Canadian Thanksgiving, October 13th

solocanadian

Happy Thanksgiving from me, too. We are doing our turkey dinner tomorrow, and Monday will follow up with lots of exercise! I love Thanksgiving Dinner as it has none of the stress of Christmas ;). After the longest, hottest summer I can remember for a very long time, we are back to our usual rains today, so it feels very seasonal.:)

How true about the Rain.

We live in NS it is always foggy here. ;);)

Last year in the Greater Vancouver area we had a lot of fog. It did not disperse as usual in the morning, but would stay around for hours, right into the afternoon. Lasted for weeks. Must be something like the Maritime's fog!

Edited by SilvertoGold

Happy Thanksgiving from me, too. We are doing our turkey dinner tomorrow, and Monday will follow up with lots of exercise! I love Thanksgiving Dinner as it has none of the stress of Christmas ;). After the longest, hottest summer I can remember for a very long time, we are back to our usual rains today, so it feels very seasonal.:)

Sounds like a plan!

I am liking the rain, especially the downpour this morning. Everything is fresh!!

Thanksgiving's Spell

The warmth and peace of gratitude,

the scents and savor of plenty.

A table laden with favored food,

surrounding hearts no longer empty.

Family,friends and friends like family,

we gather safe, knowing all is well.

Grace filled thanks we give most happily,

secure and blessed in Thanksgiving's spell.

Happy Thanksgiving Canadian CCers...wishing you much health and happiness this holiday weekend.

Love Colleen

Yes....HAPPY THANKSGIVING to we Canadians!! A gorgeous day here in Southern Ontario - sunny with beautifully coloured leaves on our trees. The frost is on the pumpkin.....I give thanks for all of our many blessings!! A country of freedoms, a beautiful family and our health!! :) Having our turkey dinner at my daughter's home. A great day to spend with family and little grandsons who are 3 and 1 1/2 years.

Edited by fuzzywuzzy

A gorgeous day here in Southern Ontario - sunny with beautifully coloured leaves on our trees.

A beautiful day here on the "frozen tundra" as well; temp of +16C (61F), bright sunshine and the scent of cooking turkey is wafting through the house. The only thing that makes this Thanksgiving better is that in 2 weeks from tomorrow (Monday), we set sail from Barcelona for our first-ever (of many to come, I'm sure) trans-Atlantic crossings on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Tres excited, I am!

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

A beautiful day here on the "frozen tundra" as well; temp of +16C (61F), bright sunshine and the scent of cooking turkey is wafting through the house. The only thing that makes this Thanksgiving better is that in 2 weeks from tomorrow (Monday), we set sail from Barcelona for our first-ever (of many to come, I'm sure) trans-Atlantic crossings on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Tres excited, I am!

Sounds like a fun weekend long weekend for you!

Have a super cruise. TAs are the best!

--take care of my nieuw amsterdam,, im sailing , jan 4th----------and happy thks giving-- frm southern ontario--:D

Thank you. Our turkey dinner will be tomorrow, Monday, which is a bit tough because I will be working on Tuesday. Today we spent today visiting my 93 year old uncle and 91 year old aunt and their family who are my only extended family left. Bit was a magnificent day with pure blue skies and bright sun. It was hot!! Hard to believe we are in October after the cool and wet summer we had.

I am not a fog fan as I have to drive down the Niagara Escarpment every work morning at 4:30 and the fog can get so thick it is a dangerous drive.

Happy Thanksgiving, fellow Canucks!

Yet another gorgeous day!

We hosted the festivities here yesterday! Very blessed to have a wonderful family, and all still relatively healthy!

Now off to do something with the leftovers! ;)

Happy Thanksgiving to fellow Canadian cruisers!

We celebrated yesterday due to family and friends having to travel today.

Hope Ger_77 is spending some time in Barcelona to experience the sites and atmosphere. We did the Inaugural NA TA in 2010 and have been considering a re-do at some time in order to explore further.

Happy Columbus Day to our American friends! Barcelona is the site of a monumental moment where the explorer is depicted on a high pedestal, pointing, and saying "Mamma mia! I forgot to download a map update on my GPS!"

Now that it's official, let me offer my wishes for a happy Thanksgiving to the Canadians who are celebrating.

Let the dinners, and the leftovers, be delicious. Let the friends and family be cherished.

Now that it's official, let me offer my wishes for a happy Thanksgiving to the Canadians who are celebrating.

Let the dinners, and the leftovers, be delicious. Let the friends and family be cherished.

I'll second that!!!:)

We went to cousins last night for turkey and all the fixings, tonight I'll fix our family dinner, and next month we'll have American Thanksgiving on the beautiful Maasdam with new friends and someone else doing the cooking. Can't get any better!

Thanksgiving is a time

To say thank you to those we treasure,

Those people we hold close to our hearts,

Who give us so much pleasure.

Without you my dearest friend's

I cannot comprehend;

You have always been there for me,

May our friendship never end.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our Canadian Friends..

I found the above simple poem on a WEB site which I keep in my favorites..

http://www.thank-you-note-examples-wording-ideas.com/

It is a perfect Thank you for all of you who have helped me over the years in my cruise preparations & kept me company when no cruises are planned..

May you all have Fair Winds & Following Seas!

Betty

Edited by serendipity1499