Four people one Cabin/Oasis information.

I cannot imagine where you store clothes and toiletries for 4 adults in one of those cabins unless all 4 of you can do a week of traveling with a bare minimum of stuff. It gets tight with 2 for a week. I would rather do 2 interior cabins than 4 to anything smaller than a Jr Suite.

I agree..2 interior connecting. Then you both have your privacy. 2 bathrooms and you have the connecting rooms should you wish to visit one another.

I understand that you are really only in your stateroom to sleep and when the sofa is upright you can manage with 4 people fine. BUT Storage is a big concern. Considering the closet space is VERY limited. This is all you get!!

348m161.jpg

You would need to be very light packers ;)

Edited by vacation_junkie

If you have to have 4 adults in one cabin, at least pick one out that has two Pullman beds along with the main bed. That way. You still get floor space. The sofa bed is good for 2 children or one adult.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately there are no balcony cabins on Oasis with 2 Pullman beds. In fact there are only a very few interior cabins with this option other than some of the suites.

I would agree with others that if you must travel with 4 in a cabin the most comfortable way would be with one of the balconies with one Pullman and a sofa bed.

Why would someone do this?

Well, we've booked a OV on Vision at the start of the 3rd and 4th free deal. We are paying a total of less than $1,500 (excluding tips) for all 4 of us for a week. We will have 2 Pullmans.

We know it will be crowded for the me, DW, DD and DS (kids are adult aged). But, we don't really spend much time in the cabin other than to sleep and get cleaned up for dinner.

Do we expect it to be crowded? Yes. But for the price, we'll deal with it. And no, we don't want to rebook and spend money on a bigger cabin.

I do agree, the Pullmans will make it a bit more bearable for us compared to a sofa bed. We are avoiding the sofa bed. For an upgrade on Vision, we don't want to be in a suite under the pool deck/windjammer. There are no balconies that show having 2 pullmans

Why would someone do this?

Well, we've booked a OV on Vision at the start of the 3rd and 4th free deal. We are paying a total of less than $1,500 (excluding tips) for all 4 of us for a week. We will have 2 Pullmans.

We know it will be crowded for the me, DW, DD and DS (kids are adult aged). But, we don't really spend much time in the cabin other than to sleep and get cleaned up for dinner.

Do we expect it to be crowded? Yes. But for the price, we'll deal with it. And no, we don't want to rebook and spend money on a bigger cabin.

I do agree, the Pullmans will make it a bit more bearable for us compared to a sofa bed. We are avoiding the sofa bed. For an upgrade on Vision, we don't want to be in a suite under the pool deck/windjammer. There are no balconies that show having 2 pullmans

Agreed! We have two Pullman on our next cruise. I tried getting a bigger cabin but my parents didn't want to spend the extra $1200 for an outside cabin for only 10 square feet more......

We have always traveled with 4 to a room with my family and have been comfortable in one room. We had to plan a little ahead though especially on embarkation day when I would unpack for everyone with no one else in the room since I honestly had no room for an extra body with 4 big suitcases to unpack. Then there were times when room service came in with breakfast and there was was no where to put the trays. Those kinds of things were annoying but definitely do-able. However, this was not 4 adults, but 2 adults and 2 kids which I think makes a difference. My kids were small and could fit together on the sofa bed.

Now that my kids are older, we are getting two connecting rooms instead. It will be nice to have the extra space to put all our things. It was a challenge before trying to fit all of our clothes in the confined space we were given.

Whatever you decide, you will have a fantastic cruise!

Wow. A lot of negativity in the replies. If we could have booked a bigger suit or had separate rooms don't you think that would have been our first choice. I am not worried about us being together for a week. We have all traveled together before and do not have any problems. We are hardly even going to be in the our room anyway besides to sleep. I am not concerned about un packing either I have no problem keeping my items in my suitcase. The bathroom won't be an issue either. I just am not sure what sort of bed options are offered other than the two twin beds.

Wow. A lot of negativity in the replies. If we could have booked a bigger suit or had separate rooms don't you think that would have been our first choice. I am not worried about us being together for a week. We have all traveled together before and do not have any problems. We are hardly even going to be in the our room anyway besides to sleep. I am not concerned about un packing either I have no problem keeping my items in my suitcase. The bathroom won't be an issue either. I just am not sure what sort of bed options are offered other than the two twin beds.

Don't worry about the negative comments. You're going on a cruise!

Anyway, it maybe tight on the sofa bed for two people, so hopefully you have a Pullman bed which will help. Are you and your sister-in-law small? If so you two can share the sofa bed and/or Pullman bed, and your husband and brother can separate the twin beds and sleep on them...... but getting a Pullman will definitely help.

The two twins can be pushed together as you can see in the picture someone posted. If you post your cabin number, we can check on the deckplans to see if you have a sofabed or pullman bed or both. You can also just check yourself on the deckplans. There will be a symbol beside the cabin number, a triangle or a cross or a diamond, then you can look at the legend on the lower left side of the deckplans to decode the symbol.

There will be no floor space for a rollaway unless you book a suite.

Wow. A lot of negativity in the replies. If we could have booked a bigger suit or had separate rooms don't you think that would have been our first choice. I am not worried about us being together for a week. We have all traveled together before and do not have any problems. We are hardly even going to be in the our room anyway besides to sleep. I am not concerned about un packing either I have no problem keeping my items in my suitcase. The bathroom won't be an issue either. I just am not sure what sort of bed options are offered other than the two twin beds.[/QUOTE]

There are 2 types of bed configurations for balcony cabins.

Both configurations have twin beds that can be made up either together or apart.

One type of cabin will have a sofabed that sleeps 2 (somewhat uncomfortably IMO). These are represented by a triangle on the deck plan.

The other type of cabin will have a sofa bed and a Pullman bed. These are represented by a solid black diamond on the deck plans.

Apologize for any negativity. Can i just make a suggestion since your cruise is a way out? Just every one in awhile run a query to make sure you are still saving money by putting the 4 of you in a room. Im just trying to pass on some recent info ive learned. Ive always stuck 4 of us in a room. I was going to do that on my upcoming allure trip.

Sometimes there seems to be some weird pricing structures because it was actually more expensive for us all in one room in an interior than it was for us to spread out and do 2 central park view rooms which were a couple levels up. That is all I am suggesting. I was so shocked and happy to see that that now I tell anyone I can to at least visit the option.

I know it can be done with 4 in a room. Ive done it. Im just trying to help a sista out [emoji6]

Debbie

Edited by debbs0723

These staterooms accommodate two passengers comfortably...barely!!! Four passengers will make it very uncomfortable! Suggest a second cabin.

Totally agree with the above! It was just barely all right for two. :rolleyes:

LuLu

My first cruise ever was with my mother and my sister and we had a oceanview room on the Liberty in 2008 . My sister got to sleep in one of them pull down beds from the ceiling. There wasnt too much room for moving, I cant imagine 4.

I know you are on the Oasis but there cant be much more room in them compared to freedom class

My first cruise ever was with my mother and my sister and we had a oceanview room on the Liberty in 2008 . My sister got to sleep in one of them pull down beds from the ceiling. There wasnt too much room for moving, I cant imagine 4.

I know you are on the Oasis but there cant be much more room in them compared to freedom class

There is actually less space in the Oasis class balconies vs the Freedom class.

Oasis class D balconies- 182 sq ft

Freedom class D balconies- 199 sq ft

Edited by Ourusualbeach

There is actually less space in the Oasis class balconies vs the Freedom class.

Oasis class D balconies- 182 sq ft

Freedom class D balconies- 199 sq ft

Interesting. I couldnt imagine 4 people in that.

Please don't take it as negativity, people are just trying to make sure you are aware of what to expect.

A number of people have asked what cabin you are booked in now to see how they can help out, but you have shared that information. Most all cabins have 2 twin beds that can either stay as 2 twins or be put together to make a queen bed. Then you have other cabins with a sofa bed, or a pullman/sofa bed, or just pullmans. The balcony cabins on Oasis/Allure have at least one sofa bed if they can hold more than 2.

I understand you are comfortable together, however do feel others are giving you very good information. We have done 4 in an interior when my kids were small and lived through it. Now that my kids are older, there is no way we could do it especially in the Oasis/Allure cabins (they are just about the smallest around and have a lot less storage than other ships). We had 3 on our last cruise in a D cabin with the pullman/sofa bed combo. My son slept in the pullman so that we didn't have the sofabed pulled out taking up space. We were fine in the room, even with 3 of us there, however space for belongings was VERY tight. Even using the suitcase as a "drawer" it was tough to get it out to get to the suitcase with all there.

Is it do-able, absolutely, but you must be prepared. As someone else mentioned I would be doing checks every day to see if anything else opens up to let you have more space. I love my balcony, but would prefer to be in 2 insides if the price was similar. Or, go on a different ship where that would be possible.

Whatever you choose, enjoy your cruise.

Edited by akcruz

Of course you would have booked different accommodations if feasible, but don't you love the suggestion of the 2 story loft suite! Hey why not just go for the Presidential Royal Suite! :)

You accommodations will be VERY tight. Even if you do just plan to shower and sleep there - Just to help put a bit -There is a spacious shower in the spa area. Perhaps the men can shower there to make it a bit easier. My husband likes the extra space and will often shower there, especially if our cabin location is close to the spa.

enjoy the cruise.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

My husband, brother, sister in law and I are all sailing on the Oasis in April of 2015. We currently have an ocean view belcony room booked. This is my second cruise and everyone else's first. I for some reason thought the beds became full size not twin. My question is do all of the rooms have pull out couches or is it possible to get a rollaway as my husband and I both won't fit well sleeping on the couch seeing as we are going to rotate who gets the bed for the night. If anyone has any tips or suggestions for the boat itself that would useful also. We are not sure what excursions to participate in either. I really want to go snorkeling someplace but not sure where is best. We stop in Hati, Jamacia and Mexico. Thanks for the ho/information. I hope I posted in the correct location.

First of all, welcome to cruise critics. Don’t think anybody officially welcome you to these boards as everyone was too excited in voicing their opinions. Trust me when I say the responses you are getting are not negative opinions compared to what else you might see in other posts. If you want to see negative opinions, go start a new thread asking about main dining room dress etiquette, then you will see the real fireworks.

The reason why people came out with strong opinions is because what you are proposing to do flies against the conventional wisdom of the boards with two couples sharing the same cabin. Given that you (and your party) are somewhat new to cruising, people are just very fast to comment on preventing what they perceive to newbie mistakes. As long as you know the pros and cons of 4 adults in the same cabin from the various replies, you are fine.

As for your post in #32, you said you looked into the option of 2 cabins but didn’t work out. Just out of curiosity, I took a quick look at the Royal Caribbean site for prices as it strikes me as odd that you can’t get 2 cabins are a lower price than one cabin if you are willing to make some sacrifices/tradeoffs.

Per your info, you are sailing in April 2015 on the western Caribbean on the Oasis. Assuming April 11 sailing date (could also be April 25), four adults in a D1 (ocean view balcony) is $5,444. Looking at your profile, at least you are from Michigan, so if you use the MI residency price, the price drops significantly to $4,818. Be sure to always check for your state residency promos.

Now, we look at 2 cabins with central park view (C2 – lowest price balcony view), each C2 is $2,202 or $4,404 with MI residency. So doing it this way, you save $400+ and you get more space with 2 cabins.

Then there’s the basic ocean view category I – each cabin is $2,083 or $4,166 for two connecting cabins on deck 3.

Obviously the biggest savings is if you get the inside cabin but you get the idea on different prices as you slide down the cabin selection. The key point everyone is trying to make is if you are willing to give up the ocean view balcony cabin for 4 people and trade that for other types of balconies or different views, you can have more space (2 cabins) and most likely save some money as well. Per your comment that you don’t plan to spend much time in your cabin, then it you probably don’t need a balcony cabin and can switch off to something else.

Have a good vacation no matter what you end up choosing.

No one is being negative.

Everyone is being realistic!

And this is being realistic based on personal experience and the mistakes we've made along the way.

Again if you tell us what stateroom # you are in we can tell you the bed config. I know the type just not the #

Edited by vacation_junkie

First of all, welcome to cruise critics. Don’t think anybody officially welcome you to these boards as everyone was too excited in voicing their opinions. Trust me when I say the responses you are getting are not negative opinions compared to what else you might see in other posts. If you want to see negative opinions, go start a new thread asking about main dining room dress etiquette, then you will see the real fireworks.

The reason why people came out with strong opinions is because what you are proposing to do flies against the conventional wisdom of the boards with two couples sharing the same cabin. Given that you (and your party) are somewhat new to cruising, people are just very fast to comment on preventing what they perceive to newbie mistakes. As long as you know the pros and cons of 4 adults in the same cabin from the various replies, you are fine.

As for your post in #32, you said you looked into the option of 2 cabins but didn’t work out. Just out of curiosity, I took a quick look at the Royal Caribbean site for prices as it strikes me as odd that you can’t get 2 cabins are a lower price than one cabin if you are willing to make some sacrifices/tradeoffs.

Per your info, you are sailing in April 2015 on the western Caribbean on the Oasis. Assuming April 11 sailing date (could also be April 25), four adults in a D1 (ocean view balcony) is $5,444. Looking at your profile, at least you are from Michigan, so if you use the MI residency price, the price drops significantly to $4,818. Be sure to always check for your state residency promos.

Now, we look at 2 cabins with central park view (C2 – lowest price balcony view), each C2 is $2,202 or $4,404 with MI residency. So doing it this way, you save $400+ and you get more space with 2 cabins.

Then there’s the basic ocean view category I – each cabin is $2,083 or $4,166 for two connecting cabins on deck 3.

Obviously the biggest savings is if you get the inside cabin but you get the idea on different prices as you slide down the cabin selection. The key point everyone is trying to make is if you are willing to give up the ocean view balcony cabin for 4 people and trade that for other types of balconies or different views, you can have more space (2 cabins) and most likely save some money as well. Per your comment that you don’t plan to spend much time in your cabin, then it you probably don’t need a balcony cabin and can switch off to something else.

Exactly my point. You just stated it much, MUCH, better. I made the rookie mistake twice with my kids thinking there was no way 2 rooms would be the same amount of money or even cheaper. Wish someone had told me.

Debbie

Well written ;)

Very helpful information - I think it pretty much sums up what everyone was trying to say. Hope original poster comes back, reads and comments!