Favorite RCI Cruise Memory

Taking my sweet younger brother (terminally ill) on his first and only cruise .. Liberty 5 day in 2012.

He always wanted to go on a cruise ship .. and I was determined he was going to go on one ... he loved every minute of it .. and so did I.

Miss that little guy so much ... but what memories we have of that trip!

100_0070.jpg

Edited by F27TW

Taking my sweet younger brother (terminally ill) on his first and only cruise .. Liberty 5 day in 2012.

He always wanted to go on a cruise ship .. and I was determined he was going to go on one ... he loved every minute of it .. and so did I.

100_0070.jpg

aw.......thank you for sharing that. glad you have great memories of your trip and sorry about your brother.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

I am a strong believer in what goes around comes around. You will get your rewards for doing such a wonderful thing for you beloved brother and giveing him such a great time and such quality time for the two of your!

Such a sweet message, Germancruiser .. thank you.

Cruises and more cruises can all bring one thing more friends to meet.

DH and I have been fortunate, we have met some fun people on our cruises that we can call friends.

A few years ago we went on a Thanksgiving Weekend cruise on Majesty. At dinner that first night met a lovely couple who we would share dinner with the next few evenings. The following year, we booked the cruise again, and how HAPPILY surprised were we when seated at our dinner table was the same couple we had me the previous year. How nice of Royal to allow us to catch up with each other again -- and neither of us knew the other was cruising that weekend.

Last year as we planned for our Allure cruise we bumped into Cruise Critic. In our roll call I engaged in some lovely cross conversations with other cruisers, and met such a nice people to share a wonderful week on board with. You never know where you will meet your next friend(s).

It so great to read that there still people who care for family- friends- we live in a time were some tend to live to the *****- " every man to himself" - so to speak. Happy Cruising and many many fond memories!

Greetings

Michael

So true, Michael .. and that cruise will go down as my very best one ever. Or to follow.

Sure , we had our difficulties due to my brothers condition ... but I would do it all again in a minute if I could! He was so happy .. and the RC staff were absolutely wonderful to him and us!

You are so sweet with your words.

Tony (F27TW@AOL.COM)

I know what you mean Tony- I do volunter work twice year for a home were handicaped people of all ages live together- I do really not much but what one get´s back- and if it is just a smile- is unbelievable!

I know RCI- staff to be considerate and helpful esp. to people in wheelchairs or such. I so loved my first RCI cruises on board Grandeur and Enchantment- by then considered as one of the biggest ships in the world. LOL!

Have a great weekend!

Michael

My most memorable moment was seeing the pleasure from a couple in their 80's, whom we met in the elevator, and they were interested in our Roll Call and the little Loot Bags I had given out and the husband asked if he could have one. I had extras so one night I went back to our room, picked up a couple and handed them to he and his wife in the Centrum. Seeing the joy on their faces as they rumaged thru the bags picking out the goodies which they said, really made their day. It didn't bother me that he asked for the bag, because I enjoyed seeing them having a good time.

And a lot of people from then on congratulated us :o

Sent from my MB886 using Forums mobile app

It pales in comparison, but I do remember people coming up to us after being the middle couple on the Love and Marriage game.

There are two that stand out above the rest for us. The 1st would be our first ever trip to Europe and a 10 night cruise on Serenade of the Seas. The price for a balcony was under $700pp after our C&A discount and we had great airfare a s well. We spent 2 extra days in Barcelona before flying home. Being on a limite budget I was not sure we could ever pull it off so being able to do so made it even more special.

The 2nd was recently on Enchantment out of Baltimore before it moved to Port Canaveral. We left in sunshine and returned in snow. The cruise was made memorable by a great staff and topped off with an invitation to dine with Captain McDuff. My wife and I were truly surprised by that as we are not Pinnacle, nor can we afford the suite life. He told his dining room managers he wanted 4 fun couples to dine with and thats exactly what he got. Of course, all four couples were like us and surprised to be picked. We all had a great time with the Captain and his wife at dinner and my wife and I even got to talk with them again a bit later on in the evening in another part of the ship.

100_0070.jpg

Thank you for sharing the picture and that memory. Brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful thing to do for him.

Thanks so much for this thread.

My favorite memory is sitting in a lounge chair on a cruise deck and just sitting there and letting go of all my cares. There is a peace in feeling that breeze.

Happy future cruises to all.

One of my favorites was upon first entering the CL on Mariner. White leather jacket, black skinny jeans, hair to my shoulders. These three older couples-- about my folks' age-- sitting by the door call me over to politely ask if I'm someone famous in a band they should know about, or their kids might know of. :D

Lots of little Cruise memories too, but that one is a favorite life memory that just happened to happen on an RCI ship.

In 1985 I got my dream job in South FL so it was only natural that cruising entered into the vacation options. My Dad loved cruising - he was a Naval Officer in WW2 so he loved the sea. He and my Mom took a couple of cruises when I was just a kid but as we got older they had other priorities. So when my DW and I were in FL we booked a cruise on the Song of America with Mom and Dad. It was awesome!

My favorite memory was a sail away at sunset on an upper deck with just my Dad and I. It was just a very special moment. They've been gone for a long time now, but those memories will always be with me.

My hubby and I took a cruise to Alaska on Rhapsody for our 5 year anniversary in 2012 and on our tour in Skagway we renewed our vows at a 110 yr old church in Carcross. It was a pretty special moment, especially in some place that beautiful and full of history.