Breakfast in main dining room

Merly

The only time we ever eat breakfast in the MDR is on the last day since the WJ is always a madhouse on debarkation day and by the last morning I am kind of sick of food!:D I don't think I've ever had a decent breakfast in the MDR, the omelets are tasteless and sometimes cold, and you get a scoop of soggy hash browns. The muesli on the cereal bar is good but that is available in the WJ. I always thought the food was bad because it was the last day, but then we did a character breakfast once and the food was the same.:(

Sherri:)

Can you tell me at breakfast can you have apple or orange juice free of charge? I was looking under the juices and beverages on the menu, didn't know if that was included or something additional you had to pay for...

At breakfast the only juice charged for is the fresh squeezed.

The orange juice that's complimentary is from concentrate.

Not sure if apple juice is available , have not seen grape juice.

I usually never complain about the food on an RCI ship but if I were going to, breakfast in the MDR is where I would start. It may be "civilized" :rolleyes: but the food is NOT that good. I like cooked to order fried eggs for breakfast and the MDR kitchen has no idea how to do these properly. I have tried on the three ships Ive been on they fail miserably. They are always way overcooked with a crusty edge on them and served cold.

The Windjammer nails them perfectly every time. Plus I can make a Trainman breakfast sandwich in the Windjammer :)

Edited by ryano

It's not you. It's the other hundreds aimlessly walking around like zombies carrying their food looking for a table while bumping into you and/or your chair. Cutting you in line, taking the last piece of bacon, eating off the buffet, coughing on the buffet... No, it's not you... :D:D:D

Haven't noticed those zombies, at least not hundreds of them in the WJ and certainly never had them bumping into me or my chair. As far as finding a table, one of us usually scopes out a location while the other gets the first items of food. With the food station arrangement, in place of the cafeteria line setup on some lines, there are very few lines where cutting in is a problem, and food is usually quickly replaced when it is required so there is rarely, if ever, a problem of not getting that last piece of bacon. On Radiance class ships (our favorites) eating breakfast outside at the rear of the Windjammer is a special treat. All in all, I find that the advantages of having breakfast in the Windjammer far outweigh any supposed disadvantages, and certainly are significantly better than our experiences in the MDR. An added advantage is that it greatly reduces my chances of being seated with someone who claims that the only proper way to do things on a cruise is her way and isn't shy about saying so, and saying so, and saying so.;)

Err, I can honestly say I have never seen anyone take "the last piece of bacon" because they always replace the tray long before that. I have never, ever seen an empty warming bin on any of my cruises. :)

All in jest. Ironically, I have seen the last bacon scooped by a line cutter but it was in the MDR buffet. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Big_G