Oasis dry dock changes

maggieq

Will the ta to Fort Lauderdale cruise be the first one since dry dock? Curious as there are conflicting rumors on the moving of the concierge lounge to the Viking crown area. The concierge on our August oasis cruise told us this. Some people are saying it will be turned into cabins/suites?

Will the ta to Fort Lauderdale cruise be the first one since dry dock? Curious as there are conflicting rumors on the moving of the concierge lounge to the Viking crown area. The concierge on our August oasis cruise told us this. Some people are saying it will be turned into cabins/suites?

Yes, the TA is the first cruise after dry dock.

It leaves Rotterdam Netherlands on October 14 with a stop in Southampton on October 15 to pick up more pax before its trip across the pond to Fort Lauderdale.

So hoping someone on board will share changes here on CC.

I am boarding this ship on the 15 th for the TA but as people are boarding the day before in Rotterdam I suspect that by 13:00 on the 14 th Oct you will know all about the changes.There are loads of Cruise Critic folk on board (over 200) at the meet and greet..:)

With it being October 7th and the ship leaving drydock in 7 days there is ZERO REASON that Royal should be keeping passengers in the dark regarding changes that will be made to the ship. I understand that not everything will be done by the transatlantic crossing, but at this point they know what the final product will be and they should send out a press release. Sadly I doubt they will.

RCCL's increasing penchant for secretiveness has really turned me off to their product and I am now looking mostly at Princess and HAL (and sometimes even Carnival) for upcoming cruises.

Edited by scottamiller

So hoping someone on board will share changes here on CC.

I am in Rotterdam now and may try to get a glimpse of Oasis in Dry dock today prior to driving to Germany. I board the ship in Rotterdam, but I am almost certain that someone will beat me to posting information about the changes. Otherwise, I will post some info prior to sailing out from Rotterdam.

I was on the last cruise before dry Dock.

They told us the private balconies will be changed to suites.

The concierge lounge is being moved up to Viking Lounge.

The Diamond Lounge is also being moved but they did not know where.

happy cruising

No, Windjammer stays but will be larger as Izumi is moving down to deck 4 (one of the private dining rooms). DL moves also to deck 4 (second private dining room).

Current CL will be Coastal Kitchen. MDR decks will be transferred to American Icon Grille, The Grande and Silk (but Dynamic Dining won´t start until March 2015). Don´t know what the current DL on deck 6 will be converted (some say Wonderland, some say inside cabins).

steamboats

Ah ok, thank you, someone says that windjammer dissapears, but I don think so.

In the transatlantic of 15th october the main dining room still to the conventional dinner right?

Yes, the MDR will supposedly still have traditional dinner for a while.

The VCL will be converted to the new CL. The Pinnacle Chapel and Pinnacle Lounge will be converted to Royal Suites.

steamboats

happy cruising

There is a new Royal Suite listed on Deck 17 if you look at the booking page on the RCI website for future cruises. It is 1758, which would be the current location of the Pinnacle Chapel. CL 1756 is next door. I would imagine this to be quite an extensive project, as it's listed as Royal Suite With Balcony. There isn't a corresponding RS listed on the other side of the ship.

Likewise, if you look for a GS, there are new cabins listed. The first one that popped up for me was 11330...looks like that secret balcony is now a GS!

I agree with others who are frustrated about the lack of information and deck plans. It's unnecessary! I love RCI, but I actually think not providing information shows a lack of respect towards people who are paid in full or have deposits to cruise on the Oasis.

There is a new Royal Suite listed on Deck 17 if you look at the booking page on the RCI website for future cruises. It is 1758, which would be the current location of the Pinnacle Chapel. CL 1756 is next door. I would imagine this to be quite an extensive project, as it's listed as Royal Suite With Balcony. There isn't a corresponding RS listed on the other side of the ship.

Likewise, if you look for a GS, there are new cabins listed. The first one that popped up for me was 11330...looks like that secret balcony is now a GS!

I agree with others who are frustrated about the lack of information and deck plans. It's unnecessary! I love RCI, but I actually think not providing information shows a lack of respect towards people who are paid in full or have deposits to cruise on the Oasis.

Word has it that an RCI press release is planned for Oct 7th outlining the changes after dry dock. Stay tuned.......:rolleyes:

If we have a Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony Cat D7, we were told that is also an AFT room is that true? If so could anyone post of pictures, my husband and I would love to see it. I also read that private balconies will be suites I'm curious if that is what we have? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

If we have a Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony Cat D7, we were told that is also an AFT room is that true? If so could anyone post of pictures, my husband and I would love to see it. I also read that private balconies will be suites I'm curious if that is what we have? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

In order to know exactly where your stateroom is, we would need the stateroom number.

happy cruising

I was just told on Allure that their diamond lounge will most likely be moved permanently to Blaze (possibly another location close by, same deck) - downstairs, no view. It's fine with me as I enjoyed the overflow lounge there on Oasis. So this may be the likely location of the DL on Oasis, too.

But....there are those involved on board who registered their opposition to moving the DL and putting staterooms in that location. Reason being, on Allure there is Boleros directly below the DL which can be quite loud and go on well into the night. They can hear the complaints already from the staterooms above. That's not something that's hard to predict.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

The VCL will be converted to the new CL. The Pinnacle Chapel and Pinnacle Lounge will be converted to Royal Suites.

steamboats

That was the initial rumour however the additional suites are now up for sale on the website and there was only one Royal Suite added. It is 1758 and it replaced the Pinnacle Chapel.

I would expect a restaurant or exclusive lounge to replace the Pinnacle Lounge.

D7's are not suites. Suites start with the JS which is the next cat above a D1. Full suites start with a GS. The private balconies are reported being made into GS's. 7 cats above a D7

That was the initial rumour however the additional suites are now up for sale on the website and there was only one Royal Suite added. It is 1758 and it replaced the Pinnacle Chapel.

I would expect a restaurant or exclusive lounge to replace the Pinnacle Lounge.

Or maybe they will make the pinnacle lounge into the DL and ditch the whole DL in a downstairs location idea. Downstairs in "entertainment" place the area can get pretty crowded. It might not be the greatest place for a loyalty lounge. It all remains to be seen.

Gina

I'm sorry to ask all these questions I"m just super confused I know it has a balcony but it says its an aft room I don't know what that is or what they look like, location on the ship?

It would be on the side of the ship near the aft, but not on the very back of the ship. Cabins on the sides of the ships near the back are classed as aft cabins, but are still on the side

Go here and look up your cabin # or where D7's are

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?shipCode=OA

Edited by setsail