Wharf extension OPT

Jen and I will see you on Sunday Graham. Should be there about 1:30 but not supposed to board until 3:30. Hoping we might be allowed through earlier :)[/quote

Should not be a problem .....see you around 1:30. Usually by 3:30 it is just the "stragglers" left to check in ........don't really know why they give such late check in times..... Especially with such efficient check in agents:D:D

This is the area you are speaking about and no, we are only using it for "coralling" the guests until the handover from the builders, it is intended to be the debark area where you will collect your luggage and the area to the left will be screened off and become the new Customs and Dept Agriculture area. You can see at the top of the photo the new "mezzanine "level which is intended to be the new check in level. There is still some conjecture as to the final set up and layout of the new areas and the different cruise lines may have their own thoughts as to how it will be set up dependnig on the size of the ship etc. It is intended that guests will enter the terminal from the covered forecourt area and be directed up the escalators or lifts to check in.

2dlte2u.jpg

Yes that is where I was referring to. Thanks for the info.

Should not be a problem .....see you around 1:30. Usually by 3:30 it is just the "stragglers" left to check in ........don't really know why they give such late check in times..... Especially with such efficient check in agents:D:D

Agreed, probably to allow for late flights.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Another milestone in the OPT uprgade will be reached tomorrow 27th Feb when the new mezzanine level will be used for checking in for the first time along with the new baggage hall being used for the debark for the Diamond Princess turnaround. Photos are of the new check in level with a test set up for a Royal/Celebrity ship but you get the idea. The bright light at the back is partly the the reflection from the ship ( in this case the Voyager) which guests checking in will be looking at (The glare is only from the photo taken from the wrong angle)

I guess you guys are the first of the"paying public" to see this area

acddaq.jpg

2yvnj87.jpg

They also started this week to reconfigure the private vehicle/shuttle bus pick up area out the front of the terminal. There will still be a lot of "fine tuning" to be done over the remainder of the season but at this rate my mission to report the progress of the renovations will soon be complete and I will be out of a job:D:D:D

Edited by gbenjo

I also enjoyed a quick hi to Graham when getting on rhapsody a few weeks ago. Could not ask to be served by him as we were b being hurried through - "quickly as we will be stoppjng people going through for security issues in a few minutes. " not sure what that was about at 11.30am but anyhow we hurried on as told! The only security issue we could see was that 2 machines is never enough for boarding day. I hope they splurge and buy another one or two. :)

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

There is, but it would mean absolutely strict staggered check in times :mad:

Let's stick with corals.

I've got no problems with staggered checkins per se, but perhaps when booking they should ask for your preference and then try and allocate, many you are allotted early times because of loyalty status or suite perks want to board late and those with no status on their first few cruises want to board early.

Let's stick with corals.

I've got no problems with staggered checkins per se, but perhaps when booking they should ask for your preference and then try and allocate, many you are allotted early times because of loyalty status or suite perks want to board late and those with no status on their first few cruises want to board early.

Loyalty status gives you the option of arriving whenever you want within the boarding time period but they still suggest a time associated with your deck number.

E.g. On the last cruise, we had a suggested time of 12.30pm for deck 9 due to the staggering, we were diamond and arrived at 11.45am and went straight through.:D

Loyalty status gives you the option of arriving whenever you want within the boarding time period but they still suggest a time associated with your deck number.

E.g. On the last cruise, we had a suggested time of 12.30pm for deck 9 due to the staggering, we were diamond and arrived at 11.45am and went straight through.:D

I know that.

What I'm trying to say is that if we must have staggered times, and personally I've only had one cruise out of Sydney that we more than about a 15 minute wait, let people put in a preference before allocating them, simply allocating them on deck seems silly, I was to be honest using loyalty status etc as an example but many on a high deck might want to board at 3:30 but get an 11:30 time and so on.

But as I said I've never been on a cruise where I thought the delays were unreasonable and standing for a long time is an issue for me.

My last cruise our deck was about 1;00, but as we were in Concierge we were allowed on earlier as I was on a stick at the time, they pushed us up to the front where there were some seats and we were about 3rd couple to check in, If I hadn't gone looking for gbenjo would have been close to first on board, but that was worth it.

I know that.

What I'm trying to say is that if we must have staggered times, and personally I've only had one cruise out of Sydney that we more than about a 15 minute wait, let people put in a preference before allocating them, simply allocating them on deck seems silly, I was to be honest using loyalty status etc as an example but many on a high deck might want to board at 3:30 but get an 11:30 time and so on.

But as I said I've never been on a cruise where I thought the delays were unreasonable and standing for a long time is an issue for me.

My last cruise our deck was about 1;00, but as we were in Concierge we were allowed on earlier as I was on a stick at the time, they pushed us up to the front where there were some seats and we were about 3rd couple to check in, If I hadn't gone looking for gbenjo would have been close to first on board, but that was worth it.

I think that would be a night mare to run, especially as 75% of people would nominate 11.30am. At least now, they only enforce the staggered times when queues are getting long.:D

And Graham's service is worth waiting for.:cool:

I think that would be a night mare to run, especially as 75% of people would nominate 11.30am. At least now, they only enforce the staggered times when queues are getting long.:D

And Graham's service is worth waiting for.:cool:

Sure is, and we didn't even wait he was just finishing his set-up.

Wish I could go down and check him in and give him the same. ;)

I am sure his colleagues will do something special for him.:D

Thanks for the wrap guys, much appreciated, but I am working the morning we go on our Solstice cruise so I will check myself in ....... Don't want to miss out on the red carpet and my great service:D:D:D:D

Thanks for the wrap guys, much appreciated, but I am working the morning we go on our Solstice cruise so I will check myself in ....... Don't want to miss out on the red carpet and my great service:D:D:D:D

What about herself, is she just gunna sit around and wait while you work :confused:.

Seriously though Graham have a great cruise, my herself still talk about the special service she was telling some friends off Azamara the other night about it.

What about herself, is she just gunna sit around and wait while you work :confused:.

Seriously though Graham have a great cruise, my herself still talk about the special service she was telling some friends off Azamara the other night about it.

Thanks Geoff We are going to stay at the Holiday Inn just behind the terminal the night before so I will just duck off for the morning and I did tell "my herself" that she would not have any problem getting the bags down to the terminal on her own as it was not really hilly........anyway.... after they released me from the hospital:eek:... I decided I would get the bags myself and she can sit back have a leisurely breakfast and wander round the Rocks for an hour or two and meet up with our friends who are going with us and we will board about 1pm. Oh, by the way, it is Good Friday so it is double time:D:D