Classic Beverage Package & Dining question

cruising00

We have the classic beverage package as part of our upcoming cruise on the Summit. We were wondering what wine was available in the MDR and in Blu that would be included in the package. We enjoy red wine with dinner and are concerned that none will be available at the price cap included in the plan. I have searched for menus and bar menus to see what the pricing is for drinks including beer and can't find any current menus or price lists. I am afraid that very few options will be available throughout the ship that meet the price caps. I wish Celebrity would make current menus available on their website. We really don't drink much so it really isn't worth it to upgrade to premium. Any info would be appreciated.

Well, the sommelier chooses wines to go with dinner each night. He will see from your card that you have the classic package and offer you choices. If you are not happy, you can either pay full price by the glass or upgrade to the premium package, which you can do onboard for at least a couple of days and pay for the remainder. Wine is very subjective -- many posters have said that they are content with the choices on the classic package, but that doesn't mean that you will be. My advice is to wait until your cruise and then decide whether you'll be satisfied.

We are in the same situation. We are in AQ and have the classic package. We aren't upgrading because, with the exception of wine, we are fine with the choices. When is your sailing? We sail on October 25 - I can report back if you are after that date.

You are also allowed to take 2 bottles of wine on board. Just fill you wine glass prior to dining and walk in with it. They won't know if it is yours or from another bar.

Drink up 🍸🍺🍻

Cruising00 & galavant3, here is a list of wines by the glass available in the MDR. It shows which are included in which drinks package. The prices include the service charge as its from the Eclipse out of the UK this spring, after the price increases.

6ac53ac4e865cef3c35cef6a5c60ebe9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have the classic beverage package as part of our upcoming cruise on the Summit. We were wondering what wine was available in the MDR and in Blu that would be included in the package. We enjoy red wine with dinner and are concerned that none will be available at the price cap included in the plan. I have searched for menus and bar menus to see what the pricing is for drinks including beer and can't find any current menus or price lists. I am afraid that very few options will be available throughout the ship that meet the price caps. I wish Celebrity would make current menus available on their website. We really don't drink much so it really isn't worth it to upgrade to premium. Any info would be appreciated.

There is plenty of choice, just ask the sommelier which ones you can have on your classic package.:D

We had the Classic package on our recent Reflection cruise. We realised after a couple of days that the wine list we were given in the dining room did not include all classic package wine available and that we were able to order wine that only appeared on the list in one of the bars we frequented.

Best advice is to speak with the sommelier.

Thanks for all of your responses. We are in Aqua class so we plan on eating in Blu. I assume that all these wines are available there too? I am fine with these selections.

We ate in Blu. The Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot ver very good. However, I didn't like the Chardonnay, too oaky for me. Then I discovered a Chardonnay in Rendezvous on the classic pkg that I liked. The sommelier got it for me. Just wish I had found it earlier on. So do try lots of wines around the ship. Then ask if they can have a bottle sent to Blu. If you ask after dinner for the next night I am sure it won't be a problem.

We ate in Blu. The Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot ver very good. However, I didn't like the Chardonnay, too oaky for me. Then I discovered a Chardonnay in Rendezvous on the classic pkg that I liked. The sommelier got it for me. Just wish I had found it earlier on. So do try lots of wines around the ship. Then ask if they can have a bottle sent to Blu. If you ask after dinner for the next night I am sure it won't be a problem.

As mentioned, any wine from around the ship, can be brought to the MDR or Blu.:D

IMPORTANT NOTE

Although Celebrity has a Master Wine List

(I posted the one from 2012 here on CC = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1566983 ) **

Due to a variety of reasons... Availability of Wines can differ from Ship to Ship, or even Cruise to Cruise (because of where in the world the Ship is - Restocking - Customer Consumption & Preferences)

This is particularly so when it comes to Bevvy Pkgs (Classic or Premium) and offerings by the glass

Therefore the lists that others have published in this thread are Wines specific to a particular Ship & Sailing, so ay not be the same on your particular cruise

Cheers!

** PS... I hope to have the Current Master Wine List available here on CC in early 2015, after my upcoming December Cruise

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

We have just arrived back from the Infinity, frankly, what one can and can't have seems to entirely down to the person serving!

In some bars, my partner could have a certain wine, others not so, the staff simply make their own minds up, as there is a list above, best print it out and take with you.

`This was a constant bone of contention with all of our new friends and us, Celebrity should sort it out immediately and also improve the number of bar staff serving.

We have just arrived back from the Infinity, frankly, what one can and can't have seems to entirely down to the person serving!

In some bars, my partner could have a certain wine, others not so, the staff simply make their own minds up, as there is a list above, best print it out and take with you.

`This was a constant bone of contention with all of our new friends and us, Celebrity should sort it out immediately and also improve the number of bar staff serving.

We've found that they don't stock all wines in all bars or dining rooms. Some bars have a very limited selection of wines. Some servers will go get you a wine they don't carry from another bar if it is slow enough that they have time to do this without reducing service to other customers but you can not count on this.

While the list in the post above might be very informative, the selection of wines does change a bit from cruise to cruise so you can not count on the exact same wines being available on all cruises. The price of wines occasionally changes as well due to changes in supply cost, so a wine that falls within a package limit now might not be in the future if Celebrity's cost for the wine increases.

Edited by Lsimon

Easier just to say , 'what wine can I have with the XX package?' and go from there.:D