Google Earth

cruiserjt

I was playing with Google Earth in Miami tonight and found a very fun way to see the Eclipse in port. The 3D imaging is so clear and with 5 ships in port it was amazing to see some of the detail. I could easily see the deck layout and am surprised I didn't see anyone waving.

I thought I would share in case someone else is interested. Just don't do street view but zoom in on the ship. Very cool

Teri

Edited by cruiserjt
typo

I have to admid that I spend a fair amount of time on the Internet... And GOOGLE in all its incarnations is a fave.

Google Earth & Google Maps has a lot of interesting things to offer... Especially if one is a Traveller. Standard Map View, with measured distances (driving, cycling, public transit or walking)... Satellite View, or Street View with the curb-side options or street view and driving the little yellow man around are AMAZING

GOOGLE MAPS is just PE more tool in my arsenal.. Would not plan a trip without consulting (others are Wikipedia - TripAdvisor and the local Tourism Websites)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Of all the pics of the Eclipse. This shows each deck and I got a perfect cabin count for our room this December. You could scroll over the top and it was clear enough to see the lawn that handsome dry brown areas. Balconies and obstructions were very obvious.

Beware.......Big Brother is watching!:cool:

Yes they are!

Now put down that donut!

Now for any of the post police.....that was a sarcastic comment meant to amuse!

I am on Google Maps constantly,.

I was amused! :p

Beware.......Big Brother is watching!:cool:....

Another reason to think about what we're doing on the balcony. Once, while sipping wine in the backyard, my BIL, who worked on military satellites, said that if the timing were right, someone would be able to report on whether we were drinking white or red wine.

My version of Google Earth at FLL shows the Solstice reversed and super-imposed on the Silhouette. Must need an update

And this is what I see in Miami on my version of Google Maps. A new secret Carnival ship?

Carnival%20What%20the%20heck.jpg

Edited by boogs

• 10 months later...

On the Google Earth of Fort Lauderdale (dated 12/15/2014) there are six cruise ships. To me, all have been pasted in. No gangways to the ships, no traffic, no loading or unloading and shadows are not correct, On the largest (Oasis of the Seas) appears the stern is on a barge and ship is on the edge of the pier.

Not sure why they did this, unless to show where ships dock??

On the Google Earth of Fort Lauderdale (dated 12/15/2014) there are six cruise ships. To me, all have been pasted in. No gangways to the ships, no traffic, no loading or unloading and shadows are not correct, On the largest (Oasis of the Seas) appears the stern is on a barge and ship is on the edge of the pier.

Not sure why they did this, unless to show where ships dock??

Who knows...but there is a live web cam at Port Everlgades. You can

always see what is going on there....for real:D....now that is after 6pm

(Eastern time) there are no cruiseships to see...but if you check tomorrow, there will probably be some to see;)

http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/

Yes, I have used live webcams, Great for checking out areas before you go there.

By the way, a nice bunch of pictures on your Cruisers Only... Have a great cruise on the Summit..

Yes, I have used live webcams, Great for checking out areas before you go there.

By the way, a nice bunch of pictures on your Cruisers Only... Have a great cruise on the Summit..

Thank you:) AND I plan to:D