Wharf extension OPT

Good plan, enjoy your stay and cruise. Make sure you get a ferry over to Manly for a half day experience, the harbour is magnificent.:D

Yesterday I purchased a voucher for the 24 hour Hop On / Hop Off ferry; so we plan on getting out to Manly. By the way we will be popping into your town, once you are cruising, to see the world record Christmas light display. :cool:

Yesterday I purchased a voucher for the 24 hour Hop On / Hop Off ferry; so we plan on getting out to Manly. By the way we will be popping into your town, once you are cruising, to see the world record Christmas light display. :cool:

There is normally not much that is "bright" coming out of Canberra but the lights will be good.:D

Cool, that is done by colleagues of mine. He has given up working for a lot of the year to plan and assemble the display it is a huge job, but his partner still works at our department right up to Xmas.

When are you planning on coming?

Make sure you get around to some of the free 'National' sites, such as the War Memorial, gallery, library, museum, Parliament houses, etc (Note the zoo is private and will charge for entry) :D

Edited by MicCanberra

There is normally not much that is "bright" coming out of Canberra but the lights will be good.:D

Agreed, the average IQ for Canberra drops when we get all those pollies coming here and then rises when they leave again.:p

Edited by MicCanberra

Cool, that is done by colleagues of mine. He has given up working for a lot of the year to plan and assemble the display it is a huge job, but his partner still works at our department right up to Xmas.

When are you planning on coming?

Make sure you get around to some of the free 'National' sites, such as the War Memorial, gallery, library, museum, Parliament houses, etc (Note the zoo is private and will charge for entry) :D

Depending on how the weather gods treat us on Mt Kozzie :eek: we will be in Canberra somewhere between Dec. 16-18. We do plan to spend some time at the National sites.

Edited by 14ersco

Depending on how the weather gods treat us on Mt Kozzie :eek: we will be in Canberra somewhere between Dec. 16-18. We do plan to spend some time at the National sites.

Hopefully the weather will be kind. As you mentioned I will be away, otherwise I would liked to have caught up for a drink and said hello.:D

Hunter Valley Gardens near Cessnock has a massive display too if you are n the area at all, nearly twice the lights of the Canberra one but not all LEDs.

It may be big and good but it is just not a Guinness world record.:p

I actually thnk it is Mic, it was a year or two back, but I say see both, one's the largest LED light display in the world the other the largest Christmas light display in the Southern Hemisphere.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I actually thnk it is Mic, it was a year or two back, but I say see both, one's the largest LED light display in the world the other the largest Christmas light display in the Southern Hemisphere.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

The fella who has put up the lights in Canbera does have the Guiness world record for lights. He lost it two years ago, but regained it last year and apparently this year too.

The fella who has put up the lights in Canbera does have the Guiness world record for lights. He lost it two years ago, but regained it last year and apparently this year too.

Yes the Canberra lghts has the record for LED lights, however the HVG has more lights over all, but as I said earlier if you can, see both, [as I hope to do] if not try and see at least one n the past both have been spectacular.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gbenjo. Do you do boarding for RCI cruises? We will be at the OPT on Tuesday 23rd December. We will be coming by taxi from the airport. Can we be dropped of at the terminal or do we need to tell the driver to drop us off at a different point? Thanks soooo much for all your advise. Suexxx

Hi gbenjo. Do you do boarding for RCI cruises? We will be at the OPT on Tuesday 23rd December. We will be coming by taxi from the airport. Can we be dropped of at the terminal or do we need to tell the driver to drop us off at a different point? Thanks soooo much for all your advise. Suexxx

Yes I do. No problem being dropped off at the terminal as per normal, it's only pick ups when debarking that are affected See you on the 23rd.

Hi Gbenjo

Things have been a bit quiet on here lately. How's things going with the extensions any more pictures.

Thanks.

The hoardings outside the terminal were taken down today revealing the all glass outside walls

21j9n5f.jpg

The new escalators and lifts in the foyer area nearing completion

9ir0wl.jpg

New debark area and the new "mezzanine" level which will be for check in also nearing completion

a1ln6d.jpg

Unfortunately I cannot get into the new areas they are building to take photos so I am limited to basically the foyer area but you can see the progress from earlier photos....it is changing daily and is expected to be "handed over" in about a week or so but will not be in "operation" until late January February

Edited by gbenjo

Hehe. But did they actually get to see you?

Always seem to be away when we come through. ;)

Yes, they both had the absolute pleasure of meeting me:D:D:D

You just need to let me know what time you will be checking in. ;)

Unfortunately I cannot get into the new areas they are building to take photos so I am limited to basically the foyer area but you can see the progress from earlier photos....it is changing daily and is expected to be "handed over" in about a week or so but will not be in "operation" until late January February

Hi Graham

Its starting to look good , hopefully by the 27th Jan when we board Solstice it may be in operation .... as our group are flying in from Melbourne we expect to arrive at the OPT about 11:30am so I hope we get the chance to say hello :p

And I note the red carpet and SMALL bottles of bubbles now you know we ordered magnums :rolleyes:

Its nice to think that perhaps we might be among the first to use the new facilities .. keep up the good work ...

Regards

John