Wharf extension OPT

We had a very fast smooth disembarkation on tuesday 27th. (And embarkation) from celebrity. We even had a porter to help with our bags. We had a baby with us.

However, we learnt from our october radiance debacle and arranged a shuttle service home.

Again there were no taxis for the poor folk coming out on deck 2. It was pouring with rain and they were being sent down to circular quay again.

So, if you are wanting a taxi home make sure you don't come out on level two.

Maybe once it has finished this may change. ...graham??

Once complete it is intended that ALL passengers will collect their luggage on the ground floor and there will be lifts and travelators in the forecourt that will take anyone wanting a taxi up to the now extended taxi rank, however there is still some discussion as to the final layout and may be subject to some tweaking by the various cruise lines.

I will never understand how passengers who want to catch a taxi have their luggage sent to the lower level (by the ship) Perhaps the debark form they fill in the day before the ship docks should be changed to reflect this..but hey hopefully after the 14th Feb it will/may all change.

Just to share what Gbenjo sees at work, maybe not from the Shangri-la ( but you never know what those self proclaimed VIP's may squander on him to get their perks ) , cheers Buzz.

Yawn.....Ho Hum........ not that same old view AGAIN. Why would anyone bother?:D:D

No Buzz, have not seen free accommodation .... AS YET........ but my wife and I were thinking of staying in a hotel near the Quay the night before our Solstice cruise in April.............. just thought I would mention it:cool::cool::cool:

Edited by gbenjo

Just to share what Gbenjo sees at work, maybe not from the Shangri-la ( but you never know what those self proclaimed VIP's may squander on him to get their perks ) , cheers Buzz.

Haven't heard anyone ask where the helicopter landing spots at OPT are, yet. ;)

If there's going to be a helicopter port, how come you can't flag your personal helicopter to get to work in Fremantle for the day?

I thought all important, special, senior employees had their own helicopter........:confused:

Don't forget when you order the upgrade, the passenger name is LOUIS, and it's the Solstice leaving Fremantle on 25th February. :D:D:D

Thank you,

ratacake

So where are the helicopter landing spots by the OPT ??:p

The exact location of the Helicopter landing spots will depend on whether the ship is berthed bow or stern in and could vary by 300 or so metres:D:D:D but this what they will look like.....this one is the Radiance:p

2dtyiwh.jpg

If there's going to be a helicopter port, how come you can't flag your personal helicopter to get to work in Fremantle for the day?

I thought all important, special, senior employees had their own helicopter........:confused:

Don't forget when you order the upgrade, the passenger name is LOUIS, and it's the Solstice leaving Fremantle on 25th February. :D

Thank you,

ratacake

Enough of the "senior" already:mad::mad: there are plenty....well some .. people older than me.....but then again.... I am allowed forget now so I may not remember to do certain things requested of me.

By the way thanks, for giving me your name, I may not be able to organize someone getting an upgrade but I can certainly suggest who DOESN'T get one.:D

Enough of the "senior" already:mad::mad: there are plenty....well some .. people older than me.....but then again.... I am allowed forget now so I may not remember to do certain things requested of me.

By the way thanks, for giving me your name, I may not be able to organize someone getting an upgrade but I can certainly suggest who DOESN'T get one.:D

Don't believe it he promised me a room right next to the galley, what did I get some balcony up on 9 :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Folks

Back today from New Zealand .. Solstice was as good as expected a great cruise , starting with a Splendid VIP checkin by you know whom, where Graham met a "Real VIP" and the red carpet was well trodden

Thanks to Graham for a real nice start to our cruise but what oh what can be done about that Liquid Sydney Sunshine ??? What a day !

More to come later about a different cruise aboard Solstice , but suffice to say a great holiday , the ship is in good condition and crew offering top notch service

Regards

john VK3DQ and Jean "VK3VIP" !!!!!!!!!

:D

Hello Folks

Back today from New Zealand .. Solstice was as good as expected a great cruise , starting with a Splendid VIP checkin by you know whom, where Graham met a "Real VIP" and the red carpet was well trodden

Thanks to Graham for a real nice start to our cruise but what oh what can be done about that Liquid Sydney Sunshine ??? What a day !

More to come later about a different cruise aboard Solstice , but suffice to say a great holiday , the ship is in good condition and crew offering top notch service

Regards

john VK3DQ and Jean "VK3VIP" !!!!!!!!!

:D

Welcome back, are you going to do a review?:D

How are the works coming along? I think my ears are still ringing from the pylon driving last cruise :eek:

The pile driving is now just a distant memory, the wharf extension has been finished for a couple of months and completion of the terminal is only, hopefully, days away except for the refurb of the old check in level which will, I am told, be completed over the winter season.

Welcome back, are you going to do a review?:D

Hi Mic

Yes will do a write up when I get a few moments, it was a very "different" trip with the weather being an important player , but we had a great time despite the rain and wind

the ship is in nice condition and the crew top class.

regards

John

Hi Mic

Yes will do a write up when I get a few moments, it was a very "different" trip with the weather being an important player , but we had a great time despite the rain and wind

the ship is in nice condition and the crew top class.

regards

John

Good to hear you had a great time.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Yeh...So much so you cannot even spell it :D:D:D

See you on the17th

By the way, the red carpet square is not big enough for all of you.:)

Sorry for the short notice as I only recently booked the same cruise as Aussie FF. My question is will "the red carpet square" suddenly be able to handle twice as many in one day?

Thanks in advance Peter

Just wondering Graham what time you will be checking people in til on 3 April as you are also sailing on our voyage, since our stateroom is on 8 our check-in time is 2.30- We are devastated that there is a chance we will miss the Gbenjo experience?

Sorry for the short notice as I only recently booked the same cruise as Aussie FF. My question is will "the red carpet square" suddenly be able to handle twice as many in one day?

Thanks in advance Peter

I did order a heavy duty carpet square,knowing that Aussie FF usually has a large touring party travelling with her so it should be able to handle it although it may have trouble coping with the extra weight of MicCanberra's wallet which will be full of tips for the check in agent(s) :D:D:D

Edited by gbenjo