MyVegas rewards

HabsFan23

Looks like all the drink packages are no longer on as rewards. only the obc ? Interesting, I think at the 225,000 the drink package was a steal of a deal. Comparped to 300,000 for $300 OBC

Yes, it absolutely was a steal! Glad I was able to earn and use one of each before they went away!

• 2 weeks later...
If you already have the cruise booked, you cannot apply any rewards to it. You have to buy the reward, then call the 1800# on your confirmation to book. Remember that most of the rewards are not combinable with any other offers. Others are combinable with resident/military etc rates. As far as I am aware, none of them are combinable with BOGO or WOW fares.

Just to be clear, after buying the reward you have to book the cruise through the 1-800 number for it to be applied?

There is no way to use a TA for the booking?

What about the balcony C&A credit?

can anyone give me some info on this?? I have 640K LP right now and I called RCCL and the guy on the phone had no clue about anything. He referred me to to rccl.com/myvegas andit directs me to the BOGO page. I'm looking to book a SOLO cruise and want to know if I can use the 50% off or companion comp for a discount. Thanks!

Really frustrating trying to get info on price. Trying to use the 50% off reward and the page for cruises available linked to from the reward shows page 1 only. I try to go to page 2 (or any other pages) to see more available cruises and it takes me to a generic RC offers page. Phoned in and the agent took forever to calculate the price for one cruise around our dates I was able to find. Looked like a saving of about $600 cdn on 7 days Allure so maybe worth it but not easy to navigate.

And just to recap, the obc offer is pretty much worthless because you pay rack rate and it's not combine-able with any other offer? Maybe only good on shorter cruises or am I missing something?

So, I'm a liitle baffled as to why people are complaining about getting free stuff from playing a free game. I just booked a 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise and saved $840 over the BOGOHO price. In doing so, I did give up the $200 OBC associated with the BOGOHO discount, but that's still a net savings of $640. I realize it can be frustrating to have to work within the parameters of the MyVegas program, but for gosh sake, it's still a good deal! In addition, I've also seen 3 cirque shows in Vegas for free. I'm happy and wish everyone good luck with their future redemptions :)

It's not free. That is a common misconception. Your time and attention and vacation choices are all commodities worth a fair bit of money.

And any rewards program suffers if there are too many people who blithely accept any negative changes without complaining.

Am sincerely glad it worked out for you but I can see how others might be disappointed. I would say some of these offers are a bit of a scam. Some of them are clearly aimed at misleading folks who don't do their research into thinking they are getting a deal when they are not.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, it absolutely was a steal! Glad I was able to earn and use one of each before they went away!

The drink package was a bait and switch. In order to use it on the cruise I was interested in, the fare went from 1700 to 3100$; in order to save $600 on the drink package

Hi there

My travel agent isn't having any luck reaching someone who can help us find out if we can utilize the $300 onboard credit MyVegas reward on our cruise booked for Aug 29 (only deposit paid right now).

Does anyone have a contact number to reach someone that can actually speak to this program and if we can even use the reward? I've given her the number to myvegas, but is there any contact numbers for RC?

We are also having her check into buying onboard credit at the low rate! Hopefully it works :)

Thanks!

Yes its gone

No partnership shown and no notification from RC about cancelling the partnership. I have 1.6M loyalty chips and was hoping to book a cruise in the future. Am not a Vegas person, so I don't know what I am going to do with all those chips now. Very disappointed. :-(

I wonder if RC will reinstate the offers.

No partnership shown and no notification from RC about cancelling the partnership. I have 1.6M loyalty chips and was hoping to book a cruise in the future. Am not a Vegas person, so I don't know what I am going to do with all those chips now. Very disappointed. :-(

I wonder if RC will reinstate the offers.

RCCL is still listed here:

http://myvegas.com/partners

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry to disappoint but when we booked the prices bore no resemblance to what we actually paid. The price you pay is rack rate less your MyVegas discount.

Thats kinda what i thought. Is there anyway to know the prices ahead of time so i could calculate whether or not its worth cashing my lp out?

Edited by DeadPhish

Vegas, my favorite city to visit. Now I have to go there again just thinking about it.

I'm on my way to a girls weekend this weekend courtesy of MyVegas rewards. We had enough points for a comped room at The Luxor and a couple of dinners.

I guess I need to start playing again and earn more points.