Celebrity's 2016–2017 Deployment Opening Schedule

Celebrity Cruises

There have been a number of posts expressing the view that prices are substantially higher for 2016 cruises, which on an initial view seems accurate.

However we have just booked a mid June 14 day Baltic cruise on the Eclipse which is almost identical to one we did in 2013; and the price, after factoring in all the offers, works out at £76pp higher for the 2016 cruise, which is an increase of only 4.6%.

So not really a massive increase, but it will be interesting to see how these prices progress up to the cruise date; so far our experience has been that we have never seen our launch prices bettered, for the same grade.

I suppose we have just been spoiled with cruise fares lately.:D

Have my first celebrity cruise booked for may 2015 and made the mistake of looking at 2016 itineraries!

I now see a cruise I like the sound of including a free drinks package, wish I could be sure I'd love celebrity and could book!!

Sent from my D6603 using Forums mobile app

Definitely more difficult last year. There were no proper itineraries until they went on sale to the general public so you really had no idea what was being offered.

Thank you. That explains some of the anxiety reflected in some of the earlier posts.

I agree with the others that think these rates are too high. We prefer Celebrity but why shell out money 22 months in advance of my travel date to pay top dollar. I don't have to have a specific cabin or even category...we go for the best bang for the buck. Sometimes that results in a balcony cabin, other times an inside or ocean view. In researching pricing on 2015 itineraries for Greek Isles for example I could go on Royal Caribbean in September 2015 on nearly the exact same itinerary as Celebrity in 2015 or 2016 for the same number of nights for $700.00 less per person. When looking at the lowest priced ever published for the Royal Caribbean option its over $800.00 per person difference. It's only my opinion but Celebrity does not offer me $800.00 per person more value. I'll wait until spring and see what the rest of the cruiselines offer.

I can see the spring 2016 TA for Eclipse when I did a search for transatlantics, but not the fall 2016. All but the Eclipse show up. When I did a search just for dates (Sept-Oct 2016) for Eclipse the last date for Eclipse is Oct 16th Spain & Canary Islands Cruise.

I am looking for that one too. did you notice the outrageous prices for the Spain/Canary Islands??

Today X published itineraries for the next couple of years in Europe. Some new and interesting things to my way of thinking. I like the extra day in St Petersburg. Also new ports in Norway and the Iberian Peninsula cruise. And some changes in the Med. Anyone else excited?

I agree with the others that think these rates are too high. We prefer Celebrity but why shell out money 22 months in advance of my travel date to pay top dollar. I don't have to have a specific cabin or even category...we go for the best bang for the buck. Sometimes that results in a balcony cabin, other times an inside or ocean view. In researching pricing on 2015 itineraries for Greek Isles for example I could go on Royal Caribbean in September 2015 on nearly the exact same itinerary as Celebrity in 2015 or 2016 for the same number of nights for $700.00 less per person. When looking at the lowest priced ever published for the Royal Caribbean option its over $800.00 per person difference. It's only my opinion but Celebrity does not offer me $800.00 per person more value. I'll wait until spring and see what the rest of the cruiselines offer.

I too will wait until either the pricing comes down or I have a definite plan and budget.:D

In my opinion it was very simple. The prices were available last night, I made a quick spread sheet of what I wanted. This morning called, on hold maybe 3 minutes, got all booked with very helpful Celebrity phone rep, all done in a few minutes. :)

Now it will be interesting to see what Royal comes up with in spring with their Europe 2016 schedule.

Thank you for the heads up - very much appreciated:)

Our Europe to Emirates 17 nights cruise on Azamara is only $3200,- for a balcony cabin. (October 2016)

Also, their 10 nights Arabian Gulf cruise from Dubai is $2999,- for a balcony. (October 2016)

Not bad pricing at all.

I am really looking forward to see the Celebrity pricing (knowing fully well those itineraries might not be 17 and 10 nights)

Just booked the Azamara 17 nighter to Dubai. Great price!

Haven't been through Suez since '87 on an aircraft carrier. Should be a more relaxing experience this time :cool:.

MARK

I can see the spring 2016 TA for Eclipse when I did a search for transatlantics, but not the fall 2016. All but the Eclipse show up. When I did a search just for dates (Sept-Oct 2016) for Eclipse the last date for Eclipse is Oct 16th Spain & Canary Islands Cruise.

Possibly because the port calls are not going to be in Europe?

Remember this first tranche of releases is supposed to be Europe cruises, and I guess that is why the TAs already released have shown up now rather than later.

Interesting to see that the 2016 itineraries include the Black Sea, the original black sea itinerary. This hopefully means that the ports are considered more stable and that the 2015 itineraries might progress as per our booking.... I hope so

Interesting to see that the 2016 itineraries include the Black Sea, the original black sea itinerary. This hopefully means that the ports are considered more stable and that the 2015 itineraries might progress as per our booking.... I hope so

That would be nice.:D

Tried booking TA and I know that there is a price increase, and no 123 promo but....they are not even offering Captain Club early booking and it's 2 years out. Anybody get it?

We didn't get the 123go either. Apparently it's not available for the TA sailing. What we did get was the 1 catagory upgrade from A2 to A1. My travel agent said that she would try to get us something. I'm just happy to get our 1st choice cabin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Forums mobile app

The listing of cruises for 2016-2017 that were "unexpectedly released" earlier in the UK had the Eclipse departing Oct. 30, 2016 doing the Transatlantic itinerary that she is doing this year from Southampton to New York, Bermuda and Port Canaveral. I'm wondering if X is reevaluating this itinerary along the northern route due to the effects of the recent storm in the Atlantic?