Awarding/Receiving of C&A levels & eligible gifts/perks ?

seems many C&A members have never received all pins & gifts that they are entitled.....so after having read many CC threads i will ask these questions....

does RCL or C&A automatically award and send/present the gifts and other perks that C&A members are entitled to after achieving various levels/tiers....(examples of gifts would be C&A pins and crystal blocks etc....) ?

or....

does one have to send a friendly reminder (call or email) to RCL or C&A notifying them that a level/tier has been achieved and earned awards or gifts are expected ?

anxious to hear fellow C&A members experiences (both good & bad)

thanks

The only level that I can recall getting something in the mail was Diamond Plus. At Diamond, we got pins on board. No idea what happens at Pinnacle, but if Patti is still around, she can enlighten us.

The only level that I can recall getting something in the mail was Diamond Plus. At Diamond, we got pins on board. No idea what happens at Pinnacle, but if Patti is still around, she can enlighten us.

thanks Bob i knew i could count on you and other CC'ers for answers.....:)

on our last cruise several fellow cruisers (from Gold to Diamond Plus members) brought this subject up in the CL one morning over coffee...having felt they never received all they were entitled....:(

We received the pins and the luggage tags in the mail for D+. All crystal blocks were given on board with the exception of one which was mailed to us.

Because we had repeats of crystal blocks, I always try to find someone on their Honeymoon or someone who is on their first cruise and give them our crystal block.

We received the pins and the luggage tags in the mail for D+. All crystal blocks were given on board with the exception of one which was mailed to us.

Because we had repeats of crystal blocks, I always try to find someone on their Honeymoon or someone who is on their first cruise and give them our crystal block.

sharing with others...very thoughtful ~ nice touch !!!

We've never received Platinum or Emerald pins and haven't bothered to ask, doubt we'd ever actually do anything with them. We turned Diamond on the last cruise, haven't received any pins for that either but did receive the larger balcony discounts for the next two reservations:D

We have always received the crystal blocks onboard, but have never received any pins for D or D+, even after repeated phone calls to C&A with promises they would mail them to us. We finally gave up!:D

Sherri:)

Edited by sjb317

We have always received the crystal blocks onboard, but have never received any pins for D or D+, even after repeated phone calls to C&A with promises they would mail them to us. We finally gave up!:D

Sherri:)

Same here. Made several calls for our D+ pins, no luck:rolleyes:

I've been lucky and received each of my Crown & Anchor levels' pins (Platinum through Diamond) on the first cruise I sailed with that status.

I did ask for a Diamond pin from the loyalty ambassador because there was some confusion about which cabin we were in and we were already on day 6 of the cruise and I hadn't yet received one in the cabin. After getting the pin from the loyalty ambassador, I went back to our cabin and there was a pin, just delivered that afternoon. I went back to return the extra one.

I had to ask repeatedly for all crystal blocks. I asked repeatedly for our Diamond Plus pins on the cruise after earning the level and the LA finally shoved them at me while screaming "you are not on the list." :mad:

We've never received Platinum or Emerald pins and haven't bothered to ask, doubt we'd ever actually do anything with them. We turned Diamond on the last cruise, haven't received any pins for that either but did receive the larger balcony discounts for the next two reservations:D

on our last cruise....an experienced cruising couple nearing Pinnacle status said that they would have been guarenteed the gifts/awards they were entitled to by buying them on Ebay and in doing so would have saved them at least $250,000.....:eek:......:D

on our last cruise....an experienced cruising couple nearing pinnacle status said that they would have been guarenteed the gifts/awards they were entitled to by buying them on ebay and in doing so would have saved them at least $250,000.....:eek:......:d

Love.......:)

Have never received pins at any level.

On April 20, 2014 cruise reached 150 points on Indy.

At end of May 2014 Freedom cruise reached 206 points.

Went to the C&A onboard to inquire about crystal bocks, pins and luggage tags.

Said they would mail them to me.

In July I received a crystal block from RCL with an invoice stating Independence of the Seas. The actual block said Serenade.

I have never been on the Serenade.

In August I receive plastic luggage bag holders saying Diamond+.

Still have not received any pins.

My partner received pin for d+ in the mail together with baggage tags, me nothing!

As for D+ amenity on board as specified in my C&A profile (bottle of wine in the DR) and confirmed by the D Concierge, I was told by head waiter in MDR, not 'on the list' of benefits & not applicable to D+. Also advised of the same by guest services. Will call C&A to ensure it's applicable for next sailing on Liberty. I know it's only 1 per household so I'm not expecting a bottle each at dinner, but I understood from the wealth of knowledge on CC that I should have got it at dinner.

thanks for all those who have posted....and others feel free to share your experiences

regardless...whether it be for status/self accomplishment/money spent to cruise/a momento......all should receive what they have earned and are entitled to....:(

hopefully this thread gets read by those at RCL who can fulfill what C&A promises to each members....:)

My partner received pin for d+ in the mail together with baggage tags, me nothing!

As for D+ amenity on board as specified in my C&A profile (bottle of wine in the DR) and confirmed by the D Concierge, I was told by head waiter in MDR, not 'on the list' of benefits & not applicable to D+. Also advised of the same by guest services. Will call C&A to ensure it's applicable for next sailing on Liberty. I know it's only 1 per household so I'm not expecting a bottle each at dinner, but I understood from the wealth of knowledge on CC that I should have got it at dinner.

That's ridiculous. Unfortunately, the Loyalty Ambassador is the one to help on with those kinds of things on board, and when can one talk to them without having to make a cruise booking appointment?

I had to ask for the pins on the second cruise after we made Diamond. Happened to be on the Monarch with Danny as the LA and he was more than gracious about it.

We hit the 140 mark on the Brilliance and when I asked the LA about the crystal block you would have thought I was asking for her personal one!!!

The only thing we found strange was when we reached emerald our daughter who had always got a pin when she reached each level before didn't get one this time. When we asked we were told children don't get them. It will be interesting to see if she gets one on our next cruise as it will be our first cruise as Diamond. We don't mind either way as I am not sure what you are meant to do with them. The others are just in a draw somewhere.