Must haves to bring on cruise...

TandK0826

My husband and two kids are leaving this Sunday on Freedom....yay!!!! Finally here!!!! This is my second cruise so I am not quite an expert yet on packing for the cruise, plus this is our first time bringing the kids. What are some must haves that I need to pack?????

Suntan lotion. Also, you might try searching for a packing list, and then decide which items you will need.

Have a great cruise!

Here is a thread with a packing list on it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=986205&highlight=packing+list

Edited by A Pisces
Add thread link

since electrical plugs are sparse in any stateroom.....an adapter plug with USB ports....allows for additional items to be plugged in and for charging electronics (phones/cameras/ipad/kindle) via the USB cord.

the plug i use has 4 additional outlets/plugs and 4 USB ports...cost me $18.00

a convenience must pack item for us.

LOVE my over the door hanger for the bathroom. I think some people use a shoe hanger but I actually have a small travel bag purchased at Walmart. Saves having little stuff all over the bathroom.

Also never leave home without my non-drowsy Dramamine....just in case. :)

Oh and a beach bag to tote my stuff back and forth to the pool deck!

Leaving in three days myself! Guess I better start packing tonight.

We always bring an assortment of basic meds/first aid stuff. Not that convenient or cheap to try to get stuff from the ship stores, or go to the ship Doc for simple things like foot blisters, sunburn, sea-sickness, stomach upset, sore back, cough, etc... Rarely a cruise goes by where we don't use something from that kit, and have even helped out other cruisers in need.

My husband and two kids are leaving this Sunday on Freedom....yay!!!! Finally here!!!! This is my second cruise so I am not quite an expert yet on packing for the cruise, plus this is our first time bringing the kids. What are some must haves that I need to pack?????

Small alarm clock, magnets to put compass on the wall. Also when we get our compass (daily schedule) I take a picture of the activities with my phone so that I won't forget activities on the ship I would like to do.

Pack your suitcase then take half the clothing out. That's about how much clothing you will actually go through :D.

Hmmm…let me think about what my must pack items usually are.

Dry erase markers

Used to leave notes for room steward , or notes for each other on the mirror. No worry about post-its or paper notes getting lost. Last cruise we had a hilarious time communicating with the room steward through messages and pictures left for each other.

Medicine

I used to pack everything under the sun until we realized that usually outside the infirmary there are little machines that dispense most of those medications for .25 cents or so. No need to buy outrageously priced items in the gift shop. I do bring a bottle of Non-drowzy Dramamine & anti-itch bug cream in a little container. Helps with Sand flea bites.

Hair Conditioner

The shampoo/ Body Wash combo stuff they provide makes my hair feel like straw so I need a trusty conditioner from home.

Disposable rain poncho’s or cheap compact umbrella from the dollar store

If it rains you can still wander around port and not get soaked or pay crazy gift shop prices once again.

Nightlight

For the Obvious reasons

Edited by vacation_junkie

I also bring copies of our passports.

Edited by gumboroux

Small alarm clock, magnets to put compass on the wall. Also when we get our compass (daily schedule) I take a picture of the activities with my phone so that I won't forget activities on the ship I would like to do.

We bring magnets as well. We usually leave them behind for the crew. They appreciate them for tacking up pictures and stuff in their stateroom afterwards.