Wharf extension OPT

Just wondering Graham what time you will be checking people in til on 3 April as you are also sailing on our voyage, since our stateroom is on 8 our check-in time is 2.30- We are devastated that there is a chance we will miss the Gbenjo experience?

I was planning to go on board around one ish but will play it a bit by ear. I thought possibly if I went on early and sat around one of the bars anyone (that I checked in)who "wanted to" would have the opportunity to buy me a drink in gratitude:D:D:D I do not want to rob them of that chance:rolleyes:

The 2:30 check in time that is on your Guest Ticket Booklet is only a recommended time and usually by 2:30 the majority of guests are on board so if you wanted to board earlier I cannot see a problem. As I usually say "ask for Suzie and tell her Benjo sent you." ;);)

I did order a heavy duty carpet square,knowing that Aussie FF usually has a large touring party travelling with her so it should be able to handle it although it may have trouble coping with the extra weight of MicCanberra's wallet which will be full of tips for the check in agent(s) :D:D:D

LOL, keep dreaming. I would need a folder full of A4 paper to have all my tips written down. :p

Edited by MicCanberra

I was planning to go on board around one ish but will play it a bit by ear. I thought possibly if I went on early and sat around one of the bars anyone (that I checked in)who "wanted to" would have the opportunity to buy me a drink in gratitude:D I do not want to rob them of that chance:rolleyes:

The 2:30 check in time that is on your Guest Ticket Booklet is only a recommended time and usually by 2:30 the majority of guests are on board so if you wanted to board earlier I cannot see a problem. As I usually say "ask for Suzie and tell her Benjo sent you." ;);)

I will get you that drink one day.:D

I was planning to go on board around one ish but will play it a bit by ear. I thought possibly if I went on early and sat around one of the bars anyone (that I checked in)who "wanted to" would have the opportunity to buy me a drink in gratitude:D:D:D I do not want to rob them of that chance:rolleyes:

In a flash mate if i ever cruise with you, or even if we meet at the pub or something.

Sounds great, we are flying down so won't get there til 1.30 earliest, will start trolling the bars when we're on board just in case

Just a quick question. Is the new downstairs section meant to be the future check in? I was their on the 31st and downstairs seemed a massive waste at the time, as it was pretty much all empty que space that made you walk around the room to get to the escalators that are right in front of the entrance.

Just a quick question. Is the new downstairs section meant to be the future check in? I was their on the 31st and downstairs seemed a massive waste at the time, as it was pretty much all empty que space that made you walk around the room to get to the escalators that are right in front of the entrance.

This is the area you are speaking about and no, we are only using it for "coralling" the guests until the handover from the builders, it is intended to be the debark area where you will collect your luggage and the area to the left will be screened off and become the new Customs and Dept Agriculture area. You can see at the top of the photo the new "mezzanine "level which is intended to be the new check in level. There is still some conjecture as to the final set up and layout of the new areas and the different cruise lines may have their own thoughts as to how it will be set up dependnig on the size of the ship etc. It is intended that guests will enter the terminal from the covered forecourt area and be directed up the escalators or lifts to check in.

2dlte2u.jpg

This is the area you are speaking about and no, we are only using it for "coralling" the guests until the handover from the builders, it is intended to be the debark area where you will collect your luggage and the area to the left will be screened off and become the new Customs and Dept Agriculture area. You can see at the top of the photo the new "mezzanine "level which is intended to be the new check in level. There is still some conjecture as to the final set up and layout of the new areas and the different cruise lines may have their own thoughts as to how it will be set up dependnig on the size of the ship etc. It is intended that guests will enter the terminal from the covered forecourt area and be directed up the escalators or lifts to check in.

2dlte2u.jpg

As always Graham thanks for the update.

Mick, we are all meeting at the Observer Hotel at around 10:30-11:00 beforehand, i will buy you a beer there, we will all have red tshirts on, cant miss us.

Thanks but we are likely to get to the OPT around 12 as we are travelling up from the ACT that morning.:D