Boxed wine

jascom

OP's last cruise was in mid-February, after the revised policy implementation date. But enforcement in the first few weeks might have been less rigid than today.

We sailed on the Nieuw Amsterdam just this past March/April.

We had a problem that our concierge could not take care and had to go to the front desk. There is a room right next to the front desk and it was loaded with people and luggage -- the naught room -- the line was backed up out into the atrium. Yes -- quite a few people were caught smuggling alcohol.

We had a problem that our concierge could not take care and had to go to the front desk. There is a room right next to the front desk and it was loaded with people and luggage -- the naught room -- the line was backed up out into the atrium. Yes -- quite a few people were caught smuggling alcohol.

It's a pity that some of their other policies aren't enforced with similar vigour. All the arguments about not enforcing dress codes for fear of insulting passengers go out the window when they have no trouble seizing alcoholic beverages from passengers. Maybe we need a naughty room for those not meeting the dress code! :D

It's a pity that some of their other policies aren't enforced with similar vigour. All the arguments about not enforcing dress codes for fear of insulting passengers go out the window when they have no trouble seizing alcoholic beverages from passengers. Maybe we need a naughty room for those not meeting the dress code! :D

Now there's an idea. :D

July 2014 Westerdam Alaska, carried on boxed wine when boarding in Seattle. No one said a word. Didn't know this was "illegal".

But then, we're the ignoramuses who didn't know you had to notify the Matre D' and all our table companions if we weren't going to attend our assigned seating for dinner.

This was our first time cruising and we can now classify ourselves as "ignorant smugglers":cool:

You mean getting a detention like you did in high school.:o

July 2014 Westerdam Alaska, carried on boxed wine when boarding in Seattle. No one said a word. Didn't know this was "illegal".

But then, we're the ignoramuses who didn't know you had to notify the Matre D' and all our table companions if we weren't going to attend our assigned seating for dinner.

This was our first time cruising and we can now classify ourselves as "ignorant smugglers":cool:

Ignorant no more. ;)

I wonder how many would actually try it if HALs policy was to not return contraband alcohol. Or allow pick up off the ship after collection of luggage after disembarkation. I believe I read somewhere princess destroys contraband alcohol.

I wonder how many would actually try it if HALs policy was to not return contraband alcohol. Or allow pick up off the ship after collection of luggage after disembarkation. I believe I read somewhere princess destroys contraband alcohol.

Either that or the crew could use it for their crew parties:D.

You mean getting a detention like you did in high school.:o

Yes, with a blackboard (do they still have blackboards?) on which they must write "I will faithfully follow the formal dress code for future formal functions" a hundred times. :D

I only asked a question about boxed wine and it became a dress code,wine smuggling etc.

You all have hollier than thou attitude.you all never do anything wrong like speeding ot cheat on taxes or other things.

You all need to get life.

My question was not asking for morality lecture.

Those of you who has not sinned throw the first stone.

Please dont be my cruisemates.I cannot cruise with such high and mighty people.

thank you

Too many perfect people(error in heading)

I will wrote in hell for that

Edited by jascom

Yes, with a blackboard (do they still have blackboards?) on which they must write "I will faithfully follow the formal dress code for future formal functions" a hundred times. :D

I think the politically correct crowd now insist they are called chalkboards!!

I only asked a question about boxed wine and it became a dress code,wine smuggling etc.

You all have hollier than thou attitude.you all never do anything wrong like speeding ot cheat on taxes or other things.

thank you

I expect they were the swots in school, while we were the ones writing lines in detention.

Or perhaps they were the prefects who put me into detention after spotting me without my hat on in the street lol.

The first item (wine) is on HAL's website - not sure if they still call it "Know before your Go", but the policy is there somewhere. And has been discussed at length here. (Perhaps it should be included on the HAL tips at the top of the forum).

The second - no, that is simply opinion of others on here. There is no policy for it. And before someone jumps down my throat and insists it is only good manners to inform etc etc.... no it's not. Your plans can change quickly during the day, and you are not obliged to run to the MDR and tell everyone you won't be there.:D As I always tell my server on the first night - if I'm not here within 5 minutes of the doors opening then I won't be here at all. But I'm not even required to do that.

Edited by Lizzie68

thank you

You asked about boxed wine and how someone got it into their cabin. So.... you were aware that it was an issue having it onboard. ;)

A quick search on the HAL website (first entry when I entered a search on 'wine') would have told you boxed wine is not allowed to be brought on board.

Sounds to me like you were looking for ways to smuggle it onboard - and now you are upset when people respond about the facts. :rolleyes:

BTW, any topic on CC can become a discussion on dress codes or smoking :D

Edited by Boytjie

thank you

There was no need for you to continue reading beyond post # 2. :)

You asked about boxed wine and how someone got it into their cabin. So.... you were aware that it was an issue having it onboard. ;)

A quick search on the HAL website (first entry when I entered a search on 'wine') would have told you boxed wine is not allowed to be brought on board.

Sounds to me like you were looking for ways to smuggle it onboard - and now you are upset when people respond about the facts. :rolleyes:

BTW, any topic on CC can become a discussion on dress codes or smoking :D

Thank you for letting me know the rules.

I am upset now since you found out i am trying to smuggle wine.

Man old age cant get any better.

Some of us here take the rules quite seriously. I mean the nerve of someone try smuggle a box of wine onboard. Good lord man! Have you no respect for your fellow passengers? You could be putting hundreds of innocent lives at risk? And where does it end? Before you know it someone will be smuggling an extension cord onboard. Its a dangerous, slippery slope. The rules must be vigorously enforced! :rolleyes: