks everyone! These rewards remind me of the old days of Crown & Anchor coupons which were not combinable and essentially worthless. After everyone's research, it seems to me the only reward of value would be the free cruise. On the surface it looked like the 50% off last minute would have been a good value... but experience speaks volumes & I thank you all for your time. Saved ME a lot of it!

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm a liitle baffled as to why people are complaining about getting free stuff from playing a free game. I just booked a 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise and saved $840 over the BOGOHO price. In doing so, I did give up the $200 OBC associated with the BOGOHO discount, but that's still a net savings of $640. I realize it can be frustrating to have to work within the parameters of the MyVegas program, but for gosh sake, it's still a good deal! In addition, I've also seen 3 cirque shows in Vegas for free. I'm happy and wish everyone good luck with their future redemptions :)

So, I'm a liitle baffled as to why people are complaining about getting free stuff from playing a free game. I just booked a 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise and saved $840 over the BOGOHO price. In doing so, I did give up the $200 OBC associated with the BOGOHO discount, but that's still a net savings of $640. I realize it can be frustrating to have to work within the parameters of the MyVegas program, but for gosh sake, it's still a good deal! In addition, I've also seen 3 cirque shows in Vegas for free. I'm happy and wish everyone good luck with their future redemptions :)

I agree with you 100%!

Pardon my ignorance on this, I may have missed this somewhere...

What is the difference between the 50% fare for 500,000 LPs and the Complimentary Companion Fare for 750,000 LPs? Isn't this basically the exact same thing?

And for these to work, it's only on the select sailings that show up when I click on the link on MyVegas? Or can these be applied to ANY new sailing in 2015? Ideally, I'd like to go Jan/Feb of 2016, I assume I will just have to wait?

Thanks so much in advance!

Alex

Pardon my ignorance on this, I may have missed this somewhere...

What is the difference between the 50% fare for 500,000 LPs and the Complimentary Companion Fare for 750,000 LPs? Isn't this basically the exact same thing?

And for these to work, it's only on the select sailings that show up when I click on the link on MyVegas? Or can these be applied to ANY new sailing in 2015? Ideally, I'd like to go Jan/Feb of 2016, I assume I will just have to wait?

Thanks so much in advance!

Alex

I wondered about the difference myself! After reading the fine print multiple times, my only guess is that the 50% is off just the fare and the complementary one also deducts the 2nd person's taxes...maybe...not much of a difference any way I looked at it!!

As for sail dates, for the 40% & 50%, it's just off the ones shown when you click (72 of them last time I looked), and they're all in 2015. For the 35%, it's any sailing in 2015. I would assume as the year progresses they'll add some for next year, but who knows? Good luck!

Edited by fluff1214
Forgot something

I wondered about the difference myself! After reading the fine print multiple times, my only guess is that the 50% is off just the fare and the complementary one also deducts the 2nd person's taxes...maybe...not much of a difference any way I looked at it!!

As for sail dates, for the 40% & 50%, it's just off the ones shown when you click (72 of them last time I looked), and they're all in 2015. For the 35%, it's any sailing in 2015. I would assume as the year progresses they'll add some for next year, but who knows? Good luck!

Thanks for the reply! I play this game on both my account and my wife's account when I'm at work and we are both close to 500,000 LP's, so I think I will wait until we both get there and book a back to back for half price :)

Thanks for the reply! I play this game on both my account and my wife's account when I'm at work and we are both close to 500,000 LP's, so I think I will wait until we both get there and book a back to back for half price :)

Don't mention that to them......might get in trouble......I've heard stories......

• 2 weeks later...
I'm almost to 225,000 LP, does anyone know if the Ultimate Beverage Package applies for everyone in the cabin or just the first two passengers?

I was under the impression it was only for one person, the redeemer.

I looked about an hour ago and there were no beverage packages listed, sold out or otherwise. Only free play obc and %off cruise fare

I was under the impression it was only for one person, the redeemer.

I looked about an hour ago and there were no beverage packages listed, sold out or otherwise. Only free play obc and %off cruise fare

Usually are replenished early in the am, I will look then for terms and ask RCI.