Wharf extension OPT

The general Sydney ports web site at least used to have that notice up. As they also cover lines which do have that restriction and that covers the majority of cruises, it's safer to put it in. The notice was also put up when RCL also did not permit alcohol to be taken on board, so it covered the majority of cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope the OPT is al finished & ready for us on Sunday! looking forward to see the upgrades.

No red carpet required from Gbenjo if he is there, I'll be happy to just get aboard, wether it's via carpet, tile or just plain old lino!! :D

Hope the OPT is al finished & ready for us on Sunday! looking forward to see the upgrades.

No red carpet required from Gbenjo if he is there, I'll be happy to just get aboard, wether it's via carpet, tile or just plain old lino!! :D

Look after our lady Solstice, we board in just over 2 weeks.

BTW- Graham I noticed 2 suites have come open- one for you and one for us- well done there :p !!

Apart from a few finishing touches (and the third level customs/ security area to be upgraded in the off season) the terminal is finished and the new mezzanine check in level is now "operational" and apart from a few teething problems seems to work OK.

It would be interesting to hear what passengers/guests think of the new set up , once they have used it,I have my thoughts but other points of view would make interesting reading.

I have had to temporarily retire the red carpet due to "technical issues" :D but please come and say hello, just ask the person at the head of the line where I am.

Look after our lady Solstice, we board in just over 2 weeks.

BTW- Graham I noticed 2 suites have come open- one for you and one for us- well done there :p !!

One of those suites has already been taken:D:D and I just could not find a booking for a DEBSTEP to do an upgrade so unfortunately ..................:D:D

Apart from a few finishing touches (and the third level customs/ security area to be upgraded in the off season) the terminal is finished and the new mezzanine check in level is now "operational" and apart from a few teething problems seems to work OK.

It would be interesting to hear what passengers/guests think of the new set up , once they have used it,I have my thoughts but other points of view would make interesting reading.

I have had to temporarily retire the red carpet due to "technical issues" :D but please come and say hello, just ask the person at the head of the line where I am.

Will check it out tomorrow for you and give an honest report.

Any incentives, besides i will be going on a cruise.

We, a group of 6, are sailing on Rhapsody on 6 April (her last ever Aussie cruise :(:() to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary and daughters 18th Birthday and am looking forward to checking out the new OPT.

Rhapsody was our first ever cruise and got us hooked.

Just wondering if anyone knows what time RCI start to allow passengers on board. Our flight from Adelaide arrives in Sydney at 9.20am so figure being Easter Monday we should be at the OPT by 10.30am. We are Gold C&A members but hope we do not have to wait until 2.00pm as per suggested on ticket documents.

We, a group of 6, are sailing on Rhapsody on 6 April (her last ever Aussie cruise :(:() to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary and daughters 18th Birthday and am looking forward to checking out the new OPT.

Rhapsody was our first ever cruise and got us hooked.

Just wondering if anyone knows what time RCI start to allow passengers on board. Our flight from Adelaide arrives in Sydney at 9.20am so figure being Easter Monday we should be at the OPT by 10.30am. We are Gold C&A members but hope we do not have to wait until 2.00pm as per suggested on ticket documents.

With the new dedicated mezzanine check in level now operational we are able to start check in a lot earlier as we do not have to wait for the customs area to be cleared so we are aiming to start check in around 9:30 ish but passengers checking in early may still need to wait till the ship is cleared and ready for new guests which normally is around 10:30 -10:45.

If you are at the OPT at 10:30am you will be able to go straight through to the new Gold C&A line and be on board by 11:00. Disregard the 2:00pm time on your docs, by then the vast majority of guests(except a few stragglers ) will be on board.

Will check it out tomorrow for you and give an honest report.

Any incentives, besides i will be going on a cruise.

You might get to meet me

G'day kasetoz

noooooooooooooo flee save yourself.:D:p:cool::rolleyes:

With the new dedicated mezzanine check in level now operational we are able to start check in a lot earlier as we do not have to wait for the customs area to be cleared so we are aiming to start check in around 9:30 ish but passengers checking in early may still need to wait till the ship is cleared and ready for new guests which normally is around 10:30 -10:45.

If you are at the OPT at 10:30am you will be able to go straight through to the new Gold C&A line and be on board by 11:00. Disregard the 2:00pm time on your docs, by then the vast majority of guests(except a few stragglers ) will be on board.

Thanks Graham, much appreciated.:p

Thank You For The Update Travelling On Diamond 27th March. As We Have Luggage For Three We Are Not Wanting To Carry It Around Sydney With Us .as We are On Caribe Wecwerecadvised That 3pm Was Check In. So Relieved That We Dont Have To Wait Till Then We Look Forward To Comment On The Terminal .

gbenjo - going on the rhapsody april 17th. will you be back from your cruise to book us in????

No I won't. After the Solstice cruise to Hawaii we fly to New York for a week and then to Fort Lauderdale for an 18 day Panama Canal cruise on the Infinity so will be away for two months so apart from a Legend of the Seas turnaround in June I won't work again till October.......life is tough:D

Brilliant work opt. Lots of staff at critical stages smiling and showing the way.

Due to needing having my hair done i was a little later than i usually like checking in, about 1130am and thought i would be in the masses.

Walked through every stage except for about a three people queue at passport check.

Even the ground level was not used, straight up to the escalators.

Well done OPT staff.

One small hint, when you have the snaking queue barricades, can you put up a short cut too. Silly going back and forth when there is no one there.

Brilliant work opt. Lots of staff at critical stages smiling and showing the way.

Due to needing having my hair done i was a little later than i usually like checking in, about 1130am and thought i would be in the masses.

Walked through every stage except for about a three people queue at passport check.

Even the ground level was not used, straight up to the escalators.

Well done OPT staff.

One small hint, when you have the snaking queue barricades, can you put up a short cut too. Silly going back and forth when there is no one there.

So why did you not come and say hello????:D

I

Totally agree with you about the snake lines and short cuts It is one of my pet hates standing at the check in desk watching people having to wind their way through an empty line. Unfortunately some of the people working on the lines do not shorten them .:mad:

DW's parents were recently on Voyager of the Seas - the cruise that ended up going to Hobart instead of Fiji/Vanatu. I asked my mother-in-law what she thought of the renovated OPT and she said that it's OK as long as you get in the right line! :rolleyes:

DW's parents were recently on Voyager of the Seas - the cruise that ended up going to Hobart instead of Fiji/Vanatu. I asked my mother-in-law what she thought of the renovated OPT and she said that it's OK as long as you get in the right line! :rolleyes:

And by that I wonder if they meant gbenjo's, or just anyone else's.:cool:

So why did you not come and say hello????:D

I

Totally agree with you about the snake lines and short cuts It is one of my pet hates standing at the check in desk watching people having to wind their way through an empty line. Unfortunately some of the people working on the lines do not shorten them .:mad:

Always see people duck under the barricades if that's the case - including myself. :)

Thank You For The Update Travelling On Diamond 27th March. As We Have Luggage For Three We Are Not Wanting To Carry It Around Sydney With Us .as We are On Caribe Wecwerecadvised That 3pm Was Check In. So Relieved That We Dont Have To Wait Till Then We Look Forward To Comment On The Terminal .

I see you are sailing with Princess,we only do the turnarounds for Royal & Celebrity so I do not know what they are doing Best to check with Princess as to what times their check in is.You could certainly drop your luggage off early.

Edited by gbenjo