Oasis early departure from FLL

harry0

This might be old news but I just received this from Royal. My guess is Port Everglades schedule change.

Any one know for sure?

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We are contacting you regarding a change to the upcoming sailings of the Oasis of the Seas.

Please be advised that the Caribbean and Transatlantic sailings departing between November 15, 2014 and April 30, 2016 will depart from Fort Lauderdale, Florida at 4:30 PM. All passengers must be checked in by 3:30 PM.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Oasis of the Seas.

Edited by harry0

This might be old news but I just received this from Royal. My guess is Port Everglades schedule change.

Any one know for sure?

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We are contacting you regarding a change to the upcoming sailings of the Oasis of the Seas.

Please be advised that the Caribbean and Transatlantic sailings departing between November 15, 2014 and April 30, 2016 will depart from Fort Lauderdale, Florida at 4:30 PM. All passengers must be checked in by 3:30 PM.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Oasis of the Seas.

Interesting as this suggests that Oasis will be doing a transatlantic in 2016

Probably because that 90 minute rule is an urban legend

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Many lines do require that everyone be checked in 90 minutes prior to departure. From what I understand, DHS requires final passenger manifests 60 minutes prior to departure.

Opposite situation on Freedom today. Not boarding until at least noon and maybe 2:00. Wife is on B2B and they were told between noon and one, others have been told 2:00. :(

Not so bad after all. B2B went back on just after 11

Any one know for sure?

I received a similar message on Thursday but for Allure of the Seas cruise in December 2015. Departure time changed to 4:30PM instead of 5:00PM.

I'm sorry but I just don't see why this seems to be an issue for people on this board? Judging from the number of these threads lately, one of two things is happening:

~ RCI is sending out random, incorrect e-mails telling pax their scheduled departure is now 30 minutes sooner when it's not - or -

~ The scheduled departure of some voyages is now 30 minutes sooner.

Having said that, I'd really like to assume everyone is onboard anyway and it doesn't matter? I mean, unless you are flying in the day of the cruise and do NOT have this 30 minutes to spare (in which case, I am afraid for you), why does this matter? No offense intended to the starters of these threads - just don't get the "fuss" or issue. :confused:

I'm sorry but I just don't see why this seems to be an issue for people on this board? Judging from the number of these threads lately, one of two things is happening:

~ RCI is sending out random, incorrect e-mails telling pax their scheduled departure is now 30 minutes sooner when it's not - or -

~ The scheduled departure of some voyages is now 30 minutes sooner.

Having said that, I'd really like to assume everyone is onboard anyway and it doesn't matter? I mean, unless you are flying in the day of the cruise and do NOT have this 30 minutes to spare (in which case, I am afraid for you), why does this matter? No offense intended to the starters of these threads - just don't get the "fuss" or issue. :confused:

Curiosity, that's all. I am one of those thread starters and stated in my thread that it did not impact us...was just curious what the reasoning was. When there were propulsion problems there were changes to departure and arrival times. No fuss, no issue.