West Coast Cruisers

dadroy

I may be late to the party, but I just found a couple of 7 day cruises out of Los Angeles in 2015. They go to Santa Barbara, San Francisco, Monterey, Ensenada and back to LA. They are in Late Sept. and early Oct.

Woohoo! Now I can do RCI without a grand in airfare.

If we sell these ships out this week, maybe they will decide "There's money in them thar hills"!:D

If you appreciate the info, please hit the "LIKE" button:rolleyes:

I may be late to the party, but I just found a couple of 7 day cruises out of Los Angeles in 2015. They go to Santa Barbara, San Francisco, Monterey, Ensenada and back to LA. They are in Late Sept. and early Oct.

If we sell these ships out this week, maybe they will decide "There's money in them thar hills"!:D

We too wish there were more from the west coast... we booked a few months ago. Looking forward to just driving up there and not dealing with airports :)

My wife and I are on the sailing bringing the Jewel from Vancouver to LA. I'm a-s-s-u-m-i-n-g it sails into San Pedro...can anyone verify that for me?

We plan to rent a car, somewhere, and head to SD for a couple of days.....before returning on Sunday to fly out of Long Beach Airport

Weather in Calif. during Sept. and Oct is normally very warm inland but will be cooler along the coast and out to sea. Example, I live 40 miles inland and it will be 100 degrees today. At the beach it should be 75. So these cruises are never going to be Caribbean warm but should be comfortable.

What I like is the ship is in San Francisco overnight. Gets in at 2pm and leaves at 6pm the following day. So we would be able to do some sight seeing and still enjoy some night life at a good seafood restaurant. Fisherman's Wharf is very close so that can make it fun for me.

The stop in Monterey also will allow us to go to Clint Eastwood's restaurant in Carmel which is supposed to be very good.

Never been on the Jewel, but I never met a ship I did not like! Going to book one cruise today, but still trying to talk the wife into making it a b2b since it has been 2 years since our last cruise.

Sept/Oct doesn't seem like the ideal time of year for going up the coast and back. Won't it be a little chilly out on deck or balcony? Have any of you done a similar one before? Just wondering if this is more about being on a ship than visiting those cities.

I am surprised you would say this, seeing as you are located in SoCal. Don't you think Sept./Oct. is when California has its best weather? True, it cools off in the late evening and early morning, but the days are beautiful.

We have done several (8 so far, to be exact) coastal cruises and all of them have been fantastic. We are booked on the south bound Jewel cruise next September and really looking forward to it.

Edited by emilygrace

I know others have posted about booking earlier... but it is still exciting news for the west coast market. Need to show there is demand for these sailings so it is not a blip but the standard.

I'm on the Oct 3rd sailing. Booked on the first day available. We have a LARGE roll call. Come & join us! Check out our website: Jewel of the Seas CA Coastal October 3, 2015 - Home

Tried and tried to convince DW that we should get onboard, but since she grew up in the area many of the ports are she was less than thrilled with the idea. So we compromised and decided on HI instead, but I am going to keep subtly pushing it :D

There are also two other coastal cruises in 2015. One is a 6 day cruise from San Diego to Vancouver and the other is a 8 day cruise from Vancouver to LA. They are all very popular and have very few cabins left to book.

A little late, but PLEASE join the party!!!

We're on the Jewel October 3rd of 2015 and VERY excited :)

We aren't even west coasters, we're from Florida but thought it would be a great way to see California and still cruise.

A little late, but PLEASE join the party!!!

We're on the Jewel October 3rd of 2015 and VERY excited :)

We aren't even west coasters, we're from Florida but thought it would be a great way to see California and still cruise.

Us too, we booked the first week it was out there!! Not west coasters but always looking for a unique itinerary and this one fits the bill. :D

Edited by akcruz

Sept/Oct doesn't seem like the ideal time of year for going up the coast and back. Won't it be a little chilly out on deck or balcony? Have any of you done a similar one before? Just wondering if this is more about being on a ship than visiting those cities.

For us, it is all about the ship and the cities! Coming from the hotter part of the southwest, we are looking forward to cool & possibly chilly!:D

We did sail a Mariner West Coast cruise (the Swine Flu cruise) and loved the cooler weather! We booked the Oct. Jewel cruise the first week it opened. Also talked friends into booking too. Counting down the days:p

I am surprised you would say this, seeing as you are located in SoCal. Don't you think Sept./Oct. is when California has its best weather? True, it cools off in the late evening and early morning, but the days are beautiful.

We have done several (8 so far, to be exact) coastal cruises and all of them have been fantastic. We are booked on the south bound Jewel cruise next September and really looking forward to it.

Well... I was thinking about what it would be like out on the ocean. I actually prefer warm weather, what most would consider even too hot - like mid to high 80s. So on the ocean, and in ports like Monterey & San Fran, I'm thinking it might only be in the 60s or low 70s. And for me, that's cold. For others they'll think it is perfect!

The other thing, like another poster mentioned, is that most of the ports are familiar places, so that's not a big draw for me. I grew up in N. Calif so went to San Francisco & Monterey regularly. I can drive to Santa Barbara for an afternoon. Only place I haven't seen is Ensenda.

So to take this cruise it would be more about just being on a cruise, regardless of the itinerary. But it would be nice if the weather was agreeable. I hate being cold :o

For us, it is all about the ship and the cities! Coming from the hotter part of the southwest, we are looking forward to cool & possibly chilly!:D

We did sail a Mariner West Coast cruise (the Swine Flu cruise) and loved the cooler weather! We booked the Oct. Jewel cruise the first week it opened. Also talked friends into booking too. Counting down the days:p

We were on that one too! The weather was perfect!

Tried and tried to convince DW that we should get onboard, but since she grew up in the area many of the ports are she was less than thrilled with the idea. So we compromised and decided on HI instead, but I am going to keep subtly pushing it :D

Sorry she doesn't see the big picture of finally having a ship on the west coast. Many of us have said we don't care where it goes as long as we can cruise out of the west coast!! :)

Clicked on this thread, read through all the posts, did some checking for prices and now have the 8 Night 18 September 2015 Cruise booked. We've been to a couple of the ports before but not on a Cruise ship. The stay over in San Francisco was the icing on the cake for my wife. Off to join the Roll Call.

We'd have jumped on that one but all the GS's were gone by time we looked. As of now one is all sold out w/Suites and the other has JS's for nearly twice what we got a GS for on Navigator... with no plane ride needed.

HOWEVER, selling out suites this fast for trips a year in the future has to send a message of some sort. Would really like a Pacific Coastal trip and really like Radiance class ships.

My wife and I are on the sailing bringing the Jewel from Vancouver to LA. I'm a-s-s-u-m-i-n-g it sails into San Pedro...can anyone verify that for me?

We plan to rent a car, somewhere, and head to SD for a couple of days.....before returning on Sunday to fly out of Long Beach Airport

Yes, Jewel will be in San Pedro. And we'll board her after you disembark.:D:D