Opening balcony walls

milodoc

I'm traveling on oasis in November. We have 2 rooms, but we were unable to get connecting rooms. Will they still open the balcony between the rooms if we ask? It would make going to other room much more convenient.

I'm traveling on oasis in November. We have 2 rooms, but we were unable to get connecting rooms. Will they still open the balcony between the rooms if we ask? It would make going to other room much more convenient.

The balcony dividers can be opened, but it's up to the ship's management if they will allow it.

We were on the Allure in June and had 3 balconies all next to one another, nome of which were connecting. Our stateroom attendant had no problem opening the balcony doors for us.

That's been my experience too. Not personally, but knowing others who are travelling with family or friends and want a larger/longer balcony.

I would like to know why they would refuse such a request. Anybody have any insight?:confused:

While most dividers will open (makes it easy for the deck gang to wash the doors on turn around day), those that separate two cabins that are in different fire zones will not be allowed to be opened during the cruise. It is also up to the Captain how many total dividers, and where, he allows to be opened, again as fire boundaries. This all stems from the Princess ship fire a few years ago, where the fire jumped fire zones by travelling down the balconies. You can determine where the fire zones are by the passageway doors.

Great question, I've been wondering this myself.

We are sailing on the Adventure and have connecting rooms, they are on the aft. Do they open those balcony walls?

If so who would we ask?

Do you need to ask in advance?

Thank you!!

~Anna

Great question, I've been wondering this myself.

We are sailing on the Adventure and have connecting rooms, they are on the aft. Do they open those balcony walls?

If so who would we ask?

Do you need to ask in advance?

Thank you!!

~Anna

No balcony dividers open on Adventure.

No balcony dividers open on Adventure.

Ah, that figures :rolleyes:

at least we have connecting cabins, sense our reservations are not linked (made at different times) do I just have the cabin attendant open the doors after we board? Or do we need to contact someone before hand?

Thanks for your help :)

Ah, that figures :rolleyes:

at least we have connecting cabins, sense our reservations are not linked (made at different times) do I just have the cabin attendant open the doors after we board? Or do we need to contact someone before hand?

Thanks for your help :)

The stateroom attendant will take care of it.

I'm assuming the cabins are next to each other. I had a vision of you strolling through someone else's balcony to get to companion. :o

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

It hadn't occurred to me that this wouldn't be possible. We're on the Freedom- with connecting rooms- are those dividers able to be opened (if allowed)? Thanks!

Yes, except for the staterooms facing directly aft.