BOGOHO Sale Extended Again!!!!

socialsea

Just received an e-mail from Royal Caribbean stating "3 ways to save" sale is being extended till October 1, 2014. Come on RCCL, enough already. I couldn't wait till September 15, when the sale was suppose to be done, to see if the prices were any cheaper. Now I have to wait till October 1st. I sure don't see any deals out there under this promotion.

I was annoyed as well. I have been waiting to check the prices from the travel agency once the sale was over. I already booked and wanted to see if it was worth rebooking.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Edited by sauvichick

What I find most amusing is that the Oasis JS for 8/15 I booked back in July under BOGOHO for just over $5k, is now over $7500. They've jacked up the base price per person up so much, now it's like the sale that really isn't a sale at all.

Just received an e-mail from Royal Caribbean stating "3 ways to save" sale is being extended till October 1, 2014. Come on RCCL, enough already. I couldn't wait till September 15, when the sale was suppose to be done, to see if the prices were any cheaper. Now I have to wait till October 1st. I sure don't see any deals out there under this promotion.

Last time this sale ended the prices went up considerably and stayed up until this sale came back again, so be careful what you wish for.

Oh well, in Finland they are advertising this current offer is valid for reservations until Oct 31st. So you'll likely see a months extention again.

I wish I am wrong and there is a typo on Finnish RCCL.fi website.

This is NOT a sale. It's creative marketing but unfortunately people that are not seasoned cruisers are believing that it is a sale. Jacking up the price per person then doubling it then giving you 'half' off the 2nd person is not a sale.:mad:

I'm booking after final payment again, that's where any bargains with RC truly lie. At this point, I'm also looking at other cruise lines. I'm so over this mess.

:rolleyes:

One thing these extensions do is effectively block anyone from using VISA reward points for anything other than OBC. Called the rewards line yesterday to see if I could apply points to reduce the cost of a cruise booked with BOGO, and the answer was that I could only use them for OBC unless they eliminated the BOGO price and re-priced the cruise at the undiscounted rate.:(

One thing these extensions do is effectively block anyone from using VISA reward points for anything other than OBC. Called the rewards line yesterday to see if I could apply points to reduce the cost of a cruise booked with BOGO, and the answer was that I could only use them for OBC unless they eliminated the BOGO price and re-priced the cruise at the undiscounted rate.:(

I was just thinking about that same thing the other day and was wondering if they had changed that rule since the sale is never ending.

I guess not;)

Hadn't realized that, thanks for the heads up.

What a joke. Booked the Navigator for November next year for three of us. When I look at the details I see the refund for the 3rd person. So 3rd person is free! In the bizarro world maybe. When I go back and book only 2 people its $300 cheaper. Third person free? My rear end it is. Only reason we booked the NOS was to hold the cruise so the price would go no higher. Hoping that if the sale ever ends we can get a lower price.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

I just posted on another thread where a poster could get a BW balcony for the same as an inside, by using bogoho and changing their cruise date by 6 weeks or so. So if you have not looked/compared every cruise and ship rci has then.......

Maybe we all should just start threads for every cruise we have not booked because of price with a disclaimer that we have not looked at all prices on all the ships:rolleyes:

Edited by setsail

What I find most amusing is that the Oasis JS for 8/15 I booked back in July under BOGOHO for just over $5k, is now over $7500. They've jacked up the base price per person up so much, now it's like the sale that really isn't a sale at all.

Where are you seeing that? I just did a fake booking and it showed a JS on Aug 15 for $1999 pp. :confused:

Where are you seeing that? I just did a fake booking and it showed a JS on Aug 15 for $1999 pp. :confused:

I just did it and it shows me $2774pp for a JS using BOGOHO. Maybe they are giving us all different prices. :eek:

They claim the regular price is $3699pp for a JS. Like anyone in their right mind would ever pay that much pp for a JS. I wouldn't pay half that much oo for a JS. So obviously there's no chance I'd pay the current $2774 pp. I wouldn't even pay your $1999 pp. Not a chance. That's far too much for a JS on OA or AL for a week.

Gina

I just did it and it shows me $2774pp for a JS using BOGOHO. Maybe they are giving us all different prices. :eek:

They claim the regular price is $3699pp for a JS. Like anyone in their right mind would ever pay that much pp for a JS. I wouldn't pay half that much oo for a JS. So obviously there's no chance I'd pay the current $2774 pp. I wouldn't even pay your $1999 pp. Not a chance. That's far too much for a JS on OA or AL for a week.

Gina

Agree with you Gina. I finally found a reasonable price ($1278) for a JS on Oasis during BOGOHO1, so booked it.