Cafe al Bacio

scotto1970

What time does it open?

Just off Silhouette - Depends on port. Usually it opens 7:00 am but if ships docks/tender in 7 am (like Santorini), it was opened in 6:30 am

Edited by cruza

Is the classic beverage package accepted there?

Can you get a decent cup of tea and coffee with the package?

Yes, they have an excellent selection of Tea Forte. It is served in a small teapot with a cup on the side so you can steep as little or as much as you like. They also have some unique iced teas which are fresh brewed and served over a pitcher of ice.

As well, if you like "just coffee" (not lattes or cappicinos or capafrapamochachinomachiatos), try an Americano (2 shots of espresso and then the remainder of the cup is filled with hot water - if you find that too strong - you can get an Americano with only 1 shot of espresso). You can get milk or cream (and sugar / sugar substitutes) on the side and end up with a regular style cup of coffee much better than what is available at the buffet, dining room or through room service.

You are all making me hungry! LOL.

We were on the Solstice in September and Cafe al Bacio was open at 7am, or as others have pointed out, earlier if there was an early port of call. We frequented the location MULTIPLE times a day for coffee and sweets. Probably the best bakery we have ever experienced on a cruise ship.

Just a reminder of the deliciousness!

318.jpg?resize=456%2C684

Bon Appetite!

Cheesecake, eclair, and ???

We went often for the afternoon cakes - never went for breakfast, will have to try those blueberry muffins.

They often made a dulce de leche cake with the most delicious creamy merengue all over it. I'd ask for a corner piece and yum that all off.

Lovely, get down for an early morning latte before everyone begins to stir

Or reserve your seat because later in the day it will be impossible to get a seat (worse than finding a sunbed) as people use it as a reading room and never move on. Weve done two trips on Eclipse and to date not been able to find a seat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is the classic beverage package accepted there?

Can you get a decent cup of tea and coffee with the package?

yes, your classic drink pkg works there. Also in late afternoon they usually have great mini-sandwiches in additional to the pastries. Makes a lovely snack especially if you have late dining.

yes, your classic drink pkg works there. Also in late afternoon they usually have great mini-sandwiches in additional to the pastries. Makes a lovely snack especially if you have late dining.

I think they've done away with those mini-sandwiches, at least on the M-Class. Moved the afternoon Tea snacks to the Aqua Spa Café.

I want to say it was some kind of Cafe De leche Cake. My memory is a bit foggy as I ate too many desserts during the week!

The donuts were also incredible! They are nice and small, so it does not sound too bad when you say you had a few donuts for breakfast. Or second breakfast!

Tres leches (three milks) cakes are YUM!