So we didn't lose 5 pounds before our cruise

warmwinds

Ya sometimes LIFE gets in the way...

Which means you probably have more than a fair share of stress in your life currently.

So you NEED the cruise even more than when ou originally booked it

Lol, eat salad & exercise more when you get back

For now...

Just go and enjoy yourselves. Life is short. Too short.

Cheers!

Eat your lunches in the Spa / Solarium "Healthy Buffet" forward on deck 10... Did you know that you can ask for a freshly grilled salmon fillet daily there!!! Definitely cuts down on the calaries and I add that to lots of walking on my private tours and I should manage to come home with no additional weight...

Of course you can also book Aqua Class so that you eat healthy lean cusine every night too!

We are trying that on thsi cruise!

Take the stairs instead of the elevator, don't finish any food you don't like, eat any food you love, dance every time you get the chance (but only if you're having fun!), and don't worry about it! Have a fabulous cruise!

Don't get the free beverage package...

Don't get up in time for breakfast

Get locked out on your balcony several times at dinner time.

Find Montezuma...

Break both arms...

Dance, dance, dance.

We like to lose a few before pigging out. This time it didn't happen. :(

How are we going to have any clothes that fit after 14 days??

It is my understanding (though I have never ACTUALLY seen it) that there is an area onboard called the 'gym' (pronounced Jim, like Beam). If you go there very early, you are allowed to do this thing/activity they call the 'excercise' and then, you won't even gain the pounds! Sounds like its a bogus deal from an infomercial, but I know people that swear by it! I have never seen it taking place because I am always asleep while its happening, but these people stay thin and fit, so there may be a hint of truth to it!:D

This is what works for me...

Buy a size larger before leaving. Absolutely do not take tight clothes. Everything must stretch and not wrinkle except maybe...shoes.

Take a nice jewelry piece, this way people can complement your jewelry or new shoes.

If ever you feel uncomfortable loudly ask in a public place if anyone else gains water weight from the flight. You can also fan your face in case you blush.

Eat anything you want..absolutely not an issue. Just do not do this one thing. Never get in an elevator.

This will not help you lose weight, but if you refuse to use the lift all the walking up the stairs will keep you from gaining.

Let us know how it goes, ;)

Don't try to eat your cruise fare in food! Eat as normal....don't have desserts every meal....eat BIG salads to take up space, instead of all the fattening stuff!

The little bit of walking that you do on a ship will NOT keep you from gaining....it's simply not enough walking! You'd have to walk all day long!

I'd say that depends on the size of the ship. You can walk a lot on big ships such as Celebrity's S-Class ships, especially if you book a cabin far from the dining room and auditorium. I wear a pedometer all the time on ships and I regularly hit 15,000 steps a day or more. Plus there is no limit to the number of laps you can walk on the ship's walking path.

I also take the stairs as much as I am able, but my knees can get pretty grumpy.

I think that is the only reason that many wear Tuxes on formal night. The pants have that elastic stretchable waist.

My wife and I try to eat healthy, weigh all of our food and keep track of what we eat.

We also wear a Fitbit, and when working out wear a a polar heart monito belt. We do many of the Beach Body programs suck as P90X, Insanity and t25, qnd also bike a minimum of 16 miles a day and sometimes up to 50.

When we go on a cruise it is very difficult to not gain weight.

We use to exercise on board but decided it is not worth the effort and our bodies needed a rest..

We still walk a lot and always use the stairs but in reality it don't amount to much. People are only fooling themselves whon they think that 1/2 hour on a treadmill justifies what they eat or,drink.

🌈 cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🛀

I have tried this technique in S class ships and HAL Eurodam. If I never make a stair exception I will not gain weight. Believe me, this is no little walking if you are on a ship for a couple of weeks and leave your cabin. The dining room and shows are completely opposite places on the ship. If you begin to make exceptions before you know it the elevator gods find out and they will begin subtracting inches from your pants.

If you have a drink package and plan on drinking all day..well I must say all my personal calculations were made without drinking except at dinner, maybe convert to Obc.. Lol

Miched...you are fit already..no doubt eating more and exercising less may make a difference.

My technique was handed down to me by wizened women always concerned with gaining who cruised more frequently than I do. Most people are stressed doing the full stairs you and your wife probably just float up and down them with your home regimen. Lol

Edited by hulamoon

We like to lose a few before pigging out. This time it didn't happen. :(

How are we going to have any clothes that fit after 14 days??

Take the stairs instead of the elevator, don't finish any food you don't like, eat any food you love, dance every time you get the chance (but only if you're having fun!), and don't worry about it! Have a fabulous cruise!

LOVE this question as I'm afraid I'm heading for the same thing on our next cruise. :D

The stairs thing used to work but my knees no longer love the bending.

I read a suggestion on Cruise Critic last year that was helpful to me on our last cruise. After 3 bites, if you don't love it, don't eat it. It was hard for me because I hate being wasteful but it reminded me to get small portions if possible and I didn't gain weight, well, not much anyway.

We're about to embark on a 56 night B2B2B2B cruise and I started my pre-cruise diet back in May. I'm down almost 10 lbs to the weight I was over 30 years ago.

I've made all sorts of resolutions about what to avoid. Fortunately I don't crave desserts but my love of cheese will create problems.

I can now comfortably grow into my clothes over the coming weeks.

What model do you have? DH thinking of getting one...He's a Personal Trainer...I do Jazzercise 3x week. We both lost quite a bit of weight this year and know we'll put some on during cruise, but it's vacation, after all.

We took a cabin on Deck 10 and intend to do alot of walking besides zumba and other workouts to try our best to keep weight down though....But will still definitely do martini and molecular bars!

We're about to embark on a 56 night B2B2B2B cruise and I started my pre-cruise diet back in May. I'm down almost 10 lbs to the weight I was over 30 years ago.

I've made all sorts of resolutions about what to avoid. Fortunately I don't crave desserts but my love of cheese will create problems.

I can now comfortably grow into my clothes over the coming weeks.

Are we getting an epic review? You can also give us cheese plate updates. Looking forward to hearing about it.

We really have to put a few things in perspective. Without having this become a downer, as I sat with my sister before she passed away, one of the last things she said was that she couldn't believe she spent her whole life dieting and now she'll never see Rome. Remember people, in the scheme of things, a little bit of what you want will do you no harm. I so appreciate the places I see, the things I do and when I have that occasional bit of something I shouldn't, especially on a cruise, I think of her.

Enjoy your travels everyone!

The best advice I can give anyone is just enjoy your cruise. Eat and drink whatever you want. I find I often gain weight on a cruise, but it seems to come off very quickly once I'm home. For me, it seems that weight gained quickly is also lost quickly. Some is probably water weight as well, since I don't have as much sodium at home.

As per the posting above, life IS too short, and enjoying a cruise to the fullest is one of the biggest pleasures in my life. If I end up on my death bed in the next few years, I will have no regrets, other than perhaps not seeing Tahiti and Machu Picchu.

I can eat properly again when I get home.