Attention Royal Caribbean Chefs

Trainman-2

Not going to try to quote every post I want to comment on...so just a few points;

I certain parts of the South this IS health food because if you serve the fake stuff RCI attempts to pass off as bisquits and gravy you just may get your south side (when walking north) beat reall good. :D

Just because something is on your plate does NOT mean you have to eat all of it. If the serving is too large...leave some of it on the plate (just sayin).

Wether something looks healthy or not is irrelevant to the point of the discussion. If a venue is going to serve something they should prepare it correctly. If you cannot prepare it correctly (be it this, a steak, Clam Chowder, etc.) then take it off your menu.

Most of us lucky enough to be born in Texas will tell you anyone from anyplace other than Texas is a "Yankee". You may get a pass if you are totin' good food (like someone from Louisiana carrying a huge pot of high quality Cajun food). :p

When someone says something looks good or delicious I actually expect it to look attractive.

Really? I have seen the escargot on the RCI ships many, many times. The tin serving dish and all the "herb butter" hardly looks attractive.

A Philly cheesesteak may not be the healthiest meal out there, but it isn't even in the same ballpark as that picture of................food? Is that even really "food"?

Ohhhh, what I would give for a good Philly cheesesteak. You just cannot get them in the south, they try but it just isn't the same.

DSCN0996_zps8e2e1aae.jpg

The photo above is of Biscuits & Gravy at the Chicken Pantry Restaurant in Bunnell, FL.

This is one of hundreds (perhaps thousands) of ways to prepare real Southern Biscuits & Gravy.

Unfortunately, the Royal Caribbean way does not even come close.

Note in the photo that the gravy is thick and can be eaten with a fork. Also note the large size and number of the sausage chunks.

The Biscuits & Gravy I had recently on the Vision of the Seas was more like soup than gravy and I really had to look to find tiny bits of sausage.

Come on Royal, you can do better if you want to!

Totally agree! This would be fabulous! We gave up even attempting to eat biscuits and gravy onboard! The gravy has always been watery with no taste and the biscuits were more like rocks than bread!

That looks absolutely delicious. I can feel my arteries clogging just looking at it. But dang, I'd love some right now.

Really, if they are going to attempt a traditonal dish like this, they should do it right, (cholesterol and all) or stick to making oatmeal.

Lol! True!

OP....forget the folks making negative comments here. They probably eat oyster "stuffing" rather than cornbread "dressing". Don't know what they are missing!!!lol! !