Royal Caribbean trademarks 5 new names

DonnaK

As the guy usually shot down in "what do we name this product" meetings while a name gets approved that later attracts funny faces from customers or come back to bite us later...

I'm good with Ovation, Harmony, Passion and Spectrum. RCL would be wise to look at he Essence suggestion also added in unless someone else snapped that one up. I do have a little skittishness about Passion as it was mentioned in a prior thread it would lead to a shorthand name of POS for that ship. Don't want to go there.

Not as good with the others. I especially don't like Apex because I think it would require too much explanation.

And if Celebrity doesn't want Zenith anymore, Zenith of the Seas works.:D

I go back to what I said on the Oasis class though. The Freedom class had names the complemented each other, likewise the Voyager class. You know the ship name and can tell if it's in one of those two classes. Vision and Radiance aren't so 'familial.'

As the guy usually shot down in "what do we name this product" meetings while a name gets approved that later attracts funny faces from customers or come back to bite us later...

I'm good with Ovation, Harmony, Passion and Spectrum. RCL would be wise to look at he Essence suggestion also added in unless someone else snapped that one up. I do have a little skittishness about Passion as it was mentioned in a prior thread it would lead to a shorthand name of POS for that ship. Don't want to go there.

Not as good with the others. I especially don't like Apex because I think it would require too much explanation.

And if Celebrity doesn't want Zenith anymore, Zenith of the Seas works.:D

I go back to what I said on the Oasis class though. The Freedom class had names the complemented each other, likewise the Voyager class. You know the ship name and can tell if it's in one of those two classes. Vision and Radiance aren't so 'familial.'

I agree with your points. It took ages for people to stop asking us why we called our shed business Apex Sheds, people didn't understand what apex meant. To me it was obvious but clearly it wasn't!

Where did you hear this?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2070989&highlight=flee

Look at the 6th post.Iit has a very official looking banner Introducing Norwegian Flee. Like Getaway, Breakaway, Flee. If you read the whole thread, it was all extremely serious. I made a wisecrack about the name and everyone ignored me. I will admit to being very gullible at times so maybe it is a joke, but it fits NCL's theme names!

Lauri

I think RCI is very deliberate with the tactic of reserving many names just so that they can also confuse other Cruise Lines that like to use similar names. I thought it was crazy that Carnival decided to re-name Destiny to Sunshine. The timing seemed to be right after RCI's Sunshine Class (now Quantum Class). RCI is smart and thus would not follow the same path to name a ship "Destiny of the Seas".

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2070989&highlight=flee

Look at the 6th post.Iit has a very official looking banner Introducing Norwegian Flee. Like Getaway, Breakaway, Flee. If you read the whole thread, it was all extremely serious. I made a wisecrack about the name and everyone ignored me. I will admit to being very gullible at times so maybe it is a joke, but it fits NCL's theme names!

Lauri

Maybe it was meant to read "Fleet" and not "Flee". By the way that photo is Norwegian Escape.

Maybe it was meant to read "Fleet" and not "Flee". By the way that photo is Norwegian Escape.

I hope you are right! Maybe someone was being funny and I took it seriously? Like I said, I can be gullible! Flee would be an awful name! I read the whole thread again. Nobody else seemed bothered by the picture or even mentioned it or my comment which made me think it really was true! Wait and see, I guess...

Lauri

When I saw Spectrum of the Seas I actually read it as Rectum of the Seas :eek:

LOL That gave me a really good cleansing laugh!!!! :D:D

If I saw a ship called Norwegian Flee....I'd think the ship was trying to run away from something...Breakaway and Getaway have different connotations than Flee.....hard workers need breakaways and getaways.....fugitives need to Flee!!!

:D