Celebrity's 2016–2017 Deployment Opening Schedule

Celebrity Cruises

nothing in particular...just overall...M class has alot of diehard fans...normally I prefer newer ships, like with the "solsticeization" I figure that no matter how good a refit...a ship built to have those features is better. so given identical itineraries you would pick silhouette over millie or connie, yes?

Michael,

I think you question was directed at me, if not I'll answer anyway :p.

Both classes have their good and bad points :). Our last cabin on X was a FV on Infinity (M class), and it was brilliant (the balcony was to die for :D). We prefer Silhouette to Solstice, probably because of the LCG. Cafe al Bacio isn't as big on the M class and does become very busy. Additionally, we did like the sun deck on Silhouette, huge comfy loungers and chairs away from the pool :).

Was there anything in particular you wanted comparisons on?

nothing in particular...just overall...M class has alot of diehard fans...normally I prefer newer ships, like with the "solsticeization" I figure that no matter how good a refit...a ship built to have those features is better. so given identical itineraries you would pick silhouette over millie or connie, yes?

Definitely :). I think you'll enjoy sailing on her, especially as it's post repairs.

Edited by villauk

The US web site now has the late 2016 / early 2017 Connie sailings from the Med through the Suez canal to Asia and back listed.

We did the same thing on the Solstice in 2012 and have booked the last 3 in a row (Singapore to Rome).

I LIKE the fact that Celebrity is offering us more interesting itineraries:)

It takes two cruises - April 2, 2017 is Singapore to Abu Dhabi and April 17, 2017 is Abu Dhabi to Rome.:)

It turned out that my hunch about Connie's itineraries was correct, just had to be patient.

We just booked these this morning as well. :D

Edited by C-Dragons

For anyone in the UK thinking of booking the Dec 23rd 2016 Solstice 12 night South Pacific cruise, the UK site has a pick one from 3 of the normal 123 offers available on OV and above. Or all three for Concierge and above.

http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/on-sale-now-captains-club.aspx?ecid=5430400&rid=649229619&lid=Indian_sailing_title&emsc=UKCELDEC14TUESOSNEMCC

Shame that this thread wasn't made a sticky!

For anyone in the UK thinking of booking the Dec 23rd 2016 Solstice 12 night South Pacific cruise, the UK site has a pick one from 3 of the normal 123 offers available on OV and above. Or all three for Concierge and above.

http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/on-sale-now-captains-club.aspx?ecid=5430400&rid=649229619&lid=Indian_sailing_title&emsc=UKCELDEC14TUESOSNEMCC

Shame that this thread wasn't made a sticky!

I was just thinking the same thing... And I believe someone did suggest that earlier.

I just thought I would mention that I just checked Celebrity's web page and the 2016/17 Caribbean itineraries are up. They are also offering a number of cruise tours on many of their itineraries. I'm not sure if I've ever seen those offered for the Caribbean before.

• 1 year later...