How many cruises did it take you to reach platinum?

jmele999

This is very strange. I don't understand the passive aggressiveness in this thread. There clearly is a back story to all of this which I certainly hope stays waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in the back. I didn't denote any ill will from the OP.

Theres no backstory only animosity ...

Im okay your okay , is the only okay ;)

What on earth is all this business about moving up the social ladder, looking down, and on and on?? Good grief, isn't there anything else to think about?~ If you feel that inferior/resentful/angry, then you have more problems than how long it takes go get platinum.

My personal experience was it took about 14 cruises to gain platinum. My wife, who has significantly fewer than I benefited from the current points program and became platinum much quicker.

I have absolutely no issues with the length of time anyone takes to achieve that level in the latitudes program. If they can do it in two cruises... more power to them!

I am taking my fifth cruise with NCL later this month (all 7 day cruises) and have 28 points now. I will double that after my Oct and Mar cruises since I booked them more than 9 months out. So I think I will be gold after 6 cruises. Platinum will take another 2 or 3 cruises.

And congratulations to anyone that is Gold and Platinum. Your loyalty gets you some rewards, as it should.

For me, I'll be platinum in about 3-5 trips either in 2016 -2018. That only due to 2015 trip being a 12 day that's booked year in advance plus its a Latidudes Rewards trip, so triple the points for me. My 2014 one, is just double due to being booked 9 months ago, which gives me 14 points to start after the trip is done. 2016 trip will probably be booked a year in advance around my birthday as well, so automatic double points as well. I might do last minute trips in 2015 and 2016 as well which be 7 points or double due to Latitude inside offer, if not same plan for future trips in 2017 and 2018.

OP just want to know how many trips it took to get to Platinum - people got there by booking suites plus doing the 9+ month wait, well more power to them to getting there sooner because honestly who cares? Other people there sooner due to traveling often w/o using suites or Haven - does that make them paupers and low-class? No, that means has time and /or to travel more - if that how you're measuring if someonen is rich if they can afford suites / Havens then no offense, you need to rethink your how to measure wealth and class....

Platinum could be reached AFTER one cruise of 19 days - - -

Earn 1 point for every cruise night

Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Suite* or in The Haven

Earn 1 additional point per night when booking nine months or more in advance

Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Latitudes Insider Offer

4x19= 76 minimum to achieve Platinum

Now where am I going to find that 19 day cruise with a Latitudes Offer ?

Perhaps a Trans-Pacific with an awful amount of sea days.

Just remember that you will not be Platinum on your first cruise - it will be

after that cruise or many more.

Edited by don't-use-real-name
highlight

Old & Retired -

You can accelerate your points by booking more than 9 months out.

Your 7 point cruise then becomes a 14 point cruise.

Then instead of 10 more cruises only 5 (5x14=70) would be required.

You already have 7 in the bank needing 69 more.

No special stateroom/cabin required or Latitudes Offers.

It is this type of question that for me typifies what a lot of people see is wrong with cruising. Too many continually boast and show off as to what grade of suite they are travelling in and how many points they have gained to move up the social ladder. It shows that there is a class system on board ships similar to the days of Titanic when steerage passengers were treated like second class citizens. Is it time for cruise lines to go "one class" and to dispense with the points scoring excercise?

It's worked the opposite way for us. We've never booked a suite, but have booked longer cruises in lower cost cabins. Now that we are platinum, we feel like we are treated royally even in an inside cabin. The reward to repeat customers makes us look at NCL first for a given itinerary.

To the OP, it took us six cruises as several were 20+ day back to backs.

It's worked the opposite way for us. We've never booked a suite, but have booked longer cruises in lower cost cabins. Now that we are platinum, we feel like we are treated royally even in an inside cabin. The reward to repeat customers makes us look at NCL first for a given itinerary.

To the OP, it took us six cruises as several were 20+ day back to backs.

Our path to platinum was very similar to the above account! We did not even realize we had reached platinum until the "goodies" begn appearing! Now we are hooked!!!

It'll be 6 cruises for us, even getting extra points, booking 9 months out and booking some pretty long cruises, admittedly B2bs but it's still taking us a while to get there.

Our next cruise will be a total of 25 days, British Isles + TA so it's x2 for booking 9+months out, we'll get 50 points but no way are we booking a suite, :eek: :p

PS, I shouldn't say next cruise, we are cruising on the Sun but it's a mini cruise compared to next year's. :eek:

Edited by All-ready2cruise

I will "turn" platinum on this coming cruise, which will be my 8th. Everything from OV to Haven. My only complaint is that for 5 of these cruises I have been a solo cruiser, paying double for my balcony, and only getting 7 points (and I think I should have gotten double points for my double payment -- but that's not the way it works!).