Giovanni's Table Question

sed610

Hi All,

My husband and I will be on the Allure October 19th and plan to have lunch at Giovanni's Table right after embarking.

I have seen the menus. My husband isn't that interested in any of the appetizers (yes picky, I know!!)

My question is, are you able to order a pasta and an entree? Maybe even getting the pasta as an appetizer size? I am just trying to consider if we will really get our money's worth.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My experience is on Oasis on embarkation day - they were very accommodating as to the orders. I don't think you will have a problem at all. Perhaps if you ordered several appetizers and then tried to order two main courses - but that doesn't seem like the case here.

Someone in our group was able to order one of the "for two" appetizers for just one person, for example. So I don't think it will be a problem to get an appetizer portion of a pasta.

And, by the way - just ask before they seat you. If they say it's a problem you still have your choice for lunch elsewhere. :)

Edited by MattInFLL

Will it be open on embarkation day? I was told that Brilliance will not have theirs open that day.

Depends on the ship. It's open on emabarkation day for lunch on Oasis and Allure.

Thanks everyone.

Upon searching online, I found quite a few reviews where the person got Lasagna and then the waiter also suggested the veal meatballs. However, I could see my husband getting the lasagna and then also wanting to try the steak :) We are on vacation after all!

We had lunch at Giovanni's on the Allure last month - and we definitely got our money's worth, plus we loved everything we ordered. We restrained ourselves and ordered one appetizer each and one entree each, and skipped dessert, but it WAS tempting when our waitress offered us to order something more.

The waiter was very accommodating to a couple seated next to us (who gave us advice and described everything they ordered). They each ordered appetizers designed for two and told the waiter they also wanted a pasta dish that would complement their appetizer and sure enough a few minutes later a plate of pasta appeared. Following by several entree's and desserts. Seriously, that friendly couple ordered and ate about three times what we were able to manage😜

A tidbit of information our waitress offered up regarding the lasagna (which is only on the menu for lunch); she said the chef always makes extra lasagna so the early dinner guests who request it can get lasagna until they run out.

Hi All,

My husband and I will be on the Allure October 19th and plan to have lunch at Giovanni's Table right after embarking.

I have seen the menus. My husband isn't that interested in any of the appetizers (yes picky, I know!!)

My question is, are you able to order a pasta and an entree? Maybe even getting the pasta as an appetizer size? I am just trying to consider if we will really get our money's worth.

Thanks in advance!

Yes! You'll be able to do these things. Giovanni's is VERY accommodating to your wishes! :)

LuLu

• 3 months later...
Will it be open on embarkation day? I was told that Brilliance will not have theirs open that day.

I just sailed on Brilliance 1/17, and I believe they were having the consecutive cruiser's lunch in Giovianni's on embarkation day.

Giovanni's menu sounds really good. Think we're going to have to try it in April. Haven't sailed RCI yet, so haven't had the pleasure of dining at Portofino's or Giovanni's, so wouldn't be able to compare them, but we do love Italian food. Their menu looks more appealing than Chops' does. Not to say that Chops' food isn't great, but Chops' looked kind of blah compared to Giovanni's. Well, maybe we'll just have to try both then!

• 1 month later...

Good morning,

Sick with bronchitis for the fourth time in five months (rough winter here in the greater Philadelphia region, but I assume that others have had worse), so I called in sick from work this morning for the second day in a row.

My girlfriend and I will be sailing on the Grandeur April 28 from Baltimore. We have booked our shore excursions--one for San Juan and one for St. Maarten--as well as Chops Grille for the San Juan night.

What is the general opinion on Giovanni's Table for lunch or dinner? Thank you.

Jim

We love the lasagna at Giovanni's Table and on Navigator they only serve it for lunch. We were so stuffed from eating here that the waiter suggested that we have our desert of two cannolis to go. He put them in a package for us.

Well worth the price.