Wharf extension OPT

Take her for a romantic walk from The Rocks around near Park Hyatt and under the Bridge. It is a nice walk with wonderful views and up close to all the harbour traffic.You may earn some future credits for your kind thoughtfulness ! Cheers, Buzz ( Cupid ) :)

Take her for a romantic walk from The Rocks around near Park Hyatt and under the Bridge. It is a nice walk with wonderful views and up close to all the harbour traffic.You may earn some future credits for your kind thoughtfulness ! Cheers, Buzz ( Cupid ) :)

Who would have thought you were Eros;)

Who would have thought you were Eros;)

No.... it was GUT247 that made the eros ..in his typing.

Anyway all he has to do is take the bride on the hop on hop off ferry round the harbour before he checks in for the cruise and he will be sweet.....and no there will be no red carpet or champagne .

Then she'll want me to be all romantic all the time.

I lke the idea of showing her the harbour traffic though, anyone have a bus timetable handy so she can get a real close look.

No.... it was GUT247 that made the eros ..in his typing.

Anyway all he has to do is take the bride on the hop on hop off ferry round the harbour before he checks in for the cruise and he will be sweet.....and no there will be no red carpet or champagne .

What no champagne and no red carpet for mo, but I will be the most "I" VIP ever to sail, I must make a complaint to celebrity about their check in staff.

What no champagne and no red carpet for mo, but I will be the most "I" VIP ever to sail, I must make a complaint to celebrity about their check in staff.

No I was talking about the hop on hop off ferry.........you will be lucky to even get on the Century ( if I have got anything to do with it:D::D:D) see ya on the 5th.

No I was talking about the hop on hop off ferry.........you will be lucky to even get on the Century ( if I have got anything to do with it:D::D:D) see ya on the 5th.

The 5th:eek:

I knew you were slow, but since my cruise isn't til the 15th 10 days to book in is a bit ridiculous isn't it.

Hi Graham, have you got anymore photos to share of the inside renovations, escalators etc. Of course I will see it first hand in one month but I am getting excited.:D

Your wish is my command:rolleyes:

o5aovd.jpg

il8whh.jpg

A sneak preview of the new "debark" area. The "suspended" grey beams at the top of the photo are the new check in level which you access via the new lifts and escalators in the previous shots

wb8bi9.jpg

Edited by gbenjo

G'day gbenjo

Thanks for the photo.

Any update on expected completion date, I seem to recall that when it was commenced they were predicting that completion of the first stage would be by the end of the year that was then changed to about Easter, by the looks of the photo you just posted that is a tad optimistic even.

:D

G'day gbenjo

Thanks for the photo.

Any update on expected completion date, I seem to recall that when it was commenced they were predicting that completion of the first stage would be by the end of the year that was then changed to about Easter, by the looks of the photo you just posted that is a tad optimistic even.

No.. nothing concrete (pardon the pun.... lets not get started again:)) but they are making what seems to be visible progress now with the escalator and lift wells in place and a lot of the glazing is done, the external walls are basically all glass, so once they are complete it is just the internal fitting out ( a bit simplified ) and I believe the "first stage" is supposed to be handed over in December but I honestly do not know what that is, possibly the new debark area (only my assumption) but as I have said before, things are changing daily, which you would expect on a building site, so we will just have to wait and see, but I can tell you that by your cruise in December ( the 15th wasn't it?:D ) there will be NO RED CARPET OR BUBBLY.....at least not for you:rolleyes:

Edited by gbenjo

No.. nothing concrete (pardon the pun.... lets not get started again:)) but they are making what seems to be visible progress now with the escalator and lift wells in place and a lot of the glazing is done, the external walls are basically all glass, so once they are complete it is just the internal fitting out ( a bit simplified ) and I believe the "first stage" is supposed to be handed over in December but I honestly do not know what that is, possibly the new debark area (only my assumption) but as I have said before, things are changing daily, which you would expect on a building site, so we will just have to wait and see.

Thanks mate, closer to my sailing date I might bug you for some feedback on wheelchair access as I still can't decide if I'll take it or take the risk, the bg problem is if I don't take it embarkation and disembarkation might be a problem, I'm pretty sure I'll be OK on board but we might leave that for 2 or 3 weeks as things are changing so quick, both for OPT and me.

Thanks mate, closer to my sailing date I might bug you for some feedback on wheelchair access as I still can't decide if I'll take it or take the risk, the bg problem is if I don't take it embarkation and disembarkation might be a problem, I'm pretty sure I'll be OK on board but we might leave that for 2 or 3 weeks as things are changing so quick, both for OPT and me.

Wheelchair access to the terminal and ship for both debark and embark has not, and will not be, a concern. Whether you bring your own or use one of the ships chairs,is your choice, whatever is easier for you but either way there is no problem.

A bit off topic... but then again I did take this photo at the end of the OPT from the temporary pontoon for the White Bay turnarounds.... so not to far off topic.

My question is: do we have any marine biologists amongst us or could anyone tell me what sort of crab this is. It looks as though it has a yellow pattern on its shell but I was standing about ten or fifteen feet above it on the pontoon when I took the photo so it may just be a bit of "growth' on it but it does seem a little too uniform for that. The crab was probably the size of an adult fist or a touch bigger but I have never seen one that looks like it.:confused::confused:

Just for MiCanberra and GUT247.. what looks like a champagne bottle in the rocks has nothing to do with it and is not part of the VIP Cruise Critic check in line.. I did not even notice it till I got home and looked at the photo.:D

2aiou3d.jpg

A bit off topic... but then again I did take this photo at the end of the OPT from the temporary pontoon for the White Bay turnarounds.... so not to far off topic.

My question is: do we have any marine biologists amongst us or could anyone tell me what sort of crab this is. It looks as though it has a yellow pattern on its shell but I was standing about ten or fifteen feet above it on the pontoon when I took the photo so it may just be a bit of "growth' on it but it does seem a little too uniform for that. The crab was probably the size of an adult fist or a touch bigger but I have never seen one that looks like it.:confused::confused:

Just for MiCanberra and GUT247.. what looks like a champagne bottle in the rocks has nothing to do with it and is not part of the VIP Cruise Critic check in line.. I did not even notice it till I got home and looked at the photo.:D

2aiou3d.jpg

The crab I will investigate, the champagne I will leave for GUT2407.:D

As far as I can discover it is a Purple Rock Crab (or a Red Rock Crab). :D

For some reason it is the colour of the crab not the rocks that are in it's title.:p

It looks like a red rock crab, but I've never seen one with a yellow(ish) pattern on its shell.

what looks like a champagne bottle in the rocks has nothing to do with it and is not part of the VIP Cruise Critic check in line.. I did not even notice it till I got home and looked at the photo.:D

Typical second class service.