Labadee suite perks, please

39august

I used the seach feature but didn't find what I want. A few weeks ago, some people posted that the float mats on Labadee at Barefoot Beach (the Gold card only beach) are not complimentary anymore. Can anyone confirm or deny? Also, does anyone have the link to the list of suite perks at Barefoot beach? I searched here for that, as I know it was posted at least once, but nothing showed up on that search. Or can anyone point me to the RCI site that lists those perks, please?

The only suite perks I'm aware of at Labadee are access to Barefoot Beach and the upgraded lunch buffet. Can't confirm the issue with the floating mats. I believe there are additional perks that come with a cabana.

Was in a suite on the Explorer this past July.

We did not have a cabana and had no problem getting floating mats.

The upgraded lunch for suite guest was a special lunch at Dragons Breath Cafe.

We had lobster; bacon wrapped scallops ,shrimp skewers, shish kabobs chicken, deserts and an open bar. We had the Captain and just about all of the Senior Officers join us. So for those of us in a suite it was a total surprise as we never expected this type of upgraded lunch.

Which continued that night with a special dinner

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by Tony O

Wow! That was a special lunch! We have been to Barefoot beach several times in GS's and have always used the complimentary float mats. I would be very unhappy to have to pay for them. We used to get lobster tails and shrimp, but last couple of years these have disaapeared and we always ate at the Barefoot beach dining area, never at Dragon's Breath. We will be there in Jan. on Indy. Hope for free mats and that same lunch!

I used the seach feature but didn't find what I want. A few weeks ago, some people posted that the float mats on Labadee at Barefoot Beach (the Gold card only beach) are not complimentary anymore. Can anyone confirm or deny? Also, does anyone have the link to the list of suite perks at Barefoot beach? I searched here for that, as I know it was posted at least once, but nothing showed up on that search. Or can anyone point me to the RCI site that lists those perks, please?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSiteletSub.do?pagename=sub_labadee_barefoot_beach&pagenameMain=labadee&discriminators=3

That is the link to the perks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When we rented a cabana at Barefoot beach we were pleased to find that the cabanas had electrical outlets so we could charge our iPads. Small perk but definitely handy!

When we rented a cabana at Barefoot beach we were pleased to find that the cabanas had electrical outlets so we could charge our iPads. Small perk but definitely handy!

Nice feature.:) They don't have power in the cabanas at Coco Cay.

I copied the email that we just received from the Concierge for our Freedom cruise in two days.

Dear Suite Guests,

My name is Rahul and I will be your Concierge onboard the Freedom of the Seas. We are excited that you have chosen Royal Caribbean for your cruise vacation.

As a Concierge Club guest, you will be offered amenities and services not available to other guests onboard. Upon boarding, you will receive a folder with more detailed information about the Concierge Club. Below is a brief summary of your amenities:

Use of the Concierge Club lounge located on Deck # 10.

Spa bathrobes for your use onboard & upgraded bathroom amenities

Continental breakfast served in the lounge daily from 8:00 am to 10:00 am.

Hors d’oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup in the lounge every evening before and after dinner from 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm.

Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering for your dinner wine.

Reservations for any of our Specialty Restaurants, Explorations (reservation can be made when you get onboard) Freedom Day Spa services.

Personalized Port & Shopping guide advice.

Reserved Lounge chairs set-up on Deck 13 above the Sky Bar ( limited sitting arrangement - no reservation required).

VIP access for the Shows in the Arcadia Theatre Deck 4 as well as for "FREEDOM-ICE.COM" Ice Show.(No reservations required) Just present your Gold SeaPass card, 25 minutes prior.

Complimentary pressing service on the first formal night (one set per guest only)

Priority departure for tendering ports from 8:00 am to 10:00 am, please meet in the Concierge Lounge deck #10.

DVDs, PS3 Games and CDs for your use while onboard (see the Concierge during desk hours)

Breakfast is served & seats are reserved for lunch in Portofinos Speciality Restaurant (Breakfast hours on Sea days 8am to 10am and on Port days 7:30am to 9:30am) (please see service Portofino personnel for guidelines)

Complimentary luggage valet & onboard check-in service (application form will be delivered in your suite)

Salon & Spa appointments (Not available on line) shore excursions and some of our other services often sell out. Therefore, it is recommended that these be booked in advance either through the Royal Caribbean website at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/home.do or if you prefer, by emailing me and I will make the reservations for you. Once the reservations are made, I will send you an email confirming the details. If you have any further requests please do not hesitate to contact me.

The Concierge Club is a private lounge reserved for guests staying in the Royal Suite, Owner Suites, Grand Suites and Presidential Suite only. Due to the availability of alcoholic beverages in the evening, guests 20 years and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire, no shorts during evening cocktails & footwear is required at all times.) The lounge has been designated a smoke-free area.

I look forward to welcoming you.

P.S. the file attach are the menu for the Spa.

Labadee has advantages too!!!!!

As a special VIP guest, we are pleased to offer you access to the Barefoot Beach Club & cabanas, a private beach located on Labadee. Located on Barefoot Bay, this exclusive experience is only available to our suite guests with gold colored Seapass cards – Simply show your Seapass card to the Island Concierge at the entrance.

The Barefoot Beach Club & Cabanas offers complimentary non-motorized water sports equipment (floating mats & snorkeling equipment) in addition to an upgraded lunch menu and service from Suite Beach Attendants.

For the ultimate way to relax in luxury, why not reserve one of the cabanas for the day? Featuring beautiful views and dedicated Cabana Attendant service, the 24 cabanas at Barefoot Beach Club are a not to be missed experience. Please check the attach file for more details. Please ensure to email back your cabana preference 1st option and 2nd option and it will be confirmed once you get onboard.

The Barefoot Beach Club & Cabanas are located on the private island destination of Labadee. This exclusive beach, available only to the top suite guests and those guests renting cabanas, offers VIP service and amenities to enhance the vacation experience of these valued guests.

For this Western Caribbean Cruise we offer to you a Cabana in Labadee.

We have 24 cabanas available in Labadee below you will see the categories:

OverWater Cabana $ 250.00 - (Only 6 available)

HillTop Cabana $ 225.00 - (Only 5 available)

WaterFront Cabana $ 225.00 (Only 2 available)

Standard Cabana $ 175.00 (Only 9 available)

Cabana charges are per cabana and not per person.

Cabanas hold up to 6 guests only.

When reserving a cabana it is reserved for you the entire day in Labadee.

Cabanas reserved are only for you and your family or friends use only, remember they only hold up to 6 guests.

If you are interested in reserving a Cabana please let us know as soon as possible as there are limited cabanas as we have 36 suites.

Please also note that when reserving a cabana, no shows will still be charged.

Best Regards

Rahul Barua

Concierge

Freedom of the Seas

Royal Caribbean International

Dect Phone # 8903

• 3 months later...

For those of you who have been to Barefoot Beach.... How shaded is the beach? Nellie's beach has a lot of shade trees, and a cool breeze. My husband always struggles which sun exposure at the beach unless we can find a shade with some kind of breeze? Is this possible on Barefoot beach or do we need to rent a cabana or just go to Nellie's....Thanks for any info

For those of you who have been to Barefoot Beach.... How shaded is the beach? Nellie's beach has a lot of shade trees, and a cool breeze. My husband always struggles which sun exposure at the beach unless we can find a shade with some kind of breeze? Is this possible on Barefoot beach or do we need to rent a cabana or just go to Nellie's....Thanks for any info

In the area farther from the water, there is shade. There are also umbrellas, but not enough for everyone.

If you get a cabana, you will be assured of shade.

They took the free mats away this summer. The only way you get a free mat in barefoot beach is with a cabana. We were pretty annoyed that you had to pay for the floats. We have sailed 4 times since July and all 4 times you had to pay for floats.

• 2 weeks later...

I was there in October, and basically had to to Denzil (welcoming suite guests into Barefoot beach) and he had to get us mats. The staff refused to because we did not have a cabana. That was one reason we loved having a suite for Labadee 😞

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mats in Labadee . . .had similar experience on the Allure in December. Our concierge told me that the mats are not available for "free" for suite guests anymore and the place where I saw it on their website was old and outdated. He eventually got me a mat for free.

When we got home I sent the link to that page to RCI so they could remove it to avoid confusion for other suite guests. I received a phone call from RCI telling me the mats are still available for free but I should have reserved it through the concierge before coming to the island. I did not argue with him even though he obviously was making this up as he spoke.

So RCI, which is it. Are the $16 floats included in the cost of a suite or not? It's a petty topic and I'm certain RCI doesn't want to appear petty with folks that can could spend up to 10K a week for a suite.

Here's the link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSiteletSub.do?pagename=sub_labadee_barefoot_beach&pagenameMain=labadee&discriminators=3

Edited by CruiseKeeper